390X coming soon few weeks

haha nope.. being optimistic we have to wait 1 full week(at least) for a complete review of Fury Cards, that review will be honestly late in [H]OCP.. with the 980TI they only made a fast PREVIEW 2 weeks ago and no more.. yes 2 weeks for a single card..

He didn't say there would be reviews tomorrow. Watch out for "Chinese whispers".

Zarathustra[H];1041666791 said:
I could be wrong, as my memory is a bit hazy, but as I recall, GDDR5 wasn't a big deal in the beginning either. I don't think it was until a couple of generations later, when we saw a huge performance difference between GDDR3 and GDDR5, as GPU's improved and made the old GDDR3 a bottleneck.

I expect something similar for HBM. No dramatic difference on launch, but a few years from now looking back and wondering how we ever got by without it :p

They were up to 512 bit memory busses with DDR3. GDDR5 allowed them to drop back to 256 bit for the same performance. It saved die size, cost, and power.

HBM is kind of the opposite. It has an extremely wide mem bus and slower RAM. HBM2, if I'm not mistaken, doubles the bus width again.

Oh shit, you're in the future. You're the one that needs to tell us what happens! I eagerly await your reply.

It's now June 16th 7:17PM in New Zealand. I hate to bring you the bad news but the world is going to end on 6/16 @ 8:59pst. Sorry. :(

They were up to 512 bit memory busses with DDR3. GDDR5 allowed them to drop back to 256 bit for the same performance. It saved die size, cost, and power.

HBM is kind of the opposite. It has an extremely wide mem bus and slower RAM. HBM2, if I'm not mistaken, doubles the bus width again.

gtc2015-skhynix-3b.jpg

Same width, just faster.:D

Nah, Fury X review NDA ends at 1:00 PM EST and appears on store shelves immediately after.
I am dreaming of course.

Anyone know of a good quality reliable stream for the conference? I could just Google one myself but then I wouldn't be adding to the thread count.

Hotdogs

Diamond TNT2 Ultra

My prediction:

"Hi guys, here's what the card looks like, but you already knew that.
It's got HBM, which is really fast, but you already knew that.
The 300 series are all rebrands, but you already knew that.
Wait 2 more weeks for benchmarks, then 2 more weeks after that for retail availability. Lisa Su OUT!"

My prediction:

"Hi guys, here's what the card looks like, but you already knew that.
It's got HBM, which is really fast, but you already knew that.
The 300 series are all rebrands, but you already knew that.
Wait 2 more weeks for benchmarks, then 2 more weeks after that for retail availability. Lisa Su OUT!"

Sounds bout right except the last part. It's not dropping before windows 10.

I'm with the squirrel. No more Fury discussion in here, read the thread title and f%*$ off.

p.s just joking like I assume he was.

Zarathustra[H];1041668398 said:
True, but to be fair, when this thread started, everyone through the 390x was going to be Fiji XT :p

That is definitely where I thought this was heading when the thread started.

I'm with the squirrel. No more Fury discussion in here, read the thread title and f%*$ off.

p.s just joking like I assume he was.

Please this is the real Fury thread. We got to 300+ speculating about Fury and hotdogs, not some rebrands that no one on this forum is even going to buy

Edit: Yay for my work monitor crushing your grey text into oblivion. Didn't see it at first lol.

Do they have a link to the event? maybe it was posted and i missed it

It seems they will be broadcasting it on AMD's twitch stream, here.

Personally I cant watch video at work (well, at least not with sound).

Does anyone have any good liveblog links for this one? I found that Forbes has one here, but they aren't necessarily my preferred source for tech news...

Zarathustra[H];1041668545 said:
It seems they will be broadcasting it on AMD's twitch stream, here.

Personally I cant watch video at work (well, at least not with sound).

Does anyone have any good liveblog links for this one? I found that Forbes has one here, but they aren't necessarily my preferred source for tech news...

Thanks i guess I missed it. Lol that twitch chat is a warzone.

Back