4 Bay RAID Enclosure - suggestions?

Rokodo

Limp Gawd
I want to make a RAID box with 4*2TB drives.
The enclosure must natively support RAID 5 via hardware.

I would like some suggestions as to:
a) The cheapest RAID enclosure that might serve my purpose
b) The best value RAID enclosure that might serve my purpose
c) Some "safe bet" brands that are reliable in this area, regardless of cost

here's a tip: some people might interpret your opening post as "do all the legwork for me" and skip it, because a thread like this gets created almost every day asking the same question.

if you do a little bit of research first - both here in the forum and with google, then come back and post about those findings and ask for help narrowing down some choices, you might find you get more responses.

I messed around a few years ago with CHEAP NAS enclosures with disappointing results. After much research, I finally bit the bullet and bought a THECUS N5200 and have been extremely pleased with the decision. My only regret was that I did spring the whatever extra at the time to get the PRO version.

I currently have 5 1 TB WD Green drives in it in RAID 6.

Building your own would be cheaper and provide more functionality. Others can guide you if you want to take that path.

Don

Thanks for the post on THECUS. That looks like that is the perfect solution for me. The one thing that Synology/QNap/Drobo was all missing was encryption. THECUS does 256-bit it looks like. Fantastic.

As DonDon said It is cheaper and more versatile to just build one from the ground up.

Back