390X coming soon few weeks

Before people get too excited about the 300 series listed, remember there was an 8000 series, too.

Hehe.

FKXdo1C.jpg

Remember this from last year?

And someone just had to write a piece about it. Surprise surprise lol

There is one problem though - it's lousy coding of games. Read some reviews of Project Cars, and it looks like the 290 series is unplayable, as it gets much worse results than NV. THere was also the issue of stuttering in FC4. AMD really should work closer with devs, because even if they would have superior hardware, what good it would do, if it will run like 50% worse than competition?

There is one problem though - it's lousy coding of games. Read some reviews of Project Cars, and it looks like the 290 series is unplayable, as it gets much worse results than NV. THere was also the issue of stuttering in FC4. AMD really should work closer with devs, because even if they would have superior hardware, what good it would do, if it will run like 50% worse than competition?

Not much AMD can do about that, other than try to claw back to even footing with regard to market share.

wont matter.
Look at BF4 and dice and Johan Andersson who helped designed Mantle that they broke with Patches in their own BF4 game time and time again.
If the guy designing both the game and the api Mantle cant get it right what chance have FC4 or project cars as they dont do their homework anyhow.

Don't know if I can believe that. Why on earth of all the people out there would wftech have an offical 390X on their hands, and be aloud to show it.

Maybe they have just seen the real thing and they rendered it? Anyways I guess it is some hope.

I rekon Nvidia will release the 980 Ti a few weeks before the 390X just to try and steal some more of the market while they can before the 390X comes out.

Don't those both use Nvidia gameworks?

Don't know if I can believe that. Why on earth of all the people out there would wftech have an offical 390X on their hands, and be aloud to show it.

Maybe they have just seen the real thing and they rendered it? Anyways I guess it is some hope.

I rekon Nvidia will release the 980 Ti a few weeks before the 390X just to try and steal some more of the market while they can before the 390X comes out.

I don't believe that the 300 series will be anything other than an oem line.

I also don't believe that big Maxwell will be a 900 series gpu. Kind of like gtx 780.

That's kinda funny. Some people expected that 380 non X will be gtx 980 killer based on both of them being listed in HP press release :D

Dear michael and araxie google does not bite.
this is the r9 390x.
4096SP 64C 1GHz, 4GB 1.25GHz 4096-bit
www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deedd4e7d3f587ba8aacc9ac91a187f4c9f9&l=en

R9 390
3520SP 44C
www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deeddaeed6f082bf8fa9cca994a482f1ccf4&l=en

R9 380x(Full Fat Hawaii[the R9 290xtx version that amd never bothered to release])
3200SP 40C 947MHz, 3GB
www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deeddbeadbfd8fb282a4c1a499a98ffcc1f9&l=en

all curtesy of sisoft sandra. Specs may change.
:D

Don't those both use Nvidia gameworks?

Yes, and that's the real issue. The tire smoke in Project Cars kills the performance in that game. Why couldn't the developer add Compute smoke effects for AMD cards? Warframe did it and they're no huge developer. I will give SMS credit for trying to get AMD performance up though.

At one point a GTX 560 was much faster than a R9 290x in Project Cars.

this is the r9 390x.
www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deedd4e7d3f587ba8aacc9ac91a187f4c9f9&l=en

R9 390
3520SP 44C
www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deeddaeed6f082bf8fa9cca994a482f1ccf4&l=en

R9 380x(Full Fat Hawaii[the R9 290xtx version that amd never bothered to release])
3200SP 40C 947MHz, 3GB
www.sisoftware.eu/rank2011d/show_run.php?q=c2ffccfddbbadbe6deeddbeadbfd8fb282a4c1a499a98ffcc1f9&l=en

If the 380x is in fact the full-fat Hawaii with 3200sps, that is going to be one big, hot, loud, power-hungry card. Reminds me of my old goat. They should think about putting a tacometer and blower on the front of the cooler :)

If the 380x is in fact the full-fat Hawaii with 3200sps, that is going to be one big, hot, loud, power-hungry card. Reminds me of my old goat. They should think about putting a tacometer and blower on the front of the cooler :)

290x was a full Hawaii die... this was confirmed many times over.

290x was a full Hawaii die... this was confirmed many times over.

Thought that was the case... same as Pitcairn. In that case, we're looking at something different e.g. mini Fiji

They should still consider putting a tac and blower on it though :)

this is the r9 390x.

R9 390
3520SP 44C

3200SP 40C 947MHz, 3GB

And until we have formal specs straight from the horses mouth, or reviewers have cards in hand, this is completely useless information.

Can't trust Sisoft or any other report writer for this stuff. There are engineerin samples, prototypes, etc. etc. that may not be reflective of final product, as well as some of this stuff may be straight up faked.

they will be offering 2 versions.

the water cooled edition with the smaller pcb, and water cooler. Then the air cooled edition which will be a longer card slighter smaller than the 290x.

Performance wise I think it is going to beat out 295x2 and the Titan X at 4k.

they will be offering 2 versions.

the water cooled edition with the smaller pcb, and water cooler. Then the air cooled edition which will be a longer card slighter smaller than the 290x.

Performance wise I think it is going to beat out 295x2 and the Titan X at 4k.

If that turns out to be the case, then i'm in for at least one, maybe 2 cards. Will decide when the reviews are out on the Air cooled or Water cooled editions.

Is it? They've been accurate so far.
However they steal rumors from other sources. WCCFTech is blogspam.

Even a broken clock is right twice a day.

They don't do any fact checking and just post any rumor. How am I supposed to believe anything that comes from that site?

So, the 300 series might be OEM only and we are looking at the 400 series soon?:

AMD Radeon™ 300 Series Graphics for OEM desktops: Additionally, AMD announced the availability of AMD Radeon™ 300 Series desktop graphics, available only through OEMs. The AMD Radeon™ 300 Series GPUs feature AMD’s revolutionary GCN Architecture with full support for DirectX® 12. The product stack will offer a great experience on new Windows® 10 platforms and represents AMD’s commitment to provide the smoothest, high-quality graphics solutions for everyday desktop users. Designs are currently shipping from HP plus additional OEMs shipping soon.

http://www.amd.com/en-us/press-releases/Pages/new-7000-series-apu-2015may06.aspx

Perhaps they are going to leave 3xx to the oems, and fiji will be 490x like they did with 8xxx

Perhaps they are going to leave 3xx to the oems, and fiji will be 490x like they did with 8xxx

Looks like it. AMD is probably clearing out inventory of 2XX chips by having a 3XX series "firesale" to OEMs. Since AMD declared the 380, 370 and 360 OEM ONLY, I doubt we´ll see any retail 3XX cards.

The next generation of retail cards in June is probably 4XX series.

Looks like it. AMD is probably clearing out inventory of 2XX chips by having a 3XX series "firesale" to OEMs. Since AMD declared the 380, 370 and 360 OEM ONLY, I doubt we´ll see any retail 3XX cards.

The next generation of retail cards in June is probably 4XX series.

Did You guys miss Kyle saying 400 series is next year and it will be real next gen ?

Everything starts to fall together nicely

rehashes up to 380 maybe full tonga and one new chip above it and that will be probably everything amd has to show.

Back