cageymaru

Fully [H]
Longtime Hardocp community member cbutters has 3D printed a custom computer case for his AMD Ryzen Mini-ITX gaming PC. He designed the case using TinkerCAD and the build features cooling ventilation with the AMD logo printed into the vents! The system consists of an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon RX Vega 11 graphics desktop processor, Kingston Technology HyperX 3200 DDR4 memory, ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard, Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SSD, and a Mini Box PicoPSU-150-XT 150 watt power supply. I love the AMD Wraith cooler getting fresh air from the top! Cbutters has shared the build files for the 3D printed case here. Make sure to toss him a subscribe on his cbutters Tech YouTube channel. Congratulations cbutters !

This unique AMD themed Mini ITX case has design features that no case manufacturer would ever do due to the customization, but that won't stop you if you have a 3D printer!

Awesome! Truly impressive project.

I printed some Jet case files for a friend of mine a couple years back and he in turn did some amazing finishing work on the plastic. I don't have any pics/vids but it was the first time I saw a total 3d printed case.

Beautiful case. The only addition I'd want are mounting holes for a grill to cover the CPU fan, or simply have a 3D printed cover with an integrated grill. I'd want this case in the open to show it off, but an exposed CPU fan is not safe in households with pets, small kids or inattentive adults.

Beautiful case. The only addition I'd want are mounting holes for a grill to cover the CPU fan, or simply have a 3D printed cover with an integrated grill. I'd want this case in the open to show it off, but an exposed CPU fan is not safe in households with pets, small kids or inattentive adults.
Agreed about the exposed fan. I'd much prefer a dust filter on top

Very sharp case build. Amazing job!

A little puzzled seeing it called a "Gaming PC" with only the APU though, but maybe it works for low end stuff like CSGO?

Make sure to toss him a subscribe on his cbutters Tech YouTube channel.

Nah, homey don't play dat.

I'll read a build thread with pictures from start to finish, but I won't even watch someone's video, let alone subscribe to them. :p

Last edited:
I’d buy one because my living room needs a computer case other than black/silver. Teal, white, or orange would be nice.

I’d buy one because my living room needs a computer case other than black/silver. Teal, white, or orange would be nice.

Well, I don't think he's selling them, but it looks like you can download the files and print your own, I .whatever color you prefer

My dad works aerospace and he was talking about some of the experimentive designs that are being done with 3D printers. He said that computers were tasked with designing a structure that best meets the needs of the application but *doesn't* have to take into account the practicality of traditional machining. So you don't have to make internal wing spars out of extruded metal, you can use ANY design you want. You don't have to worry about right angles that are easy to cut or manufacturer. You don't have to worry about what the milling machine can do. The designs end up becoming very organic looking. Pretty fascinating stuff....very exciting for the future.

Longtime Hardocp community member cbutters has 3D printed a custom computer case for his AMD Ryzen Mini-ITX gaming PC. He designed the case using TinkerCAD and the build features cooling ventilation with the AMD logo printed into the vents! The system consists of an AMD Ryzen 5 2400G with Radeon RX Vega 11 graphics desktop processor, Kingston Technology HyperX 3200 DDR4 memory, ASRock Fatal1ty AB350 Gaming-ITX/ac motherboard, Samsung 850 EVO - 500GB - M.2 SSD, and a Mini Box PicoPSU-150-XT 150 watt power supply. I love the AMD Wraith cooler getting fresh air from the top! Cbutters has shared the build files for the 3D printed case here. Make sure to toss him a subscribe on his cbutters Tech YouTube channel. Congratulations cbutters !

This unique AMD themed Mini ITX case has design features that no case manufacturer would ever do due to the customization, but that won't stop you if you have a 3D printer!

This is supper cool. Though I wish it would have been a little thicker so you could add a screen or filter.

Wow - that looks amazing!

Perfect light/entry to medium level gaming and streaming living room PC!

Just print a 3D printer with your 2D inkjet, using the inflationary ink cartridges....

That or sent the files to an online 3D printing service.

Oh snap I forgot about the online services! I also think our public library can print as well for like a very small fee.

A little puzzled seeing it called a "Gaming PC" with only the APU though, but maybe it works for low end stuff like CSGO?
It certainly is no 2080 ti, but it would surprise you how much it can handle.

Its basicly a guaranteed 30 fps on the most demanding triple-A titles (low settings @ 720p at worst)

Not ideal, but a great value for those who just want to enter the world PC gaming without breaking the bank.

Awesome project, but this person obviously doesn't have small children or a cat.

It certainly is no 2080 ti, but it would surprise you how much it can handle.

Its basicly a guaranteed 30 fps on the most demanding triple-A titles (low settings @ 720p at worst)

Not ideal, but a great value for those who just want to enter the world PC gaming without breaking the bank.

I'm not sure if consider 30fps playable in anything but like turn based strategy games, and stuff like that.

I'm not sure if consider 30fps playable in anything but like turn based strategy games, and stuff like that.
Yeah you're basicly a console gamer at that point. Its amazing how much better a gamepad can make 30 fps feel. For games like CS:GO it would be much higher. Probably touching 100fps easy. These are my observations from a 2200G build I did for a for a friend. Its a big leap from the Intel igpu which would be chugging at 10-15fps. Now that is unplayable.

Not really something that would interest enthusiasts here, but I do believe it has its place. Its a good way to fight the argument that PC gaming is too expensive to get into.

Nice thing about the 2400G is it is a great CPU to add a GPU to later down the line when needed.

Isn’t a good printer like 3 grand?

Looks like the 3d printer he had in the background was a CR-10/s variant. They are only about 3-500 depending on variant. They have gotten ridiculously cheap in the last few years. If you want a trouble free 3d printer with decent build volume will be $1k-$2k. Otherwise if you are willing to spend a lot of time to learn and fix stuff the CR-10/S variant are really good value.

Literally a hundred of millions of people play most their games at 30 FPS on then PS3/PS4 and 360/One.

The 2200g can play Fortnite on like medium at 30fps.

Do I personally recommend? Fuck no, the Spyro remake keeps dropping frames every 20 seconds, it suuuuuuucks. But what can I do. A console exclusive is a console exclusive.

That's cool as hell.. I'm really on the fence about a 3d printer.. but now... not so much.

That's pretty cool! Though I'm always curious about the plastic and... static electricity/grounding?

Might have to mod it to put in a 2.5 drive somewhere. I have a 4790K itx setup with no m.2. Very interested in these small (but full featured) packages.

EDIT: and the irony would be the AMD vents with the intel chip.

This is supper cool. Though I wish it would have been a little thicker so you could add a screen or filter.

A lot of you guys want a spot for a grill, or dust filter. Would you like me to modify the lid file for one? I'll post the link back on this thread.

if some of the stuff on ryzen 3 leaks is right could make a nice little setup

Literally a hundred of millions of people play most their games at 30 FPS on then PS3/PS4 and 360/One.

The 2200g can play Fortnite on like medium at 30fps.

Do I personally recommend? Fuck no, the Spyro remake keeps dropping frames every 20 seconds, it suuuuuuucks. But what can I do. A console exclusive is a console exclusive.

Yeah, when you use a controller you can get away with it, because controllers are such poor control instruments that you are insulated from the horrible feel of 30fps. (the reason why most games require auto-aim for controller users, and why mouse and keyboard users absolutely stomp out controller users.)

As soon as you use a mouse it is apparent how bad it is.

A lot of you guys want a spot for a grill, or dust filter. Would you like me to modify the lid file for one? I'll post the link back on this thread.

I'd argue it's not that difficult to drill 4 holes in it to mount a cover.

Personally I really like the open look. Just have to not stick your fingers in it :p It hurts. (Ask me how I know)

Yeah you're basicly a console gamer at that point. Its amazing how much better a gamepad can make 30 fps feel.

Yeah, the poor and insulated control you get from thumbsticks is great at masking how laggy and awful 30fps is.

Not really something that would interest enthusiasts here, but I do believe it has its place. Its a good way to fight the argument that PC gaming is too expensive to get into.

Nice thing about the 2400G is it is a great CPU to add a GPU to later down the line when needed.

Don't get me wrong. I think this is a great little CPU. I actually used a 2400G few months ago when I built my fiance a new system. She doesn't play games though.

I built hers into a slim fanless Streacom case.

155666_IMG_20180908_184256.jpg

I'd argue a 2400G APU is great for general purpose desktop use for people who don't play games. A lot of power in a very cheap and small package.

Back