390X coming soon few weeks

I remember being really excited to get a Radeon 4850 from Best Buy many years ago because of the deal I got. The 4850 was supposed to go on sale on a Monday if I remember right. Either the previous Thursday or Friday they had a special weekend coupon for 20% off Visiontek cards. The goal was for them to clear out the old cards. Then someone spotted the 4850 cards on the shelf early and so everyone went nuts trying to get them. Instead of $200 they were $160 which was a nice discount for a new card like that. I think that's the last computer part I bought from them.

" wefounditubuyit (1483 ) "

I guess he intended on selling it the whole time.
The video is just a ruse. We've been taken for fools!

Tell 'em to check the system for the 390X and if you're lucky they'll go get it for you.
Most of them check the retail date and tell you to piss off.

gl tho.

The SKU is in yesterday's leak. Give me a sec.
Try here: http://i.imgur.com/BT6ODUP.png

No valid sku on that. Most BB SKU's are 7 numbers. I could walk in and ask to look for the product name. But I prefer SKU. We have like 10 best buys around here.

btw I don't think the MSI slides reveal a rebadge...

AMD has had no issues carrying over chip names when they rebadge, but the MSI slides and prior AMD slides all show the new GPU being named Granada.

I expect some changes, even if 'specs' look the same at first glance.

curacao - pitcairn?.. Oland - cape verde?.. same could be Grenada with Hawaii.. but hopes are that Grenada to be a enhanced Hawaii with a updated GCN and better power efficiency..

here you can see it..

rofl..

"I opened it for an unboxing video"

Guy in the video realized it was not the "4096-bit" card he thought and is trying to dump it off quickly before the market is flooded...

And now he just revealed who he is :(

Wonder if a leak/tech site would pick this up for the clicks they would get before June 16th?

I'm shocked that a brain surgeon who spells his name "MoNkEyHuGgEr369" would be so easily confused.

Thanks for sharing :p

the only thing I See that is different, is OpenGL version support, though is that only a qualification that needs to be completed, or is there a hardware difference?

Both of them support 4.4. It's just that 4.4 wasn't available at the time of the 290X launch I believe.

who the hell buys anything from BB that is even remotely tech savy?

More people than would admit it on a tech forum online that don't want to wait for shipping.
I always buy laptops there so I can fondle them and return and replace same day if I don't like for example. But they don't design those fancy boxes for newegg, there is a lot of money out of retail joints like that.

As an eBay Associate, HardForum may earn from qualifying purchases.
My best buy has both 390/X and 370/X models in stock and selling.

Buy and bench in the name of science? 😁

Pricing is 449 on the 390X and 370 on the 390.

I found on the box that the clock on the 390 is 1GHz and the 1050 GHz on the 390X

Pricing is 449 on the 390X and 370 on the 390.

I found on the box that the clock on the 390 is 1GHz and the 1050 GHz on the 390X
I'm starting to get the feeling AMD has given up on their non-Fiji GPUs and is just going to rely on "8 GB" to sell these cards.
You would be amazed how many people judge their GPU speed based on VRAM... AMD is hoping people will buy these cards over the 970/980 on VRAM alone.

I'm starting to get the feeling AMD has given up on their non-Fiji GPUs and is just going to rely on "8 GB" to sell these cards.
You would be amazed how many people judge their GPU speed based on VRAM... AMD is hoping people will buy these cards over the 970/980 on VRAM alone.

Smart move on their part. A majority of consumer sales volume comes from hur-dur's.

how well these OC makes all the difference. if theyre basically maxed out from factory like hawaii its a fail

I'm curious about their performance but not curious enough to buy and return. Even then it makes me feel shitty buying a product I know I'm returning.

enh, my 290 pro vapor x is already 1030, so faster already.

unless it has 1.2 improvements, im not impressed.

Media shitstorm incoming.
Shit hurricane category 5.

Get to your bunkers. VRAMgate will pale in comparison.

Yes, AMD flew in the RTP members to see the new products and meet and greet with a lot of the staff.

I was a member of AMDRTP, but I stepped down because of other life obligations taking up my time. But I can say that this event was planned well in advance of any release dates being set for Fury/300-series, this isn't them bypassing the media in order to use RTP as "shills" of any of that.

And frankly I don't see an issue either way. Why wouldn't you give your community advocates an early look at your products? People just like to get butthurt over nothing. Complaining that a company is "undermining your value" or whatever as part of the media is silly. They aren't beholden to you anymore in the age of social media.

Back