40" Samsung UN40KU6290 4K $290 at Best Buy (or $265 with $25/$200 Amex offer)

There are benchmarks out there
Have you confirmed this? I ask because if not, I will have a little project on my hands once I get it set up. The most graphically-intensive game that I play (I think) is Serious Sam III ... and that is years old. I much prefer RTSs. I'll have to report back once I get it tested ... oh, the excitement!

Thanks again ...

Have you confirmed this? I ask because if not, I will have a little project on my hands once I get it set up. The most graphically-intensive game that I play (I think) is Serious Sam III ... and that is years old. I much prefer RTSs. I'll have to report back once I get it tested ... oh, the excitement!

Thanks again ...
Well, if you're only gaming with games that are 3+ years old, you *might* get away with it. (Of course those games will be missing any optimizations for super high-res gaming, so it may not work still.)

Go read the benchmarks yourself, you're not doing 4K on a 950.

Hell, I'll help:
https://arstechnica.com/gadgets/201...ghly-capable-good-value-gpu-for-1080p-gaming/

You're fine at 1080, and even some games at 1440. But 4K ain't bloody happening.

Thanks again ...

I have a 960 and this monitor, I can play dota 2 maxed out around 45-55fps at 4k, some times it dips lower and goes higher, but the average I notice is around that. Dota 2 is not a demanding game, anything more demanding is going to bring your 950 to its knees.

20170314_154558.jpg
Uhm....anyone selling a $10k desk? This aint going to fit....
(yes I know I need to clean my desk, I just moved things out of the way to put it up there)

So far so good, but I have one little tiny issue.

I can't make out the small blue underline in Windows 10 for open/active programs that are pinned to the taskbar unless I get my eyes way down to the desk perpendicular to the screen. Even then the blue line is super super thin and small as if the last few pixels on the bottom are under the bezel of the monitor.

The only "solution" I can find is to use Nvidia Control Panel and basically limit some pixels at the bottom. This is not a good solution imo so I currently just "ignore" the issue.

Anyone else have this issue, not have this issue or have a real solution?

For $300 I honestly don't care all that much but my anal-retentiveness about little things can sometimes drives me crazy.

So far so good, but I have one little tiny issue.

I can't make out the small blue underline in Windows 10 for open/active programs that are pinned to the taskbar unless I get my eyes way down to the desk perpendicular to the screen. Even then the blue line is super super thin and small as if the last few pixels on the bottom are under the bezel of the monitor.

The only "solution" I can find is to use Nvidia Control Panel and basically limit some pixels at the bottom. This is not a good solution imo so I currently just "ignore" the issue.

Anyone else have this issue, not have this issue or have a real solution?

For $300 I honestly don't care all that much but my anal-retentiveness about little things can sometimes drives me crazy.
It's a standard feature for TVs to have 'overscan' area. Bits where the display is past the bezel.
The only way to fix it is to adjust the viewable area in the nvidia control panel

Do you mind linking the wall mount you used?
Well shit, I'd love to but I have no idea I've had it for several years....don't remember. It is a simple tilt wall mount, no swivel. I just set it up flush with the desk but with just enough room to tilt it up and down as necessary. Depending on if I'm gaming and like to lounge back a little further in the recliner (not pictured) or if I'm working; I have full tilt available. Sorry:(

Sound great! Maybe I'm a noob but why isn't it running 10 bit? Unless that is a total different matter?

If it is what you say, it is definitely a deal breaker for me too. I'm not finding any sources though that says it displays at 4:2:0. Is it something you read or something you experience personally?

I read it. http://forum.le.com/us/index.php?th...es-not-properly-support-ycbcr444-chroma.4223/

Well it may not really display it as 4:2:0 and actually be 4:2:2 it's enough of a deal breaker for me. See also:
http://i.rtings.com/images/reviews/super4/super4-chroma-444-4k-60-fps-large.jpg

It's a standard feature for TVs to have 'overscan' area. Bits where the display is past the bezel.
The only way to fix it is to adjust the viewable area in the nvidia control panel
You cant turn off overscan on this TV? I personally wouldn't buy it simply because of that.

You do realize that 1942 was one of the best FPS game ever

Acknowledging your point (low graphics requirements) but still arguably one of the best FPSs ever!

God, BF1942 was the best. The mods were out of this world. Those were the days of great shooters.

You do realize that 1942 was one of the best FPS game ever

Acknowledging your point (low graphics requirements) but still arguably one of the best FPSs ever!
Actually it was a nod to an old BF1942 clan buddy getting one of these monitors as well.

You cant turn off overscan on this TV? I personally wouldn't buy it simply because of that.
Haven't tried, I don't really notice it when the desktop / apps are up

Pretty sure setting the panel to PC mode takes care of this, pretty standard with Samsung HDTVs for the last 5-6 years. Either rename the input to PC or set it, not even sure I had to do this for this model.

The 4:2:2 comment is regarding the LeEco TV.

This KU6290 Samsung can turn off Overscan.

Thanks.

Besides that, it's a 40" 4K monitor for $300...come on. Anyone is welcome to show me a display that represents a better value.

I have found no way to turn overscan off. Doesn't bother me much but how are you able to turn this off?

Menu -> Picture Size -> Fit to Screen or something like that. If you are not using PC mode.

The 4:2:2 comment is regarding the LeEco TV.

This KU6290 Samsung can turn off Overscan.

What is the final verdict on the 4:4:4 then? I have one waiting for pickup abupt 40 miles away, hoping it's able to do that as well? 40" upgrade from a 27' samsung monitor makes me feel all giddy if it does 444. I have the xbox one that apparently makes nice use of that feature too.

What is the final verdict on the 4:4:4 then? I have one waiting for pickup abupt 40 miles away, hoping it's able to do that as well? 40" upgrade from a 27' samsung monitor makes me feel all giddy if it does 444. I have the xbox one that apparently makes nice use of that feature too.

It does 4:4:4. This has been discussed repeatedly, it works fine.

Picked mine up today. Have it hooked up to my R9 290 using Club3D's Displayport-to-HDMI 2.0 adapter and so far its working great. My first and most immediate question:

There appears to be some sort of automatic brightness adjustment going on, because the display brightness keeps dimming way down on its own. It ratches back up to normal whenever I adjust the backlight or brightness, but as soon as I leave it alone for a minute it starts to dim again. Is there a way to turn that off?

Picked mine up today. Have it hooked up to my R9 290 using Club3D's Displayport-to-HDMI 2.0 adapter and so far its working great. My first and most immediate question:

There appears to be some sort of automatic brightness adjustment going on, because the display brightness keeps dimming way down on its own. It ratches back up to normal whenever I adjust the backlight or brightness, but as soon as I leave it alone for a minute it starts to dim again. Is there a way to turn that off?

Found it. Its the Eco Sensor feature.

I did choose "PC" mode in my initial setup already and it still has the "overscan" so I can't see the underline with taskbar on bottom.

Take it out of PC mode and see if you can adjust it. Did you mess with the GPU settings trying to fix this? It's probably doinked up now, reset everything to defaults.

Take it out of PC mode and see if you can adjust it. Did you mess with the GPU settings trying to fix this? It's probably doinked up now, reset everything to defaults.
I tried that, and tried it again as you suggested. No difference. Taking it out of PC mode just messes with the colors/brightness and changes nothing with the overscan. Oh well.

Mine was received yesterday via UPS. The driver had a sad look on his face as he noted numerous impact points and holes on the box. He noted that the damage occurred before I took possession and then left. Expecting bad news I opened the box, removed the minimal accessories and stand and was pleasantly surprised to find no damage to the TV. After assembling the stand and attaching it to the TV I turned it on and was really blown away by the picture quality. My desktop defaulted to 3840x2160 and I found it hard to see icons let alone recognize what they were so, for the time being I set the resolution to 1920x1080. I expected some degradation at this resolution but was wrong ... the display far exceeded my expectations at both resolutions ... at pretty much the out-of-the-box default settings. I'm going to re-read this entire thread for recommendation as as to how to improve the picture even further.

I do have a few questions and concerns ... hoping that someone can illuminate me on them:

1) The only way I have found to turn the TV on/off is by the included remote. The remote is cheaply made and may not last long. Is there a way to do this on the TV?

2) I am concerned about any damage done to the display while the gorillas were shipping the TV to me. How long do I have to return this should damage show up later?

Overall, the overall experience with this TV are much superior to my old Asus 27" and not just in size. The picture looks crisper and colors more radiant. I have a GTX 950 running this display and play few FPSs. One that I do play from time-to-time is SS3. I set the resolution to 3840x2160 and had no problem playing. The experience was wonderful.

Thank you all for your advice on this purchase. Now all I have to do is mount it on the wall ...

1) The only way I have found to turn the TV on/off is by the included remote. The remote is cheaply made and may not last long. Is there a way to do this on the TV?

2) I am concerned about any damage done to the display while the gorillas were shipping the TV to me. How long do I have to return this should damage show up later?

1) My cat has knocked mine on the floor numerous times, it still works fine. You can use any other Samsung or Universal remote too.

2) Most shipping damage on a display will show up right away.

The power button is near the lower right hand corner of the display when you're facing it, underneath the port cluster.

6290 back on sale at Bestbuy for $299.99

Has been since sunday.. but its been out of stock for me as no stores 250 miles from me have it and its in store only...

Glad i got one.. just scared to open the box ans have a problem with it.. haha will finally get to open it today.

Back