3TB Seagate Barracuda 7200 $89.99

A lot of the reviews say they often come DOA or die after a few weeks. Hm

Even the regular price of these drives are cheap. 2yr warranty...

I'm actually considering another WD 2tb Enterprise drive. Twice the cost, but its fast and reliable. At least my current enterprise drive is.

been looking for a deal for a while but i keep missing them. Missed the newegg deal, but was able to get on amazon about 2 mins ago.

Tried amazon first but they went OOS when I had it in my cart =/ got one from newegg though right after so all is good. Tigerdirect will be doing these for the same price tomorrow so check their site. These sales were in response to TD BF ad.

These are the same ones that come in the Expansion drive deal a week ago. I got them tested, ripped them out of the case and can report a good chdisk, Seagate checks, etc.

We will see how they perform over a few months, they better last awhile lol.

Amazon has these for 109.99 but limit 1 per a customer per 7 days :mad::mad::mad::mad:

Tiger direct is already sold out of these online.

These are going on sale at 4:39 pm PST as a lightning deal on Amazon, probably for ~$89 again.

added that, a new mobo and an i5 chip aaaaaaaaaand the seagate sold out... less than 8 mins.... damn their overloaded checkout!! cart wouldnt load...... =(

Last edited:
added that, a new mobo and an i5 chip aaaaaaaaaand the seagate sold out... less than 8 mins .... damn their overloaded checkout!! cart wouldnt load...... =(

you can't dilly dally on these firesales. that seagate was active for the past few hours, btw. got one around 9pm.

dont sweat it they'll be popping up again over the weekend at the usual places i'm sure.

yea i know im just biiiitching =) gone less than 8 mins after i noticed it.......their site is reallly overloaded at the moment going really slow... im sure im sure it or another one will pop up here and there a half dozen times before xmas this is just the start =)

Last edited:
Internal and external both just dropped to $99 at Amazon -- and unlike the 1-per-customer at TD this has no quantity limit.

http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Barracuda-3-5-Inch-Internal-ST3000DM001/dp/B005T3GRLY/

However since amazon ships the internal version with "frustration free" packaging, in my experience its inadequate for harddisks, so I always buy this particular external which always has a ST3000DM001 inside and the warranty follows the drive not the enclosure. The enclosure and packaging around the enclosure essentially acts as a glorified packing system that gets the drive transported safer. I've never had one of these externals arrive DOA.
http://www.amazon.com/Seagate-Expansion-Desktop-External-STBV3000100/dp/B00834SJU8/

Last edited:
As an Amazon Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
Wait are you absolutely sure the warranty follows the drive and not the enclosure plus drive combination? At least wig Seagate I mean.

Back