40" NEC P401 WS LCD 1920X1080 for $267 (Dead Deal)

in for 1 but im sure it will be cancelled on monday. does this have speakers built in or do we need to get external ones?

Well got one from ecom and I shall see if it is worth it.

EDIT: Damn amazon has them again for $320...

I found the NEC made "feet" that fit this LCD since this set doesn't come with a stand or anything to stand it up (as shown in THIS PIC)

These for sure fit if you check the NEC product page as the model #'s match. (model # ST-4020 )

Also, alternatively, you could use the LCDs VESA mount holes and just mount it on the wall/desk.... using a 40" wall mount of course.

does this have speakers built in or do we need to get external ones?

There are (sold seperate) 2x stereo speakers that NEC makes (model # SP-P4046 from NEC).

Like I said, everything can be confirmed by the NEC link in the first post of this deal. just go to the P401 product page on the nec website, and all the accessory items are on there if you want to double-check

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Damnit I bit.

Expecting cancellation though. Won't really be a huge deal if they cancel since I have no place to put it near a tuner.

However, it is an excuse to build ANOTHER HTPC!!!!! I'm going nuts this month. 4 new builds in the last week. New Desktop, new WHS Server, new HTPC and not another HTPC if I get this screen.

Am I seeing it wrong, or does that thing have 12 coax jacks? What the balls?

Those are BNC jacks. I know those are used for security cameras, so it appears the top row (6?) is input, the other 6 of the 12 are output, according to the NEC website. For sure they are BNC connections though, not coax.

Wtf... I bit for three... I don't even know why... WHY!!! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME? Putting the 6950 to good use? I don't even have a desk large enough to support them all...

Wtf... I bit for three... I don't even know why... WHY!!! CAN SOMEONE TELL ME? Putting the 6950 to good use? I don't even have a desk large enough to support them all...

You rockkkk, I was hoping someone was going to say this. PLEASEEEE post pictures.

I will give you +10,000 virtual points. :D

Use Imageshack or imghost, or dropbox to upload pics for free. dropbox is easy if you use your phone for pics like most people these days

Well thanks to the OP and people who posted the yt video... this def looks like a winner so long as it actually ships out :D

yeah, pics are a must. i grabbed a second one after the site came back up. Wtf is with the 50$ feet for this thing, i can't find any alternatives so i guess i'll have to do that, my apt won't let me drill holes or anthing to the walls.

The BNC are probably used for component input, most commercial/industrial grade displays have those.

You rockkkk, I was hoping someone was going to say this. PLEASEEEE post pictures.

I will give you +10,000 virtual points. :D

Use Imageshack or imghost, or dropbox to upload pics for free. dropbox is easy if you use your phone for pics like most people these days

Well thanks to the OP and people who posted the yt video... this def looks like a winner so long as it actually ships out :D

Such a good deal, and I just dropped $400 on that Toshiba TV deal not long ago too!

I hope it ships!!!

Well the ECOM page is gone for this LCD so it appears someone at their store has found out now, for sure.

Expect emails soon if its cancelled. Otherwise it says they open up on Monday... dum dummm DUMMMMMM

If it was a price mistake on their site, I don't see why someone would post a huge stock of 30 on ebay at the same price almost... 2+ places with the same cheap bad price? Me thinks not.

Well the ECOM page is gone for this LCD so it appears someone at their store has found out now, for sure.

Expect emails soon if its cancelled. Otherwise it says they open up on Monday... dum dummm DUMMMMMM

If it was a price mistake on their site, I don't see why someone would post a huge stock of 30 on ebay at the same price almost... 2+ places with the same cheap bad price? Me thinks not.

dont forget that its only $40 more on amazon which is still pretty damn cheap. 3 places with cheap prices, I hope that means it wasnt too good to be true... crosses fingers

Amazon has it back at $1300, but I hope that the page no longer works because they're out of stock lol.

well if anyone gets one, fist person to receive it has to post pics - or it didn't happen

No doubt, I will report back within 2 hours of my next email... :D

Also, please, if anyone got this and ordered earlier from amazon's other store at the low price.....pleaseeeeeee, please give a heads up here if you get it shipped out.

PS: Batteries ARE included along with the remote control! Woooo :p

i called them and they told me it was a price mistake and would be cancelling orders on Monday.

-jk !

Aw man, I almost crapped my pants.

You dirty bastage!

I need to leave, but I am too anxious to leave though.. must... confirm.... deal.
N---ne--need....c----c----cl---closure.

Haha well if I do get them, I'll def post pics/video... thin bezel just makes me drool... argg, also going to have to figure out a way to mount them. I live in an apartment and I don't know if they're too friendly to wall mounts... time to buy a house to go with my monitors? 0.o The feet seem overpriced... I dunno lol

No doubt, I will report back within 2 hours of my next email... :D

Also, please, if anyone got this and ordered earlier from amazon's other store at the low price.....pleaseeeeeee, please give a heads up here if you get it shipped out.

PS: Batteries ARE included along with the remote control! Woooo :p

I ordered from NYC and got charged tax :(. I should be one of the first to receive one if they actually ship out. I'll keep you guys updated.

Holy fawk balls.. Seems to be sold out at the low prices everywhere. I would have bit if I had seen it in time. That includes the ebay or Amazon prices.

Okay... now the question is, does anyone have any idea what kind of stands/mounts would fit best with these? Especially if you want to do eyefinity and wall mounts are ahem... looked down upon at my apartment? Haha, any suggestions would be great, I suppose I could just get the feet, but it seems like such an inelegant solution.

Unfortunately I missed this deal - if anyone who snagged one is willing to sell it (assuming you actually get one), PM me

Last edited:
I know everyone is going to think I'm strange for wanting to table mount, but does anyone have any suggested VESA 400 mounts that can support this monitor?

Cancellation or not, this is pretty hilarious. I can't wait to max out MineCraft. ;)

I don't even know what to do with mine if it comes. I wanted to use it for my media player and basic cable for my room, but that means getting a tv tuner and speakers and a stand or mount.

Oh, oh dear.

Congrats to those who got one. If any one of you who got this is in NYC and has a change of mind, shoot me a PM! LOL

None yet. We ordered two here at work. We will see how it goes. I will update if we get any cancellations.

Here is to hoping that it doesn't! I've been wanting to upgrade this 20" screen for a while now.

Last edited:
well i had a feeling it was too good to be true....just logged into their site to check my order status and it has been updated to "Pending Cancellation (Order is in the process of being cancelled.)"

that blows....:(

Back