4 Dead - 11 Wounded at Jacksonville FL Video Game Tournament

Status
Not open for further replies.

FrgMstr

Just Plain Mean
Staff member
Lots of reports coming in on this crime that happened at a Madden video game tournament in Florida, called "#JacksonvilleLanding."

JACKSONVILLE, Fla. - Sources say at least eleven people have been shot and four are dead after a shooting at the Jacksonville Landing Sunday afternoon.

Jacksonville Police said one suspect is dead and they are finding people hiding in locked places, people are urged to stay calm and where they are. Swat is doing methodical search of Landing.

"We will get to you. Please don't come running out," said JSO via twitter.

Police urge everyone to stay away from the area because it is not safe.

Early reports say they were shot inside a game room at the Chicago Pizza and others may have been wounded in the gunfire.

Witnesses said they saw several people being taken out on stretchers.

We are being told that the wounded victims have been taken to Memorial Hospital and UF Health Hospital.

Several ambulances, firefighters and police officers are on the scene and roads are being blocked off downtown near the Jacksonville Landing.

Bay Street from Pearl to Main Street are closed as police investigate.

Keep Calm 2.png

Politics will get you banned in this discussion. You were warned.

Wishing them peace and this world! we all can use some more!

Local reports are saying up to 15 injured so far.

Police are saying that one shooter is dead, but they do not know if there is a second.

The fuck is wrong with some people.

Local reports are saying up to 15 injured so far.

Police are saying that one shooter is dead, but they do not know if there is a second.

The fuck is wrong with some people.

Yea man. Truly makes me sad. I am just glad I will be dead this century so I don't have to see this world fall apart. I hope we as a society get better. I am not sure why this happens now so often. I just think people aren't just happy in general these days.

wonder if this is somebody that lost and went crazy or just some crazy person.

No politics, it's too early for that. I'm really sad, like for some reason events for nerd things like conventions, esport competitions, are more pure in my mind, so to see this happen, seemingly i cant recall another time such a thing occurred, it's really shocking. I hope the injured make it through.

Someone pointed out that you can see a red dot on the kid on the right just before the video cuts out. I hope the shooter was caught alive.

Reports from the scene are saying that it was guy that lost, got chastised for it, went out to make a phone call and returned with a gun.

Kyle said no politics. I have a lot to say. But only thing I would say is America needs a total solution combining of many different things.
Then there is a place for that anyone wanting to argue stuff like that can take it to the soapbox.

I'll meet ya there. I wonder about the motivations of the shooters.

And this is why everyone cant be a winner. Yet we teach them they are.

You don't know that at all. He may have had a shit life and was always picked on and said fuck it, he's had enough.

Any conclusion is easy to jump to when you're only looking to make snap judgments.

Fucking hell, you can actually see (what appears to be at least) a laser sight hitting the guy on the rights chest just before the shooting happens.

Higher res version

As a non-American, i have a question. When is not too soon to start talking about gun control ?

If you have criminal thoughts and want to rob a bank... yeah, access to guns will make the heist easier. But this?! Killing people in an action that will get you killed guaranteed?

No, guns have nothing to do with the fact. I'd say that US citizens should be tested en-mass for mental diseases. There is no other explanation than being mentally sick for actions such as this. No other rational explanation. Same for school shootings and similar actions.

no metal detectors at these eSports tournaments?...they must think all gamers are gentle souls

Why are you so hostile to the fact that very many are shocked by all the horrendous mass murders in USA and wonders why you do not implement some basic controls?

Many in America are shocked by the horrendous mass murders in Europe. We wonder why your police are unable to protect your people from mass truck attacks, acid attacks, knife attacks, rapes, Ad Nauseam. Why can't you implement basic controls to avoid these attacks? I seriously want to know. :rolleyes:

In the shooter's defense, I'd probably blow my brains out playing a game of playing a game.

Many in America are shocked by the horrendous mass murders in Europe. We wonder why your police are unable to protect your people from mass truck attacks, acid attacks, knife attacks, rapes, Ad Nauseam. Why can't you implement basic controls to avoid these attacks? I seriously want to know. :rolleyes:

My exact thoughts on this topic too.

Crazy is going to find a way to commit these types of acts, whatever the tool may be.

It's almost as if bad people do bad things... When do we find out this unstable gamer kid was juiced up on some disassociative anti depressant?

My exact thoughts on this topic too.

Crazy is going to find a way to commit these types of acts, whatever the tool may be.

Crazy is becoming more and more common in the USA, judging by the amount of shootings the country suffers. The norm is not the guns being available, but people being unstable to the point of killing people and ending themselves. That is worrisome.

Fact is that we don't get horrendous mass murders by seemingly normal people. We do have (unfortunately) terrorist attacks, but school shootings? We barely have any.

the latest report is that the gunman was a disgruntled gamer who had played there and lost, a competitor said...the shooter “targeted a few people” and shot them before killing himself, gamer Steven “Steveyj” Javaruski told the Los Angeles Times in a direct message on Twitter

Fact is that we don't get horrendous mass murders by seemingly normal people. We do have (unfortunately) terrorist attacks, but school shootings? We barely have any.

You don't get horrendous mass murders by seemingly normal people? I call BS. Yes, you do not have shootings on the same level, but you are also unarmed sheep who will do what your unelected Government in Brussels tells you to do. You have no ability to defend yourselves from either tyrannical governments or drugged up criminals.

Fact is the only way to disarm America is for the POTUS to declare Martial Law, and have government foot soldiers go on door-to-door searches of every private home to confiscate the 300+ million guns that already exist. Not going to happen, because here in America we value liberty and personal property rights.

A country is only as good as the people who live in it, and both the US and Europe have to face that fact. We are not going to LEGISLATE our way out of the problems we face.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back