3950x Overclocking guide needed!!

The Corsair memory passed even at XMP, so i'm pretty glad for that. Hopefully can get back to 3600 MHz 2x16GB G.Skill kit after RMA. Thank you everyone for the support and help so far

The Corsair memory passed even at XMP, so i'm pretty glad for that. Hopefully can get back to 3600 MHz 2x16GB G.Skill kit after RMA. Thank you everyone for the support and help so far

Glad to hear you got it working now. Hopefully when you get the RAM back it will work as well. I have a 4x8GB kit of the Corsair Vengence RGB Pro and I run it at 3800. I did not even think to try the 16GB chips since 32GB was really enough for what I do and I wanted all 4 slots filled.

Glad to hear you got it working now. Hopefully when you get the RAM back it will work as well. I have a 4x8GB kit of the Corsair Vengence RGB Pro and I run it at 3800. I did not even think to try the 16GB chips since 32GB was really enough for what I do and I wanted all 4 slots filled.
any problems with 1T with 4x8?

any problems with 1T with 4x8?

Not at all. I have no tried to tweak it at all though. Here are three different tests. That running with PBO on and no extra tricks on the 3900x.

Attachments

• cachemem.png
    cachemem.png
    93 KB · Views: 0
  • cachemem1201.png
    cachemem1201.png
    93.3 KB · Views: 0
  • cachemem101919.png
    cachemem101919.png
    102.9 KB · Views: 0
Reactions: erek
like this
EREK..... ive changed my OC this morning. Im now overclocking based per CCD/CCX. CCD 1's ccx's are all at 4.5ghz, while CCD 2's ccx's are at 4.3ghz all at the same voltage i was using before of 1.3125v. Its obvious that CCD1 is my strongest CCD so i took advantage of it and run 4.5GHZ on 8cores! Havent tested prime 95 and to be honest i never will. She went AIDA64 stabilty test for 14mins until i killed it, multi passes of cinebench r20/r15 (R20 score = 10450 if thats good) and i gamed for 30 minutes... she was stable and pc has been on for a good 10hrs now. Pretty neat I can OC 1/2cpu to 1 speed and the other 1/2 to another. Good job AMD!

Reactions: erek
like this
jesus i cant stand that guy... he just talks and talks and talks and talks.... all to hear himself. but he is smart

EREK..... ive changed my OC this morning. Im now overclocking based per CCD/CCX. CCD 1's ccx's are all at 4.5ghz, while CCD 2's ccx's are at 4.3ghz all at the same voltage i was using before of 1.3125v. Its obvious that CCD1 is my strongest CCD so i took advantage of it and run 4.5GHZ on 8cores! Havent tested prime 95 and to be honest i never will. She went AIDA64 stabilty test for 14mins until i killed it, multi passes of cinebench r20/r15 (R20 score = 10450 if thats good) and i gamed for 30 minutes... she was stable and pc has been on for a good 10hrs now. Pretty neat I can OC 1/2cpu to 1 speed and the other 1/2 to another. Good job AMD!

Ratio overclocking works like a charm doesn't it?

I keep following this trying to see if I need to spend money and upgrade to the 3950x over my 3900x. I mean I want Facebook to load faster now. Need more speed more Powah!!!!!

Hello guy :D who have a guide here :D or can help me with that OC xD
i would like to OC my 3950x to 4.3ghz on all core stable. its not for gaming just for hosting game server like 1 core per server.
my mobo is: ROG Crosshair VIII hero
my discord :SuperDuke69#6641
thank you.

i would like to OC my 3950x to 4.3ghz on all core stable. its not for gaming just for hosting game server like 1 core per server.
thank you.

I have mine running at 4.3 all core with same mb.. ~1.21 vcore during load, I set voc to 1.15 (does not run that high though, maxes at 1.1 but during load sits even less), ram at 3800, IF at 1900, 16 15 15 34 1T ram timings, need to go into bios to double check all my power settings, llc etc.

thank you.

There's no gain to an all core overclock unless you spend all your time loading all cores doing work, like a rendering machine etc etc. Leave it stock or PBO etc, for better all around performance.

There's no gain to an all core overclock unless you spend all your time loading all cores doing work, like a rendering machine etc etc. Leave it stock or PBO etc, for better all around performance.
its better for stock ? so in ratio cpu i put back Auto ?
i mean for ARK Survival Game Server using only one core per server its better to stay stock ?

its better for stock ? so in ratio cpu i put back Auto ?
i mean for ARK Survival Game Server using only one core per server its better to stay stock ?

For single or low threaded workloads, stock is better for the higher single thread boost.

last question when iqs stock... a single core can boost auto to 4.7ghz right ? i dont understand max boost 4.7ghz

Yes, that's correct. The difference with an all core overclock is that all threads are limited to 4.3ghz for ex. vs any single thread being able to use the max boost of 4.7ghz. at stock.

Yes, that's correct. The difference with an all core overclock is that all threads are limited to 4.3ghz for ex. vs any single thread being able to use the max boost of 4.7ghz. at stock.
i just made a cinebench 15 single cpu ... and my cpu cant go more than 3.5ghz xD how to enable the auto boost clock ? everything in bios its set to auto
and easy option to normal

my hwinfo64 write 3.5ghz maximun :S i dont know why xD

My 3950x came early and I got it today! I threw it in and ran CB20 all tests with 300 second minimum so the multi ran several times. CPU score 9055, CPU(Single Core) 528, MP Ratio 17.15. Max Temp 74.5 Tctl/Tdie. RAM is at 3600 16-16-16-36-52. Does this look inline with most other 3950x chips? Production date on the chip is 48th week of 2019, assembled in Malaysia. I ran the boost tester app and I didn't get any cores over 4700. The sh!tlet was way slower than the good chiplet. In fact the sh!tlet was slower than the sh!tlet on the both 3900x chips I've had in my hands.

My 3950x came early and I got it today! I threw it in and ran CB20 all tests with 300 second minimum so the multi ran several times. CPU score 9055, CPU(Single Core) 528, MP Ratio 17.15. Max Temp 74.5 Tctl/Tdie. RAM is at 3600 16-16-16-36-52. Does this look inline with most other 3950x chips? Production date on the chip is 48th week of 2019, assembled in Malaysia. I ran the boost tester app and I didn't get any cores over 4700. The sh!tlet was way slower than the good chiplet. In fact the sh!tlet was slower than the sh!tlet on the both 3900x chips I've had in my hands.

What booster tester app are you using to see max boost per core btw?

What booster tester app are you using to see max boost per core btw?

It's just called boost tester. It's some homebrew app some guy made. It goes core by core and runs each one to its full extent.

Back