4-pin ATX to 4-pin Molex cables?

TheGardenTool

2[H]4U
So I'm thinking about pulling out my Corsair HX620 to use whenever I downgrade my system. I just test fitted into a Define R4 and it looks great mounted with the fan intaking from the bottom because the stickers are already placed the right way and the colors will match the build. My AX850 is great, but it's also more than I need especially if I replace the GTX 580 Classified Ultra with a 7950, 7970 or something similiar. I'm just waiting to hear back from Corsair if they do still have available the 8-pin PCI-E cables that work with the HX620.

My biggest problem with the HX620 after using fully modular power supplies is that it includes both an 8-pin EPS and a 4-pin ATX cable. So my options would be:
1) Hide the 4-pin ATX behind the motherboard tray
2) Open it up to cut the cables to not show
3) Try to turn it into something more useful such as a 4-pin Molex

I know there are 4-pin Molex to 4-pin ATX cables, but does anybody know of a place that sales this opposite cable? Or is this something I would need to make on my own or have custom made?

It probably isn't a deal breaker as I do still have one of the modular cables with 3 molex connections on it. This would be enough to run a combo SATA/Power cable for the optical drive, the built-in fan controller, and still have one left over.

Nope, wouldn't work. 4-pin molex has both 12v and 5v on it, while the ATX cable only provides 12v. That's why molex -> atx works, but atx -> molex doesn't work unless you're using it only to power fans.

Nope, wouldn't work. 4-pin molex has both 12v and 5v on it, while the ATX cable only provides 12v. That's why molex -> atx works, but atx -> molex doesn't work unless you're using it only to power fans.

Alright that's what I needed to know. I guess now it's just time to decide if I should just try to hide it or cut it.

He could integrate a 78L05 into his adapter and just watch his 5V current draw.

I'd just tuck it behind, you might want it someday

Back