4 x 7800GTX (Quad SLI) I Still Love ATI... lol

Sloth_Boy

Limp Gawd
Yes thats right...

8monitor.jpg

I cant wait to see those massive 3dmark scores and 2000x1500 screens of our favourite games. Well, i guess some people have to spend there money on something...

Imagine if each of the four cards was an asus 7800gt dual-core card. Aslong as they updated the driver to support it, it would be crazy...

more info...

http://www.hkepc.com/hwdb/nf4slix16-3.htm

-------------------- Replies --------------------

Someone said something about no bridges between the cards. I may be wrong but i have been hearing things about new boards coming out that dont require the sli bridge. I may be wrong, but if i am, they would definitly bring out a special bridges for it.

-----------------------------------------------------

hand me a tissue, i think i just creamed myself

too bad i'd never be able to afford even one 7800gtx:(~

I think using 2 cards is bit weird but 4 goes agains my common sense totally.

But if you own a penthouse and have alrdy everything else, why not 4 cards in SLI :) Hehe guess they are marketing it like 5800, in the good old days when noise wasn´t a issue since all players use headphones :D

I think if you do own a penthouse, you would have better hobbies than owning 4 of these cards....
Just think the amount of heat that would be coming out of those overclocked.....

can I get this by Christmas? Assuming it has a massive increase over 2. I will quadrouple my e-penis in one blow.

Wouldn't you need some crazy fast AMD 7000+ or something to even get anything out of having 4 cards?

well if you look carefully, these are not in sli (no bridges). So I assume they would be for 4 monitors...graphics intesive purposes? as it would be useless for games since only one will be utilized.

bimmer01 said:
jesus, what on earth can you do with 4 Quad SLI?

Play games in 1600x1200 or more with 16xAA SS :D

Btw this pick came out a month or more ago. I don't think anyone has a working 4x sli.

magnuspah said:
well if you look carefully, these are not in sli (no bridges). So I assume they would be for 4 monitors...graphics intesive purposes? as it would be useless for games since only one will be utilized.

You assume 4 monitors but only 1 monitor is connected, so go figure.

Oh my :eek:

I would SO love to play WoW on that.... I can imagine full-on AA and AF wouldn't even heat up the GPUs on that.

WTF socket is that on the board??

Its supposidly off the NF4 chipset yet it is a socket 754??? Notice the open space in the middle of the socket??

940pin M2?

when you run two card without the bridge, both are used, but the bridge helps... im sure all 4 cards are used, but the missing bridge should serve only as a huge perfomance hit for the money you'd be spending

ummm CPU limited maybe?

Not if you get either an FX-57 and OC it to 4GHz+ or get one of them new fancy FX-holy-crap-this-is-going-to-cost-a-lot-so-basically-look-elsewhere-for-a-cpu-but-this-one-dominates-everything-it-plays
CPU. As for this board, all it is is a 2x32 split 4 ways....x8 in each PCIe. Its just expanding the idea. Imagine the heat output of those cards. And im also curious...we havent seen 2x increase in performance in SLI yet, why are they doing this when they still gotta work on regular SLI? :rolleyes:

BTW, I can barely get SLI, let alone quad SLI.

uh, wait... if SLI = 2 cards, wouldn't Quad SLI = 8 cards?

I gues Dual SLI is confusing... but so is Quad SLI... so... maybe throw out a brilliant marketing term like "Über SLI". Oh, wait, no... Quad SLI already is a brilliant marketing term, they don't know math anyway... :rolleyes:

canislupy said:
uh, wait... if SLI = 2 cards, wouldn't Quad SLI = 8 cards?

I gues Dual SLI is confusing... but so is Quad SLI... so... maybe throw out a brilliant marketing term like "Über SLI". Oh, wait, no... Quad SLI already is a brilliant marketing term, they don't know math anyway... :rolleyes:

Scalable Link Interface. It says nothing about it being for 2 cards only infact it implies that it can be more then 2. The reason why SLI seems to be 2 is because that is the minimum amount of GPUs you can use and have it SLI enabled. So Quad SLI would therefore imply SLI using 4 cards.

Those boards are not running in sli mode, that gigabyte quad royale mobo is only good for if you need upto 10 monitors to run. So you hook up 4 pci-e gpu's with dual outputs plus i believe it has an onboard video card so thats another 2 outputs.
Again, its not 4 way sli.

I would think its understood that pic is not really a quad-sli ... more than drivers, what about the new invisible 4-way bridge the got connected....

LeviathanV said:
...more than drivers, what about the new invisible 4-way bridge the got connected....

While bandwidth suffers a bit on high-end cards, you don't absolutely need a bridge to run SLI. Potentially (given the drivers being written for it), you could minimize the performance hit by using a bridge between the top and bottom sets of cards.

-SEAL

Topweasel said:
Scalable Link Interface. It says nothing about it being for 2 cards only infact it implies that it can be more then 2. The reason why SLI seems to be 2 is because that is the minimum amount of GPUs you can use and have it SLI enabled. So Quad SLI would therefore imply SLI using 4 cards.

But if Scalable Link Interface is 2 or more, then why say "quad" at all? It's already covered by "SLI". So if SLI is at least 2, then quad SLI is at least 2 x 4, or... 8. You cannot mess with my illogic! To do so would be inconceivable! :p :D ... I kid, I kid... ;)

wasn't nVidia working on drivers that could enable SLi without the PCB? If they can ever get multi-SLi working then it's over for the competition!

Unless ATi can work it's magic and duplicate the multi R9700 that they built for that gov't application....

the possibilities are endless

If nividia released some drivers i would go and buy everything possible to get 4 7800gtx cards. :D

keakdasneak said:
If nividia released some drivers i would go and buy everything possible to get 4 7800gtx cards. :D

if you dindt have ac, then youd have to buy that too...to keep these cards cool. with your room temp being so low youd then have to buy a nice new jacket to keep you warm...and then once you have hypothermia you would have to make sure that you bought ur life insurance too :p all for 4 7800gtxs...do i think its worth it? HELL YEH :D

That picture is the nerd equivalent of a picture of a Ferrari speedometer at 35 mph.

This falls completely out of the realm of sanity and slips into the 'cause they can' zone.

Obi_Kwiet said:
But why on earth would they do this for Intel CPUs?

This would allow a monitor with a supreme native-res (Apple 30") to be run at native and with AA and AF samples. This would also take the processor out of the picture completely at that point, thus making [Intel = AMD] at that resolution.

As long as you squeeze every single bit of detail out of a game the CPU wouldn't be too limiting. That is FEAR at 1600x1200 with soft shadows and 16xaa and 16xaf and max detail on everything. Or Far Cry at 2048x1536 with the new patch and HDR and 16xaa and 16xaf.

Back