40" HDTV Shipping via UPS. Question...

I can get a good deal on eBay for a 40" LCD that I have been looking to buy for a while now and the buyer is trustworthy but I am afraid of UPS damaging the TV. I know that if a bid TV is shipped laying flat on the ground it is prone to shattering. Does anyone have any more insight on this? Also the seller said that he has full insurance coverage on the television so if it is damaged I can just get refunded by UPS supposedly.

I would be wary of good deals on ebay about displays just due to the fact of extended warranties and dead pixels, etc... How easy can you get an RMA or the problem fixed?

As far as the UPS insurance goes, I ship things out every day for my business. Each shipment is covered up to $100 by UPS unless additional insurance is purchased. I have purchased insurance for an item that was $2000. I had to get the package inspected by the employee at the UPS store and have them sign a statement that my package was well-packed. In all the shipments we do, roughly $800-$1000 per week, I have only had to submit a damage claim once. I had to provide the invoice to proof the cost of the item and UPS sent the refund.

All that to say, that if the seller purchases additional UPS insurance, you can be assured that any damage caused during shipping will be covered by UPS.

I hate UPS to the point of simply moving along if I see that as the only shipping option, no matter how good the deal. They left my 42" tv sitting in plain view of the street outside my back door . . . in the rain. Fucking retards; christ only knows how it sat there for a couple hours without getting stolen or water damaged. But even though it turned out ok, fuck UPS with a giant, flaming pinecone.

I read the seller's return policy and I would have to pay for the return shipping if there was a problem with it. I would rather save the potential hassle and pay the extra $100 on Amazon which has better shipping.

Back