390X coming soon few weeks

iusfv.jpg

I thought AMD, or an article posted that AMD was moving to GloFo for even their GPUs, albeit not immediate maybe but eventually.
Its not clear if they're doing for more of their APU's or GPU's. The same rumor popped up a few years back and nothing came of it so some skepticism is warranted here.

I don't think I will buy any AMD without water cooling. Excited to see how the 390X 8 GB Watercooled edition is priced. Anything around the 650 mark means instant buy.

I don't think I will buy any AMD without water cooling. Excited to see how the 390X 8 GB Watercooled edition is priced. Anything around the 650 mark means instant buy.
Yeah put one of those cheap Asetek POS' in your rig and if the pump doesn't fail after a year, it'll bust a leak and ruin all your hardware instead. No thank you.

Yet to hear horror stories about 295X2 watercooling so why do you think this would be a POS solution?

Yet to hear horror stories about 295X2 watercooling so why do you think this would be a POS solution?
Google "CLC leak", have fun.
I'm just giving them a hard time. I'm sure they won't leak and ruin your brand new $600 video card... I mean it's not like it's happened before OH WAIT, yes it has.

tier 3 is full hardware dx12 feature set.

teir 2 is most dx12 hardware feature set,

teir 1 is minimumal dx12 hardware feature set.

Maxwell is currently teir 2 i believe. Depends on the card though.

Leave it to M$ to mess up DX12, Vulkan really needs to get going.

It's interesting to see how the two Mantle derivatives will develop.

I'm just giving them a hard time. I'm sure they won't leak and ruin your brand new $600 video card... I mean it's not like it's happened before OH WAIT, yes it has.

Do you use a horse and buggy to get around town because a car COULD leak or break down, possibly even explode? Do you stay inside all day because a meteor COULD fall out of the sky and kill you? Do you wear a full rubberized suit when plugging things in because you COULD get an electrical shock? Damn those Amish really have it figured out... Google any of those scenario and I am sure it has happened, the internet doesn't lie or exaggerate. Your risk/benefit ratio is far lower than mine and many others it would seem and there is nothing wrong with that, to each their own.

Although if you want to state facts then back up the claim that the pump will fail in a year or bust a leak with some good solid studies. Remember something can have a 1 in 6 billion chance to fail but when it is you, it feels like 100%.

Don't you mean Google computer water cooled leaks? Leaks happen.

Yeah put one of those cheap Asetek POS' in your rig and if the pump doesn't fail after a year, it'll bust a leak and ruin all your hardware instead. No thank you.

I've sold over 100 of those 'POS' asetek derived coolers, as well as used 2 different types over the last 4 years. I have NEVER seen a manufacturing fault leak. I've seen a customer put a screw through the radiator ONCE. I've seen a pump fail out of the box ONCE. Hardly what I would call a huge failure rate.

Get real. I mean it: you have a higher chance of having a Gigabyte branded video card catch fire than a CLC leak. I've seen more faulty Gigabyte video cards than I've seen other branded faults combined. Much more of a risk there than adding a CLC to a card.

Well they are POS compared to a true watercooling loop

:D

Not entirely. The performance isn't on par, but the CLCs require ZERO maintenance and they perform quite well against much larger and noisier HSFs. So if say they are definately a quality part.

I have a custom loop, BTW.

Not entirely. The performance isn't on par, but the CLCs require ZERO maintenance and they perform quite well against much larger and noisier HSFs. So if say they are definately a quality part.

I have a custom loop, BTW.

I think You have that backwards - check [H] reviews for most of corsair junk and you will see CLCs performing at level of good tower cooler at much higher noise levels.

I think You have that backwards - check [H] reviews for most of corsair junk and you will see CLCs performing at level of good tower cooler at much higher noise levels.
Yes, you buy them for aesthetics.
Something like the D14/D15 will smoke CLC's but they are big and bulky. You can't see your pretty blue LED's through your windowed side panel because the giant heatsink is taking up all the space... boohoo...

A question I and most actual people who will purchase these cards have is:

Do you plan on actually supporting Crossfire for new titles? Because I will not bother buying 2 of your cards next time if you continually poo in my face. I will drop 1k for Titan X and be rid of your horrible support.

A question I and most actual people who will purchase these cards ask:

Do you plan on actually supporting Crossfire for new titles? Because I will not bother buying 2 of your cards next time if you continually poo in my face. I will drop 1k for Titan X and be rid of your horrible support.

Why would you need crossfire?

The official reports are mixed. Single 120 rads are easily beaten by huge noctua coolers, but the 240/280s and above are pretty much unparalleled.

The prettiness factor is also a plus.

If leaks are correct one Titan-X will not replace 2x 390X, except in your bank account.

If leaks are correct one Titan-X will not replace 2x 390X, except in your bank account.

2x 390x is very much worthless if Crossfire support does not exist. I am frankly getting very tired of the same old game, I am approaching 32 years. I don't have time to wait for AMD to release a FUCKING CROSSFIRE PROFILE. Fucking sick of it. I literally cannot play modern games. Dying Light, Evolve, etc. I cannot play new games because AMD sucks. Fuck them. Anyone from AMD wanna comment? Because right now. I am calling them out. Where you at, losers.

I think what he's saying is that because the Titan X is unlikely to be leaps and bounds above the 390X IF current leaks are true, you'd still need more than one Titan X if you wanted something resembling 390X CF performance.

2x 390x is very much worthless if Crossfire support does not exist. I am frankly getting very tired of the same old game, I am approaching 32 years. I don't have time to wait for AMD to release a FUCKING CROSSFIRE PROFILE. Fucking sick of it. I literally cannot play modern games. Dying Light, Evolve, etc. I cannot play new games because AMD sucks. Fuck them. Anyone from AMD wanna comment? Because right now. I am calling them out. Where you at, losers.
390X CrossFire will be great if you're playing Tomb Raider, Far Cry 3, and so on. Games from 2+ years ago. Or if you feel comfortable waiting 6+ months for every new game's CrossFire profile.
Personally I choose to play games when I want to play them, and I don't want to be tied down to AMD's Crossfire schedule which is completely unreliable.

If I were ever interested in multi-GPU setups (I'm not), I would exclusively limit myself to Nvidia. I absolutely could not blow $1,000 on GPU's and deal with AMD's bullshit.

Last edited:

If some of the rumors are true 1k wont even get you one titan x. Also if you are buying just one titan x why wouldn't one 390x be suffiecient for your needs.

Don't be fucking facetious, I have little appetite for Game of Trolls this time around. I am an AMD fanboy who is literally upset at AMD. Don't raise my blood pressure, Lord.

I'm trolling?
You are the one that is making ridiculous claims and on the verge of tears acting like your life depends on playing fucking video games.

Pull your shit together man.

Back