3DBuzz has shut its doors and made all their content available for free

magnetik

Staff member
If you're into game development they've made tutorials in areas pertaining to...

AI programming, ASP.net, Blender, iPhone and Android apps, C#, C++, Objective C, Python, OpenGL, HTML and JavaScript, Solidworks, Photoshop, GIMP, Unity, and several game engines like Unreal 4 and Doom 3. There are also quite a few classes on 2D and 3D art as well as related math like trig and vectors.

Jason Busby, founder of 3D Buzz passed away in 2017. RIP. The site is shutting down and they've made the content available for everyone.

These were once available via subscription but they've made their whole library free to dl via torrent. All 225gb's worth.

https://www.3dbuzz.com/

Thanks for sharing.

I'm grabbing it right now. 215 GB of content.

Don't know if I'll ever have a chance to look at it, but I'm sure its interesting none-the-less.

At least I can use my server and gigabit connection to help distribute the content via the torrent.

I used 3dbuzz back in 2003 to learn how to do 3d modelling, texturing, etc and make unreal tournament maps and mods. It was an extremely good site.

I was going to explain my story but honestly this is exactly how I got into 3D. Modding UT watching 3DBuzz tuts...

It's this where the included tutorials on UT 2k4 Editor's Choice Edition DVD came from? I know I must've seen many tuts from 3D buzz but can't remember where

I need to download this but I have to first figure how how to add an exception to myself in the FW to let me work with Torrents. Been too long since I put them in place forgot how most of them work.

My up speed with the torrents has been a constant 1.2 MiB/s. Best way to continue to share this boon

I'm sitting at about 12MB/s (bytes, not bits)

I'm glad this is one way my around storage and internet hobby can hekpmspread a good thing.

I'm surprised I only have about 30 peers at any give time though.

Took a peek at my server as I was walking by in the basement to do laundry, and the drives unusually busy.

Damn, I thought. Has a drive failed?

Nope.

It's just that the 3DBuzz torrent is still sitting at 18MB/s upload, and I'm now up to 6.9TB uploaded. Lol

upload_2020-1-20_22-7-46.png

Verizon is going to be thrilled :p

Back