3960x and Star Citizen wierdness

tangoseal

[H]F Junkie
Disregard My question. I edited it out this am.

The very first answer I got, and appreciate none the less, was that its an unfinished game.

Thats obvious but I dont think anyine who visits this subforun is a true professional game developer working for a AAA studio and could answer specifc questions related to Amazon Lumberyard vs Threadripper CCDs and under utilization.

Last edited:
definitely the game engine.. but it's not uncommon to see lower performance with SMT enabled in some games but it's becoming more rare these days. happens on both AMD and intel.

definitely the game engine.. but it's not uncommon to see lower performance with SMT enabled in some games but it's becoming more rare these days. happens on both AMD and intel.

Yes I knew of this but in the 100 plus games I have bought and or played in the last 7 years ive never had to disable cores or smt even with the old threadripper chips.

Oh well im not using all 24 cores right now anyways. Davinci resolve, the main thing I do with this 3960x, doesnt care if I have 12 or 24. It cares more about my gpu right now. Ill disable cores and just play away until I have a big project and oh whooptie do it takes 1 extra min to turn them back on.

Its ok its not an issue at this point worth spending any more energy on for any of us.

Last edited:
cryengine supports SMT :confused:

I have no say in thier bickering between Lumberyard and Cryengine. Courts are already ruling in favor of CIG.

It seems that they are going to implement vulkan in the near future anyways possivly in next 2 quarters.

Vulkan is superior in performance over dx11 and dx12 makes no sense as a rendering api at this point because CIG wants linux support as well.

Last edited:
Back