3x a charm? going from AB350 to AX370

Below Ambient

[H]ard|Gawd
So I didn't have much luck with my previous 2 boards... the Asrock fatality AB350 had cold boot issues and my 1600x would only go to 3.85... i then grabbed another 1600x and it wouldn't overclock at all, but i could get my memory up to its trident z CL14 3200 spec... I then tested a Gigabyte GAB350M Gaming... super stable board, BIOS worked no matter what, but my memory refused to go beyond anything but 2133 even after a BIOS flash, but I got the other 1600x up to 4.1 so I sent them both back

So I have a Gigabyte ax370 gaming K3 on the way... I'm hoping this isn't going to be one of those situations where I'm constantly sending stuff back...

Those B350 not really suited for heavy duty over clocking at this point in time with more then 4C8T. If the board is the same as the gaming 5 without the Intel NIC you might do okay. I tried looking at the website but I could not find how many phases it is.

I believe it has 7 phases... and as far as I know the same nic as the gaming 5...I can honestly say the AB350 network improvement was alot faster compared to my current 3.9ghz quad Phenom II on a Gigabyte 890fx board.. much faster.. I'm looking forward to getting the board and giving it a try... hoping get the cpu up to 4.1 with some sorcery...

This board is amazing.. booted up on the default BIOS at 3200... it turbo throttles at 3.7-4.1ghz...1.2-1.45 vcore....so far ive been playing around with it... its unbelievably solid. not a single issue thus far... everything works, and ive been trying to create the cold boot issue like i had with the asrock... it just does its Gigabyte thing... already flashed to the f3 bios, has a lot of features ill toy with in the next few days...

upload_2017-6-6_17-17-31.png
upload_2017-6-6_17-17-52.png
upload_2017-6-6_17-18-5.png

You'll probably be hit with the coldboot issue eventually (there are reports of it on several gigabyte boards, it's an AMI efi issue supposedly). Matt from Gigabyte suggests removing 24pin, cpu power connector, and cmos battery and letting it sit for a few minutes (10 iirc) if it happens.

Had a hiccup going to the newer f3b bios, had to erase CMOS trying for 3600 ram...but it's back up after having to read my board book...still don't get why asrock and gigabyte don't include a CMOS jumper...reminds me of the Iwill days when they gave you extra jumpers that were extra long so you could reset it easily...had to use a screwdriver...

Back