40" Samsung UN40KU6290 4K $290 at Best Buy (or $265 with $25/$200 Amex offer)

I wish they gave me the old remote, dislike the smart remote. Changing channel is a pain.
Fair point! Though I suppose something like a Logitech Harmony would be worth the investment.

EDIT: Just checked it's prices. I was wrong.

It looks the same but the difference is that the 6300 is consider a smart remote because it has voice control.

Just double checked, I got the 40" 6290 from Costco and the 55" 6300 from HH Gregg, the remotes are the same model. Neither have that MIC button.

Reactions: Panel
like this
Just double checked, I got the 40" 6290 from Costco and the 55" 6300 from HH Gregg, the remotes are the same model. Neither have that MIC button.
So apparently there are 3 different remotes. Nice to know. Though at this point, I doubt I'll be buying either of these models.

So apparently there are 3 different remotes. Nice to know. Though at this point, I doubt I'll be buying either of these models.

Probably a little late at this point anyway, I am sure they are all down to the last stock just waiting to release the 2017's.

The 40" 6300 I bought from Best Buy doesn't have the mic button on the remote. Makes no difference to me, but figured i'd weigh in on what Best Buy is selling.

I would rather use a bluetooth keyboard than a mic, I don't use the smart apps on the one I use for TV watching (60") because the wifi seems rather weak and it's dropped the wifi config information a couple of times now.

It's my understanding that I won't be able to use 4k streaming via Netflix on my PC and I have to use a device with the Netflix App? So that means I have to use the TV's app, via the TV's Ethernet connection, right?

That being said, how do people handle the audio? To watch Netflix in 4k, I'll switch from my PC on HDMI 1 port to the Netflix App. How do I get that audio to my computer speakers? Optical out from the TV to Aux Input of my PC?

Thanks

I'm liking it so far; using it as my only computer monitor. Takes some getting used to and I have it scaling at 125% in Windows 10. Love being able to have some many applications open at one time with the real estate.

Downside is that I really need a new video card. Tried to play a few newer games and it did not work well at all. lol.

I'm liking it so far; using it as my only computer monitor. Takes some getting used to and I have it scaling at 125% in Windows 10. Love being able to have some many applications open at one time with the real estate.

Downside is that I really need a new video card. Tried to play a few newer games and it did not work well at all. lol.

Have you tried running games at 1080p or 1440p on the TV? Just wondering what your experience is with it in those modes.

Have you tried running games at 1080p or 1440p on the TV? Just wondering what your experience is with it in those modes.

The only negative to using the display for gaming is the grey to black delay, some images can leave a ghost like appearance or streak. It doesn't bother me considering the price but I can see it would be a turn off for many.

this deal is dead right?

You can still get it at Costco in some cases for a similar price. Depends on local stock, though, and they don't seem to be getting any more.

Also worth checking the open box section of your local Best Buy on occasion for returns; still full warranty. I picked up mine open-box for $310 a few weeks ago.

Last edited:
Just to check on some past information... If my friend buys a Radeon 480 and already has this TV, he needs to use a DP -> HDMI adapter cable to do 4K 4:4:4 @60Hz?

Where in the AMD drivers do you set it? Friend of mine has the card and the TV, says he can't find the setting.

you shouldn't need a setting adjustment but make sure you're using an HDMI cable that is rated for 4k bandwidth.

in the TV menu options make sure your "source" is set to PC which is 4:4:4

Does the 6290 or 6300 have a regular remote that can be bought instead of bieng stuck with the smart remote?

Can this be moved to discussion, since the deal is crazy long-since-dead? (It's making me super sad I didn't jump on it, too)

In that case, there may be 3 different remotes. I say this because the one the 6290 usually comes with is a giant black old-fashioned remote and looks nothing like the one from the KU6300.

Where have you ever seen a 6290 come with an old fashion remote? I've seen four of these TVs purchased from three different places and they all came with the small remote (that is the same size as the 6300 remote). The only time I've seen mention of them coming with an old school remote was people online who didn't have the TV talking about it.

Well, no. But I was thinking more like this.

I wish they gave me the old remote, dislike the smart remote. Changing channel is a pain.

Does the 6290 or 6300 have a regular remote that can be bought instead of bieng stuck with the smart remote?

Sorry to quote everyone but figure I help clear up the confusion. Seems though the Costco's version of the Cosco 6290 is a special model without the smart remote nor the "newer style" remote.

Costco is known to have special tweaked products for their own store. Like Kitchenaid mixer coming with a DC motor instead of an AC motor and not being able to use most attachments (even though they are almost nearly identical).

Sorry to quote everyone but figure I help clear up the confusion. Seems though the Costco's version of the Cosco 6290 is a special model without the smart remote nor the "newer style" remote.

Costco is known to have special tweaked products for their own store. Like Kitchenaid mixer coming with a DC motor instead of an AC motor and not being able to use most attachments (even though they are almost nearly identical).

The 6290 I purchased from Costco came with the smart remote and it is not any different than the other 6290's sold from other retailers. The remote that came with the 6290 from Costco is the exact same remote that came with my 6300 that I purchased from HH Gregg.

The 6290 I purchased from Costco came with the smart remote and it is not any different than the other 6290's sold from other retailers. The remote that came with the 6290 from Costco is the exact same remote that came with my 6300 that I purchased from HH Gregg.

Ah dang it... I thought I finally had it all solved.

I give up! Thanks though DooLocsta for the info.

I am in the market for the 40" 6290/6300 and I like the newer style remote.

Smoking deal, this has turned out to be one of my best PC purchases.

Yeah, having a monitor like this really changes everything. I wasn't planning on it, but I think I am going to go with ryzen and a 1080ti to upgrade. yikes.

Back