40% Thinner Apple Watch 2 Predicted To Debut In June

Megalith

24-bit/48kHz
Staff member
The next iteration of the Apple Watch is also expected to have a video camera and expanded Wi-Fi capabilities.

…White predicts that the Apple Watch could be refreshed within the next two to three months. He believes that a 20% to 40% thinner Apple Watch 2 could be unveiled by June, possibly at Apple's annual WWDC, which could take place between June 13-17 based on scheduled availability at Moscone West, the San Francisco convention center where the developer event is typically held.

How about keep the same size and make the battery last for more than just half the day?

Whaaaaat? But newer SoC's are more power efficient, allowing us to shrink it and keep the same great battery life you're used to! Style > Function /s

For wrist jewelry, style does trump function.

True, but there's a delicate balance. If the device is too bulky, people won't wear it. If the device needs to be charged endlessly, people won't wear it. Have to find the sweet spot.

I've only seen a few Apple watches and they don't strike me as "too bulky". So I'd say the extra battery life might be better. Unless people feel it needs to be thinned out.

How about keep the same size and make the battery last for more than just half the day?
As I recall, that was their original plan, but user data showed that people were using the watch all day and only charging it when they sleep, so they went this way instead.

Last edited:
Ionno sounded about as dumb as dual screens Nintendo ds, but hell what do i know the ds has been practially printing Nintendo money for the past 10 years

Lol yeah because the size was the main user complaint.

Marketing department at apple wins again. Wonder if this thing is going to be forgotten in a few years?

Back