390X coming soon few weeks

I put away my 1440p monitor, and brought my 2007 PLP displays back to life.

AMD let's me game on them, and I am a 2 term AMD customer.

If not, I am putting my PLPs for non gaming, and using my 4K TV for gaming with team Green!

As I understand it you need the Tonga AMD card variant to do PLP.
That is currently only the R9 285 or the future 380x.

Another day without a new AMD card... Another day of speculation and argument in this thread... Boy who cried wolf story 'round here.

Another day without a new AMD card... Another day of speculation and argument in this thread... Boy who cried wolf story 'round here.
The rumored date has been Computex since late January.
Anybody still waiting has done so at their own volition. The only person crying wolf is the random fucking guy who wrote the title of this thread.

From WCCFTech, January 23rd:
It is expected to arrive in June 2015

Last edited:
What good is DX12 with no games?
DE:MD launches in 2016, that's the first DX12 game I've heard of.

Side-note: Did some math last night, I could snatch up dual 970's for $100 out of pocket. AMD needs a home run to sway me.

I may be mistaken but I believe I read somewhere that gta 5 and witcher 3 may have dx12 patches sometime this year. If true that may change a f**k ton.

Side-note: Did some math last night, I could snatch up dual 970's for $100 out of pocket. AMD needs a home run to sway me.

Witcher 3 might have a DX12 patch later.

Also E3 is coming up soon, with a lot of games. We know for sure Battlefront is W10 DX12 only.

Also the new Mass effect will be shown, Need for Speed etc etc etc.

So right now we cant say no games until 2016. I am not disagreeing with you, Just we should wait. As of right now we have 1 confirmed DX12 only game.

Witcher 3 might have a DX12 patch later.

Also E3 is coming up soon, with a lot of games. We know for sure Battlefront is W10 DX12 only.

Also the new Mass effect will be shown, Need for Speed etc etc etc.

So right now we cant say no games until 2016. I am not disagreeing with you, Just we should wait. As of right now we have 1 confirmed DX12 only game.

I also wonder if DX12 will be a little like DX11, in which some (but far from all) of the efficiency benefits of thenew DX11 pipeline were realized in DX9 and DX10 titles run under DX11.

These benefits were usually small, but present in many titles, unless I am misremembering things...

Zarathustra[H];1041632704 said:
I also wonder if DX12 will be a little like DX11, in which some (but far from all) of the efficiency benefits of thenew DX11 pipeline were realized in DX9 and DX10 titles run under DX11.

These benefits were usually small, but present in many titles, unless I am misremembering things...

It's a good question, like if the game is built around DX12, or if they just add it DX12 support which doesn't do much.

Also there is a tiered system for DX12, how will that impact performance? There is too many questions around it, but 1 thing is for sure Battlefront is made from the ground up to be DX12, and windows 10 only. IF the game turns out to be a success, it will only drive W10 sales even more since its W10/DX12 only.

It will also help AMD since from what all the rumors suggest that Fiji will be full DX12. I mean Dice has been leaking photo's of AMD's new card.....So I assume AMD is a HUGE heavy hand in Battlefront

We know for sure Battlefront is W10 DX12 only.

WE do? Citation needed. All I've seen is a tweet from a guy on the engine team with his personal. View on what he'd LIKE to see. Wishful thinking.

I really doubt they're going to limit their potential customer base like that. Irrelevant that "Windows 10 is a free upgrade herpa derpa" because many people are perfectly happy on Windows 7 and many more won't even know the upgrade exists or what version of Windows they're even running. Developers and publishers understand that. There just won't be the mass migration to 10 that some people assume.

BATTLEFRONT more likely to be DX11 at launch, and I'd actually be surprised if DX12 is there at launch - they'll likely add DX12 and Vulkan later on like they did Mantle in BF4.

WE do? Citation needed. All I've seen is a tweet from a guy on the engine team with his personal. View on what he'd LIKE to see. Wishful thinking.

I really doubt they're going to limit their potential customer base like that. Irrelevant that "Windows 10 is a free upgrade herpa derpa" because many people are perfectly happy on Windows 7 and many more won't even know the upgrade exists or what version of Windows they're even running. Developers and publishers understand that. There just won't be the mass migration to 10 that some people assume.

BATTLEFRONT more likely to be DX11 at launch, and I'd actually be surprised if DX12 is there at launch - they'll likely add DX12 and Vulkan later on like they did Mantle in BF4.

since it's a free upgrade for everyone on windows 7/8/8.1 and its a windows update why wouldn't you upgrade?

I mean it will be a windows update. I assume you won't be able to update your windows if you didn't install W10.

since it's a free upgrade for everyone on windows 7/8/8.1 and its a windows update why wouldn't you upgrade?

I mean it will be a windows update. I assume you won't be able to update your windows if you didn't install W10.

Plenty of reasons that people will stay put on Windows 7, but the why's are really a separate discussion.

End of the day, publishers and developers look at platform share metrics like Steam stats and their own. And a mega publisher like EA isn't about to make a major AAA game with tens or hundreds of millions invested require Windows 10 just because Microsoft decided to make a new marketing cycle for Windows 8.2.

That was some people's position at the transition between DX7 to 8, 8 to 9, 9 to 10 etc. Aren't any dx12 games now, but once released the games taking advantage of it will start pouring in - happens every time.

But you're right: dx12 is probably not the biggest motivator to get a new card next month. 2-3 months from now, however...

Like other Frost engine games such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'm hoping for at least Mantle support at launch, and all the better if Vulkan and dx12 get a version also.

Like other Frost engine games such as Dragon Age: Inquisition, I'm hoping for at least Mantle support at launch, and all the better if Vulkan and dx12 get a version also.

Well Mantle is dead, no more games coming out with the Mantle moniker, so it will be DX11 at launch, with DX12 and Vulkan (aka Mantle 2.0) support in that game still TBD. Nothings been confirmed yet.

Well Mantle is dead, no more games coming out with the Mantle moniker, so it will be DX11 at launch, with DX12 and Vulkan (aka Mantle 2.0) support in that game still TBD. Nothings been confirmed yet.

Potato, potahto...

In any case, based on Mantle. I'll be waiting for that to be patched in. DX11 is painful after experiencing something better.

Patched in DX12 will be subpar just like patched in DX11 was.
Games must be built with DX12 from the beginning.

Patched in DX12 will be subpar just like patched in DX11 was.
Games must be built with DX12 from the beginning.

For best result yes.
Project cars offers a 30-40% improvement with dx12 added in.
Thats like a new graphics card extra performance.

Dx12 as noted allows developers to do what they want so game engines will be developed and applied for this API the coming year much faster than before as its a candy box for them.

For best result yes.
Project cars offers a 30-40% improvement with dx12 added in.
Thats like a new graphics card extra performance.

Dx12 as noted allows developers to do what they want so game engines will be developed and applied for this API the coming year much faster than before as its a candy box for them.

Just finished playing Project Cars.
Sounds good to me!

Titan ($999) to 780 Ti ($699) = 9 months.
Titan X ($999) to 980 Ti ($649) = 3 months.

Nvidia is writing it on the wall for the world to see. Fiji is going to be amazing.

Back