$4,000 Futuristic PC Workstation

For that price you think they'd include a chemical toilet box and mini fridge.....

Might be nice for some things.... but not $4k nice.

Just give me a desk that is the correct height and a chair that I can adjust and the main things they mentioned are taken care of.

Also looks to me like any of the leaning back positions would not work with a mouse at all.

And I refuse to use a trackpad or the laptop keyboard.

Can't wait for them to sent the plans to China to get made. In a couple of years I'll be able to buy a knockoff on Amazon for $100.

Good luck getting employers to buy that for the workers, when mine refuse to pay for $100 office chairs.

In the movie Grandma's Boy, the douchenozzle wunderkid programmer was working in one of these, and that movie is almost 10 years old?

That is the beginning of Wall E.

iu

I could see falling asleep in that thing pretty easily.

Might be ergonomic, but I can't see it helping productivity which for a "workstation" kinda defeats the purpose.

Why must these guys insist on using colors like fluorescent green in their designs?

Why hasn't someone built one of these...because it's really hard...

Not especially, it's just REALLY expensive! Yes, it looks like medical equipment, I can't imagine they will sell very many.

"Cause its really, really, hard". That shit sounded so fucking cheesy and lame, it basically made their promotion video a joke. I can't believe they didn't edit that shit out.

I wasn't aware you could even get a decent desk in that price range, which will typically run in the $10,000 range alone.

Hahaha... yea that last line.

And it's not really really hard. People just didn't want to spend any effort towards it. I personally like it, mainly because of the mouse. Since I don't do this type of thing, I wouldn't really have the resources and such to even play around to do it, but a mouse that is stable on an incline would be cool. I just hope it isn't what I've always entertained, a magnet that keeps it still. Because that would inhibit mouse movement speed. But if they can do it so that it feels natural, that'd be sweet.

Looks like it only works with laptops...no thanks.

Yeah, well, that's the demographic that's going to pay $4k for this thing, the MacBook crowd.

That said, there is a platform behind the chair that looks suitable for mounting a "desktop", provided you had wireless peripherals and/or a bit of clever wire routing.

Biggest problem (besides the price)? No cupholder. Fail.

Looks pretty cool but I have no idea how they've spent a million dollars developing it.

It might be 'really really hard' but I don't think so.

Its a dental chair all right. Trust me. I'm in the dental biz. Know one when I see one. Be cool to have though at the office. Play COD all day long instead of doing fillings :cool:

Its funny they use "ergonomic" and "workstation" in the same sentence. Its an oxymoron. Being still, no matter the pose, is bad for our physique and potentially shortens your life. If you're active, chances are you'll live longer then if you otherwise would if you were sedentary a lot. So unless they put a treadmill on that sucker.. its still a colossal waste of money and just more marketing BS to try and part the foolish from their money.

Hmmm don't see the point in the tilting back position as you'll only use that for 5 minutes before your arms go numb.

Hipster designers.

I'd love something like that. Maybe not perfect but better than just a desk, working standing up is nice when doing long hours. I see this more for the work at home and CEO types.

This chair already exists. JP used it in Grandma's Boy. Maybe they should try to invent robot ears instead.

hqdefault.jpg

well at $4000, they only have to sell 250 of them to get their million back.

My drawing board in inclined about 10 degrees helps alot with mouse moment I use a 150.00 Drafting table. I took a file to mark off how much I should raise it adjust from the bottom.

I'd probably fall asleep in that thing.

My very first thought.

YEAH, it would be cool to recline like that actually be in the astronaut position.
Next destination; Napville station.

I actually game from a recliner and sit about 4 feet from a 32" LCD TV.
I've often thought if I could build some kind of armature to hold the TV closer and move it when I need to get up; I would start working there too. Soooo Comfy. But the reality is when that mid afternoon slump hits it would be snoozeville.

Back