400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client

zillah

Limp Gawd
Dear All

I have seen many thread like the one I am posting now but I couldn't find a cure ,,,,may be I overlooked or it is hiding somewhere on net I didn't find it
I am trying to set Nighthawk D8500 with Firmware Version V1.0.3.50_1.0.1 as an Access Point and I was looking to change the LAN IPs then this message popped up
Code:
400 Bad Request This server does not support the operation requested by your client
How can I overcome this issue ?

Thx

Last edited:
I think you are going to have to give a bit more context. Were you working in the GUI or the command line?
Usually that error is almost useless the problem I have found most often is a incorrectly formatted command. If in the GUI then might well be something else. As in this is not allowed.
Guessing you are in the command line though. Check carefully you don't have a miss formatted command. Missing " (quotes) around a compound string are the most likely suspects.

So di dyou successfully get it to set the AP up but are now having issues changing the LAN IP ranges? or trying to give the LAN a new IP? That might go back to the original AP setup. You may need to actually set the LAN IP otherwise it will default when you first enabled. Grasping a little here I know maybe someone else has a similar setup and can be more specific. But maybe this will get you started.

Back