3D Vision Surround

Status
Not open for further replies.

rrahim3

n00b
I'm so excited I'm gonna be going 3d vision surround.
3 x FULL HD 3d monitors. powered by i7 and GTX 580 3GB SLI. Oh man every boys dreams :D

3 x FULL HD 3d monitors. powered by i7 and GTX 580 3GB SLI. Oh man every boys dreams :D

Im sorry you wasted money on a technology that will be replaced in the next 1-2 years.

but good luck with those aweful Glasses (and I mean all forms of 3d crap from any company)

Enjoy your e-peen.. but from my point of view it's pretty small and you're trying too hard.

Waiting patiently for 3d to die... again...

I'll think about upgrading my whole system when Maxwell comes out because thats a pretty dramatic increase in performance over the current i7 that I have.

Trust me I can't match the EPEEN of most of the ballers on this forum. But I believe that a 3 monitor setup with 120hz alienware monitors with two awesome looking speakers on the sides... And I need a new keyboard. Will look freaking baller! the 3GB GTX580 will give the whole setup the balls to backup its looks. And who wouldn't want to try out H.A.W.X 2 in 3d vision surround? Forget the EPEEN that sounds epee -mpresive!!

lmao I'll shutup now :X

Haswell Maxwell...... do u think they planned it like that? I gots to haz me some HasMaX!

Let me know how it goes, I have this 3D one myself and unless Nvidia does something on drivers, other people with better cards than me saying "it doesn't help the dismale Frame Rates" we are getting. I'm doing more 2D than 3D with it at the moment.

DSCF6509.jpg

I'll think about upgrading my whole system when Maxwell comes out because thats a pretty dramatic increase in performance over the current i7 that I have.

Trust me I can't match the EPEEN of most of the ballers on this forum. But I believe that a 3 monitor setup with 120hz alienware monitors with two awesome looking speakers on the sides... And I need a new keyboard. Will look freaking baller! the 3GB GTX580 will give the whole setup the balls to backup its looks. And who wouldn't want to try out H.A.W.X 2 in 3d vision surround? Forget the EPEEN that sounds epee -mpresive!!

Are you aware that HAWX 2 is one of the worst games of 2010

Congrats on the setup man. Hope it all works out for you.

Hmm.... Well I could always do a return. I'll do a little review after i get it setup :D..... If this doesn't work out I'll probably end up with a HP ZR30W

I seen multi-monitor gaming setups and it just doesn't do it for me. I mean sure honestly I could get some use out of it for a few games but the side monitors would only save me from looking side to side using point of view switches in simulators in other games I probably wouldn't even use it.

Are you aware that HAWX 2 is one of the worst games of 2010

I regretted buying it for 5usd. I earased the serial key off my computer and deleted the download files (was a redeemable ubisoft key). That's how bad it was (not gonna even bother getting into the piss slow and useless DRM). I have a 60" Mistu DLP with 3D Vision, and a USB Flight Joystick. And I still failed to enjoy it more than Ace Combat 6 on my xbox360, or FSX. To call it horrible would be a slight understatement, IMHO. Even as a 3D Vision tech demo, it sucks.

They should make a toonish game like starfox for snes. The flying battles were awesome in that game. multiplayer would be fun haha. Customizing our own jet fighters and picking toons to represnt us. multiplpayer dog fights from 1v1-16v 16 ... epicc

Im sorry you wasted money on a technology that will be replaced in the next 1-2 years.

but good luck with those aweful Glasses (and I mean all forms of 3d crap from any company)

And what technology won't be replaced or outdated in the next one to two years? The only cost to doing S3D beyond the glasses are the video cards and monitors which incredibly work in good old 2D as well. The monitors will still be useful in 2 years but those video cards are definitely going to be replaced by something better in a couple of years.

Amazing the amount of misleading information people spew about S3D gaming.

Congrats and welcome to the world of 3D Surround! Love my 3D Surround setup, it really has put the visual pow back into gaming. All of my main gaming rigs from now on will have to support 3D gaming there's just no going back to 2D only for me.

I don't understand all the animosity going on in this thread. Worse comes to worst, the OP can still do 120Hz gaming in 2D with his setup. To me, it seems like 3D is just the little bit of icing on the cake. Am I missing something here? :confused:

No you hit the nail on the head. If you have 120Hz panels S3D is a moderately priced add-on that only involves buying the glasses kit if we're only talking about one pair, each additional pair is $100USD.

Let me know how it goes, I have this 3D one myself and unless Nvidia does something on drivers, other people with better cards than me saying "it doesn't help the dismale Frame Rates" we are getting. I'm doing more 2D than 3D with it at the moment.

I'm curious, what's the problem?? High resolution/poor frames? 3D itself? Multimonitor support?

I am guessing maybe a performance thing.. you need a lot of horse power for full S3D... I have dual 470s OC'd quite a bit and they just barely cut it for 5760x1080 2D with certain games... with that being said, I am 100% totally hooked on 3 screen gaming.. to the point where I just won't play a game if it doesn't support it. :p

Did this even merit creation of a new thread? If we all started a new thread everytime we upgraded... oh god, thread spam much?

Holy crap it seems like some jealous posters on here.

I'd love to see pictures/videos/stories of how it runs. I have a feeling it will be like pulling teeth with some of the fixes I hear for just getting eyefinity going but best of luck to you.

You might be surprised how well supported 3D Surround is. I'd say the bulk of the bigger titles either work out of the box or with teaks. Black Ops, Dead Space 2, Bulletstorm and Crysis 2 are recent titles that all work with 3D Surround and there's plenty more. Sometimes it's not perfect support like DS 2, there's issues with the pre-game menus in that title but the other three were designed for 3D, the bigger issue is generally get the FOV right for Surround.

Enjoy the 3D vision, I love mine, I'm not a fan of the surround though for gaming though.

Holy crap it seems like some jealous posters on here.

I'd love to see pictures/videos/stories of how it runs. I have a feeling it will be like pulling teeth with some of the fixes I hear for just getting eyefinity going but best of luck to you.

I'm jelly too...I'm also really really drunk...:D If only I had the cash to spend on 2 more monitors. I don't even think they could be widescreen or else they wouldn't fit on my desk either.

Put it this way. If you test it out and still think it's cool, who gives a $*@$ what other people think? Does your computer need to impress other people?

What is it gonna be replaced by? I can still return it lol

Pay no attention to him. These forums (or at least many of its users) have been having PMS.

They either complain about a game because it's not DX11 (since they're the elite of PC Gaming and want any game to crush their hardware to a pulp), but then make fun of you for going with one of the uber configs out there right now.

Again, pay no attention to the PMS going around and have fun with your system. Have a go at Crysis 2 in 3D. Word is is that it's awesome!

Last edited:
Pretty major upgrade, what's with all the party poopers?

It must be PMS as I mentioned in my other post. They either complain about a game that isn't crushing their setups, with mind boggling graphics, but then criticize others for having a uber setup...

These forums lately are filled with whining babies and "girlies"...

It must be PMS as I mentioned in my other post. They either complain about a game that isn't crushing their setups, with mind boggling graphics, but then criticize others for having a uber setup...

These forums lately are filled with whining babies and "girlies"...

What's funny is that when the games do actually crush their hardware, they then complain that the game is an unoptimized piece of shit.

I suppose some people just like to complain no matter what the cause. :p

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back