3G Network Speed Test Show Verizon as Fastest

Only the Pre and the Instinct currently require a plan change. The rest of the phones are fair game, including blackberries if you hunt around the net to find out how to do it.

The SERO plan originated as a plan for friends of Sprint Employees, as given by the name, Sprint Employee Referral Offer. People with SERO plans can even call into employee accounts (people whom help Sprint Employees) for help, which is something I consider to be the best part of having the plan because those folks know what they're doing unlike the generic *2 reps.

Anyway, I'll downgrade to a generic phone to keep this plan if I have to and use an MID with my $30/mo Sprint EVDO connection. . . Sprint may not like how little I pay them for what I get. . . but damn if they don't have a customer for life because of it, or at least until they outright cancel my service.

People with SERO plans can even call into employee accounts (people whom help Sprint Employees) for help, which is something I consider to be the best part of having the plan because those folks know what they're doing unlike the generic *2 reps.

Oh? I've not heard about this, how is it done? So far I've not really needed major tech help (outside of the fact I cant figure out how to enable data-roaming on my phone "[data]Service not avalible while roaming") but who knows what the future holds...

One. SEROs are not as easy to get anymore
Two. Older Sprint phones usually cannot have their SID info modified to allow data roaming

I've been holding onto my Samsung A900 and it's not able to be modified for data roaming. It can be modified for voice roaming which basically means you wont see the transition from Sprint to Roaming on your phone, thats all.

Anyway, it's funny to hear these results and see a ATT 3G commercial touting how they got the nation's fastest 3G network

Oh? I've not heard about this, how is it done? So far I've not really needed major tech help (outside of the fact I cant figure out how to enable data-roaming on my phone "[data]Service not avalible while roaming") but who knows what the future holds...

You just call their number directly and they will handle your account just like any other rep. Employee services change their number frequently, aside from a general internet search for it, sprintusers.com usually has a post in their forum for the new number whenever it does.

I always recommend using them for major problems (like account issues) as I've always had my problems taken care of with the first call through them; which is in sharp contrast to the endless times I've had to call into *2 when I didn't know better.

One. SEROs are not as easy to get anymore
Two. Older Sprint phones usually cannot have their SID info modified to allow data roaming

I've been holding onto my Samsung A900 and it's not able to be modified for data roaming. It can be modified for voice roaming which basically means you wont see the transition from Sprint to Roaming on your phone, thats all.

Anyway, it's funny to hear these results and see a ATT 3G commercial touting how they got the nation's fastest 3G network

1. Sero, as it was, is DEAD. There is a new, similar, plan that is basically "sero everything" which starts at iirc $70, but is unlimited everything

2. the a900 *technically* can data-roam. by eitehr A. iniciating a data session on Sprint and, while in-session, moving out of range (did this on accident twice and it worked) or B. by modifying the file with the tower IDs so it thinks _ALL_ towers are sprint. Works well unless you're near hte border then you can accidentally end up with international roaming...

3. lol. to think after all this time Ma Bell is the slowest... (yep, check the history, Ma Bell has reformed under the "ATT" banner...)

You just call their number directly and they will handle your account just like any other rep. Employee services change their number frequently, aside from a general internet search for it, sprintusers.com usually has a post in their forum for the new number whenever it does.

I always recommend using them for major problems (like account issues) as I've always had my problems taken care of with the first call through them; which is in sharp contrast to the endless times I've had to call into *2 when I didn't know better.

Thanks! Next time I have a problem I'll give them a call instead.

Back