4 day newegg sale

Couple gems in there if you are in the market. Thanks for the heads up, buddy : )

Not to mention 32 gigs of DDR4 at $340 LOL

LOL... bought 32GB DDR4-3200 with 16-18-18 timings like the $340 package back in October for $295 pre-tax... and at the time I thought that was expensive since my original notes for my system upgrade said "32GB $255" (which would have been my expected cost after 9.25% CA tax).

Guess it's all relative...

I bought a set of 4x8GB DDR4 for $149 last April to build my new VR computer. I was going to build another computer so I grabbed two. A few months ago I was shocked at the price of DDR4 and decided to sell it. It was up to $240 and I sold it for $180. I just checked now what it is worth...$360. W.T.F. What's going on with these prices?

I bought a set of 4x8GB DDR4 for $149 last April to build my new VR computer. I was going to build another computer so I grabbed two. A few months ago I was shocked at the price of DDR4 and decided to sell it. It was up to $240 and I sold it for $180. I just checked now what it is worth...$360. W.T.F. What's going on with these prices?

Source

So what's the deal? We reached out to a few memory makers to find out. According to our sources, the DDR4 price increase is due to a number of factors, but primarily smartphones are to blame. Essentially, mobile phone production using DDR4 chips is on the rise.

When you apply basic economics about supply and demand. Low supply with a high demand will shift the equilibrium price up.

Last edited:
I wouldn't consider anything that is sold out to be "gems" lol.

I wouldn't consider anything that is sold out to be "gems" lol.

OMG. Can't someone just thank another user to be freaking polite without others coming in to troll both the polite person and the OP? What is this? YOUTUBE comments section or something....

yeah i got 32GB DDR4 for $120 ~21? months ago. I was debating if i needed 32GB or go for the 16GB at like $80?

i saw the price on that double a few months back, now HH says its $310 and unavailable. wow.

OMG. Can't someone just thank another user to be freaking polite without others coming in to troll both the polite person and the OP? What is this? YOUTUBE comments section or something....

Ok.

MSI 1070 Ti for $460. I know for a fact that card was $450 just yesterday! I've been perusing the 1070 Ti's lately thinking about snagging one and that is the one that is always the cheapest. $449.99 shipped just yesterday but now it's "on sale" for $10 more?! God Newegg sucks!

That sale was meh, but I DID order the LG 31.5" QHD monitor ( 32GK850G ) that included a free Logitech G910 Orion Spark keyboard. I already have the G810 but you can't turn down free. My Dell 2709 is starting to display lines on the right side of the screen when it is powered up. Time for something new anyway and I can repair the Dell without down-time.

Back