[H]ard|Gawd
I purchased a nice loop from wolfofsin on 12/5/2013. Consisting of the below:

XPSC Raystorm
Swiftech MCP-655B w/EK Top
HW Labs Black Ice Stealth X-Flow 240 Rad
NZXT FN-120 Fans
(6) 1/2x3/4 Compression Fittings
PM me regarding EK Multi-Option Res

At the time, was running x-fire 7870 cards, and then purchased 2 standalone EK GPU blocks with the intent of cooling the mosfet and vram separately. 2014 bought a new house so project was relegated to a laundry hamper that i would pull out every few months to play with, but ultimately not install and upgraded to dual 280X cards. I test fitted and assembled the whole system, adding an XSPC bay res for the pump. 2015 brought new dual 390X cards, and the thought of grabbing two EK blocks and backplates was not making my wallet happy so it sat another year. This year got sick of dual card acobatics and moved to a single Asus 1070 Strix card, and grabbed the EK block for it. So finally after 4 years of this poor system sitting in a laundry basket, it is up and running. I already want to take it apart and move to hard piping....
QugPzo6l.jpg

ncfk1ZWl.jpg

OJF8sZDl.jpg

CgYPwNDl.jpg

Last edited:
Glad you finally got it up and running. Loop served me well. I hope it does the same for you.

Pics fixed. (hopefully)

Hardware specs:
AMDFX 8320
Asus M5A99FX Pro R2.0
Asus ROG Strix GTX 1070
Asus Sonar DGX
16GB HYPERX DDR3
512 Crucial SSD
2x2 TB Seagate Hybrid SSHD drives
1000W Corasir RM1000

H2O Specs:
XSPC Raystorm
EK 1070 Asus Strix Full Cover GPU block and backplate
Swiftech MCP-655B Pump
XSPC Dual bay reservoir
HW Labs Black Ice Stealth X-Flow 240 Rad
EK koolant-clear
Blue tubing

Already want to take it apart and run hard tubing, but will keep it for a while.

I had a hardware review site back in the early 2000's, and ran thru the gamut from extreme air cooling, to multi loop h2o, pelt and phase change. Then just stopped because i had all this cool shit and never got to enjoy it since i was either building/benching/tearing down/or writing. So this was nice to be able to take my time, and enjoy it.

Oh man, the memories. Must resist. I got an x5650 @ 4.4Ghz on air. Can't justify water other than the fact it's [H]ard

Oh man, the memories. Must resist. I got an x5650 @ 4.4Ghz on air. Can't justify water other than the fact it's [H]ard
hahahaha...if you want i know someone who has a fresh install of NOS parts...lol i'll give you a great deal...

Back