3M next-gen consoles for Christmas in UK

I highly doubt a console release would kickstart a whole countries economy

I highly doubt a console release would kickstart a whole countries economy

It would do nothing for the economy. These consoles are sold for 0 margin...

If bestbuy gets 4,000 units to have a super awesome launch at a single store, that store will lose money on the deal unless everybody buys a service plan, controller, 6 games, hdmi cable, and a soda.

It would do nothing for the economy. These consoles are sold for 0 margin...

If bestbuy gets 4,000 units to have a super awesome launch at a single store, that store will lose money on the deal unless everybody buys a service plan, controller, 6 games, hdmi cable, and a soda.

The stores do sell for some profit. It's the manufacturers that sell these things for a loss.

1.8 million PS4's and 1.3 million Xbox Ones in the UK alone?

So I guess it's safe to assume that by Jan 2014 both consoles will eclipse the Wii U in world wide sales to date in less than 2 months.

1.8 million PS4's and 1.3 million Xbox Ones in the UK alone?

So I guess it's safe to assume that by Jan 2014 both consoles will eclipse the Wii U in world wide sales to date in less than 2 months.
Wii U is irrelevant man.
That Wii U is done thread is being kept alive by people who spent money on a rehash gaming system!

Wii U is irrelevant man.
That Wii U is done thread is being kept alive by people who spent money on a rehash gaming system!

How is the Wii U a "rehash gaming system" and the PS4 and Xbox One aren't? Holy shit you're ignorant.

How is the Wii U a "rehash gaming system" and the PS4 and Xbox One aren't? Holy shit you're ignorant.
Wii titles getting HD revamp and resold on the Wii U? Dare I say a rehash of whats already out on ps3 and x360 as well?

I don't care much for the Wii, neither does the rest of the world. Are you a wii bit touchy on the Wii U subject? lol

Wii titles getting HD revamp and resold on the Wii U? Dare I say a rehash of whats already out on ps3 and x360 as well?

I don't care much for the Wii, neither does the rest of the world. Are you a wii bit touchy on the Wii U subject? lol

the wii has sold over 25 million more consoles than both ps3 and 360. idk wtf youre talking about the rest of the world.

the rest of the world loves the shit out of the wii.

and sony does HD revamps of titles as well are you new?

the wii has sold over 25 million more consoles than both ps3 and 360. idk wtf youre talking about the rest of the world.

And most of those that bought in on the fad purchased a single game, and played it for a week.

Need proof, go to a pawn shop. They are selling them for 20 bucks here, and they have hundreds. People are pawning them for 5 dollars, with wii-motes. Of course they look like they have been played for a week, and of course they only have wii sports.

I smell some definite fanboi-ish tendencies about.

Not to get off topic but what does the wii have have anything to do with the Wii U, besides rehashed games. lol

It is true that sony does rehashed games as well, nintendos mario/zelda/metriod rehash just got older quicker.

I smell some definite fanboi-ish tendencies about.
Lol, its the same ppl posting in wii u is done thread.
Guy was about to go ballistic, fitting user name too! He should unwad his panties, we're talking about consoles, ffs.

Not to get off topic but what does the wii have have anything to do with the Wii U, besides rehashed games. lol.

I think the Wii U is a joke but your original statement said Wii not Wii U in the rest of the world reference.

Also note that I backed up Dremic as much as it pains me to do so.

Why do you guys love bringing the Wii success in a Wii U debate? Anyways..The only reason why the Wii was so successful was because of the motion control functionality. The Wii U doesn't have this advantage over next gen consoles.

Why do you guys love bringing the Wii success in a Wii U debate? Anyways..The only reason why the Wii was so successful was because of the motion control functionality. The Wii U doesn't have this advantage over next gen consoles.

he said wii not wii u.

The Wii was the best selling console in HISTORY right? Partly based on the controller. So what does Nintendo do for their next gen? Completely change the controller, why? WHY? That controller is not innovation, it is ridiculous if you want to play a game on a tablet go buy a tablet. I'm totally confused with it. Nintendo is the KING of overpriced controllers, and they ALWAYS pull these kind of F'UPs! Anyone remember buying Rob the Robot like me or even better the POWA GLOVE? Yeah Nintendo HAS a HISTORY of screwing up CONTROLLERS. They pulled it again imho. They always do it, I find it HILARIOUS how NO other game journalists can put this together. Eve Nintendo themselves can't admit the crap they try to push people into, saying oh wow LOOK INNOVATION! Just lol, not buying their machine this go round.

I think what is VERY dumb as well is the fact that if you buy a Wii U, a person HAS to buy a regular traditional controller as well as some Wii motion controllers to enjoy their full LIBRARY of 20+games?!:rolleyes: I mean... shit they might have the cheapest console right now for the 8th or 9th gen consoles(whatever their up to :eek:), but by the time you invest in extra controllers (100 bux 2 gamepads 2 wiimotes), maybe upgrade to the ALMIGHTY 32GB HD (like 50-60 bux more) (really 32GB??? The PS4 will have a 500GB HD. Nintendo is cheap f'erz, they are...don't kid yourselves)....Might as well get a PS4 rather than an overpriced HD Wii with greedy over priced controller accessory NEEDED to enjoy your game console Frankenstein of a Wii.

Just my opinion, and I hate to complain about Nintendo! Who doesn't love their games right? I would seriously rather have Mario, Zelda etc. on a PS4 gen console with more memory, GPU, CPU etc. and with the Move controller or dualshock 4. The PS4 could most likely upgrade their games to 4k if they wanted. (LOL seriously think about their games, and PS4 hardware, but I know that is not PS4 aim this gen is just 4k BluRay movie compatibility)

Nintendo should have just pushed their graphics and CPU capabilities, over the controller COMPLETE unnecessary change imho this gen, that controller worked great for the original Wii and OBVIOUSLY, and just turned into a niche controller this gen, alongside the Robot and Power Glove imho. I wish they would have upgraded the motion controller and redesigned it over the handheld DS type controller, but what do I know? (Haha!) I'm only a hardcore game enthusiast who grew up on 8-bit Nintendo. Oh well they always do this crap @ Nintendo, I shouldn't be surprised...Neither should you guys. Have a Nice day! :)

The Wii was the best selling console in HISTORY right? Partly based on the controller. So what does Nintendo do for their next gen? Completely change the controller, why? WHY? That controller is not innovation, it is ridiculous if you want to play a game on a tablet go buy a tablet. I'm totally confused with it. Nintendo is the KING of overpriced controllers, and they ALWAYS pull these kind of F'UPs! Anyone remember buying Rob the Robot like me or even better the POWA GLOVE? Yeah Nintendo HAS a HISTORY of screwing up CONTROLLERS. They pulled it again imho. They always do it, I find it HILARIOUS how NO other game journalists can put this together. Eve Nintendo themselves can't admit the crap they try to push people into, saying oh wow LOOK INNOVATION! Just lol, not buying their machine this go round.

I think what is VERY dumb as well is the fact that if you buy a Wii U, a person HAS to buy a regular traditional controller as well as some Wii motion controllers to enjoy their full LIBRARY of 20+games?!:rolleyes: I mean... shit they might have the cheapest console right now for the 8th or 9th gen consoles(whatever their up to :eek:), but by the time you invest in extra controllers (100 bux 2 gamepads 2 wiimotes), maybe upgrade to the ALMIGHTY 32GB HD (like 50-60 bux more) (really 32GB??? The PS4 will have a 500GB HD. Nintendo is cheap f'erz, they are...don't kid yourselves)....Might as well get a PS4 rather than an overpriced HD Wii with greedy over priced controller accessory NEEDED to enjoy your game console Frankenstein of a Wii.

Just my opinion, and I hate to complain about Nintendo! Who doesn't love their games right? I would seriously rather have Mario, Zelda etc. on a PS4 gen console with more memory, GPU, CPU etc. and with the Move controller or dualshock 4. The PS4 could most likely upgrade their games to 4k if they wanted. (LOL seriously think about their games, and PS4 hardware, but I know that is not PS4 aim this gen is just 4k BluRay movie compatibility)

Nintendo should have just pushed their graphics and CPU capabilities, over the controller COMPLETE unnecessary change imho this gen, that controller worked great for the original Wii and OBVIOUSLY, and just turned into a niche controller this gen, alongside the Robot and Power Glove imho. I wish they would have upgraded the motion controller and redesigned it over the handheld DS type controller, but what do I know? (Haha!) I'm only a hardcore game enthusiast who grew up on 8-bit Nintendo. Oh well they always do this crap @ Nintendo, I shouldn't be surprised...Neither should you guys. Have a Nice day! :)

The fact that one system can even remain natively backwards compatible though is impressive. You don't have to buy Wii controllers if you already have games and obviously previously owned a Wii as its pretty likely you would have a set of controllers at the very least. If you trade them in then that's on you , Nintendo has remained very consistent with B/C since the Gamecube so it would make sense to sell the system but not really the controllers.

Why would Nintendo invest in a power house console? This has NEVER been there strategy. The only thing Nintendo has to do is keep releasing a steady stream of games and go for more third party support. They don't need to be the best graphics on the block , the Wii proved that handily. In the past their portable console pretty much kept them in the game and flurishing but now that Smartphones are taking a chunk out of the portable gaming market , even the 3DS can't save them.

Nintendo's problems are not hardware related , they are marketing and business sense related. They need to drop the 90's mentality and realize that not having as much third party support makes it very hard to maintain a strong generation. The Wii had tons of support but it began to wane once the motion control fad was tired.

Nintendo and NOOOO other console in HISTORY has DECIDED that their console will NEED a tablet/gamepad. (You know that right?) Imagine if they had to do that for every console after it, that's a LOT of wasted system cost just so you can see the game on a miniature screen...sorry bud, but I think it's a fools gamble and you will see the results. Same as the Power Glove, same as Rob the Robot, same as that Strapped on your face portable etc. But hey there's a .00001% chance that this can work, and every console maker will be doing this in the future (yeah right bro). The economy everywhere is in RECESSION, and Nintendo does thee ultimate F'UP. Say what?

Oops, I really meant to say the entire world doesnt care about the wii u.
Maybe the wii as well? Yea it sold a ton of consoles, wish there was a stat of how many were returned or still owned but havent been used in years.

Didn't mean to get off topic, but this xmas is gonna be crazy with these console releases. I'm just waiting for cheaper ssd's and high res 27''/30'' monitor sales!!

Yea it sold a ton of consoles, wish there was a stat of how many were returned or still owned but havent been used in years.

I don't think there has ever been a stat that talks about playtime/usage averages for the Wii but if my personal experience shows anything it's that only a fraction of the 100 million Wii's out there actually played official Wii games and played it more than a few weeks.

Usually its;

Wii [Modded] w/500GB HD
Wii w/ Wii Sports and balance board
Wii in the closet
Wii in the landfill
Wii in the pawnshop

I'd say only about 1/4-1/3 of the units sold were actually used looking at Nintendo franchise sales numbers through it's history. So a safe estimate would be something like 25-35 million people actually used their Wii and didn't pirate or throw it in the trash. Thats about the same amount of Gamecubes sold and will probably be what the Wii U is able to sell in it's upper limit lifetime sales. Though I believe it will be closer to 25 million or so.

Nintendo and NOOOO other console in HISTORY has DECIDED that their console will NEED a tablet/gamepad. (You know that right?) Imagine if they had to do that for every console after it, that's a LOT of wasted system cost just so you can see the game on a miniature screen...sorry bud, but I think it's a fools gamble and you will see the results. Same as the Power Glove, same as Rob the Robot, same as that Strapped on your face portable etc. But hey there's a .00001% chance that this can work, and every console maker will be doing this in the future (yeah right bro). The economy everywhere is in RECESSION, and Nintendo does thee ultimate F'UP. Say what?

Yes, it's SOOOO stupid that as soon as Nintendo announced it, Sony and Microsoft immediately tried to copy the idea. Like it or not, Nintendo has become a trend setting, and Microsoft and Sony feel so threatened by them, that they immediately try and copy whatever Nintendo announces. The Xbox One's tablet interactivity and Sony's PS3/PS4/Vita interactions were basically rip offs of the Wii U itself, except a great deal more expensive of a set up. And Nintendo is SOOOO stupid, that their "failed" handheld, the 3DS, has outsold the Wii's lifetime sales in Japan. Damn, they must not know anything they are doing. Nope.

I mean, it's not like Nintendo was the first one to go on a major campain to target indie developers and give them free tools and equip- oh wait, they did. Sony (and eventually Microsoft) were blowing their horn a lot more about it, but they're not doing much different than what Nintendo already did at the launch of the Wii U. Sony does have a plan to enable the PS4 to become a development console without additional hardware, true, an idea that's unique at the moment, but Nintendo doesn't require a developer's kit for indie titles in the first place, providing indie developers with SDK tools that tie into existing development kits.

It sounds to me like a lot of people are hyping themselves up for a huge letdown this next few months. Please keep in mind that Sony has never sold 9 million consoles in the period they are listing. The PS2 never had sales like that, and the PS3 was a shelf warmer for months. It sounds like they're going to SHIP 9 million units, and claim to have sold that many. Wouldn't be the first time.

I dont know why people Bash the WII U so much? I own all 3 and for the last 6 months i play the WII U when i get time away from my PC.

i haven't tried the Wii U yet but I have really enjoyed playing Zelda skyward sword on the wii, Mario cart and smash bros were also pretty fun when friends come over. N64 had a stupid controller but how many here have fond memories of Mario 64, Mario kart, 007 and perfect dark. Nintendo makes good games.

Sony has been toying with motion long before Nintendo even announced the Wii.

The Wii was the best selling console in HISTORY right?

For the people that think the Wii is the best selling console.

Sony PlayStation 2 2000 155 million
Sony PlayStation 1994 102.49 million
Nintendo Wii 2006 100.04 million

It was gimmicky...

I completely agree, I have a Wii (had a Kinect when I owned my 360) and a PS Move and it's just stupid. Super Mario Galaxy 1 + 2 was annoying as hell and DKC especially was just made to piss you off to slam the ground.

Back