3dfx V5-5800 AGP @ 128Mb @ 200MHz Special Edition by osckhar - V5-5500 3dfx

man i forgot about the work that went into the community developed 128mb mod on the v5..... good times.

this is neat, but nope on the price.

the custom bios is floating around on the net, and he added his name in it.

also the ram chip swap forum post is probably still on the 3dfx board.

his listing is also in violation of ebay as it asks for the buyer to contact him directly to fix a price and avoid fees and blah blah blah.

i am surprised they got it reliable on the earlier v5. i always thought it would be best to do on the later revision with the 4x agp slot.

aparently there are even some 128mb modded pci v5 cards out there. that would be awesome on a mac card with the DVI connector and a pc compatible bios.

I'm amazed it's still up;

"IMPORTANT-
1.- Since ebay fees are really high. I agree to do deals outside ebay where I can offer better prices.
2.- Dont worry if you see crazy amount for shipping cost. Just ebay dont charge fees on shipping cost so I can offer better price if you send an offer. Price per shipping cost is arround 35Euros. So, you can send me an offer including shipping cost. I mean, if shipping cost is 400Euros stated in my auction (shipping cost has not ebay fees), and you want to offer 600Euros included shipping cost. You send me offer as 200Euros. In my shipping cost there is a part of sale of item for avoiding ebay fees and paypal."

I'm amazed it's still up;

"IMPORTANT-
1.- Since ebay fees are really high. I agree to do deals outside ebay where I can offer better prices.
2.- Dont worry if you see crazy amount for shipping cost. Just ebay dont charge fees on shipping cost so I can offer better price if you send an offer. Price per shipping cost is arround 35Euros. So, you can send me an offer including shipping cost. I mean, if shipping cost is 400Euros stated in my auction (shipping cost has not ebay fees), and you want to offer 600Euros included shipping cost. You send me offer as 200Euros. In my shipping cost there is a part of sale of item for avoiding ebay fees and paypal."
Lulz. Ebay has charged fees on shipping for many years now because of yahoo's like this guy. Double Lulz trying to setup an outside ebay transaction in his listing.

Gone. I bet ebay dropped the listing, that bit about "I agree to deals outside ebay" was stupid.

Wow, anytime I see someone post something about 3dfx it really takes me back to the early days of Quake and games that utilized OpenGL for fluid gaming. Also the early days of dual GPUs on a single PCB. The good ole' days.

i am surprised they got it reliable on the earlier v5. i always thought it would be best to do on the later revision with the 4x agp slot.

aparently there are even some 128mb modded pci v5 cards out there. that would be awesome on a mac card with the DVI connector and a pc compatible bios.

The PCI version of the 5500 is a whole lot slower than the AGP version, with the exception of maybe running it in a 66 MHz PCI slot, if the 5500 supports it. The Power Mac G3 B&W has a 66 MHz PCI slot, it'd be an interesting test to see if the performance changed any. On the PC side, 66 MHz PCI slots were rare and almost exclusively on high end workstation and server boards.

Reactions: erek
like this
Back