4 x 2gb Mushkin DDR2 1066 Question

prasvt

Gawd
I'm using 2 sticks of these right now w/ my Q6700 / ip35 Pro system. I'd like to add another 2 sticks for a total of 8gb. Will I really have big OC problems if I use all 4 RAM slots? Right now I'm running @ 3.6ghz (360 x 10 though other combos work).

Does anyone know?

Thanks!

I'm sorry I can't add to this...but I'd love to hear some feedback. I'm very close to your specs (except for my CPU, but clocks are the same), and I was wanting to do the same thing. I just got the same Mushkin and was wanting to go to 8 gigs.
My rig is super stable, and I don't want to bork anything.

In general, running with all 4 slots filled will necessitate compromises with FSB and/or cas timings. That of course is conditional depending on the degree of OC. 360/720 in a 1:1 ratio should be beyond cake though even with all 4 slots filled

I just upgraded from 4gb to 8gb in the system Below (Sig) and using all for slots puts more of a strain on the board. I also had to Update my Bios and My LAN Driver as the extra memory put enough of a strain in the Board to Cause the LAN to not work properly without the right bios/driver

Back