390X coming soon few weeks

They aren't beholden to you anymore in the age of social media.

One might even argue, that in the Apple age of dictatorial control of the message, the media are enemies, not friends of the marketing department.

Without the media, the marketing department gets to fully control the message, at the expense of the customers who are then less able to make informed decisions.

I think the anti-AMD sites are getting stonewalled, but legit sites are probably going to have review hardware within days or less of the formal announcement. I think it'll be a week before we see Fury on shelves even while 3xx is out for sale now.

I think the anti-AMD sites are getting stonewalled, but legit sites are probably going to have review hardware within days or less of the formal announcement. I think it'll be a week before we see Fury on shelves even while 3xx is out for sale now.
Well TechReport should be pitching a fit.

Only way to find out is if Kyle enters this thread and tells us if review samples were given out or not. :)

I think the sad thing that Ryan is talking about are these cards are being launched without reviews taking place.

And if they are in their hands, the NDA prevents them from talking about it and educating the public that these are upclocked hawaii cards.

There a chance that these cards haven't been sent to reviewers yet and have only been sent to retailers to sell.

Anyone buying these cars are going in blind seeing if these are new chips or not. The now famous 390x unboxing video shows, that some people think this is fiji. Which might have been what AMD wanted. Not being FIJI in particular, but AMD new next gen top of the line.

who the hell buys anything from BB that is even remotely tech savy?

I bought my 4850 before launch day for $150...

I remember being really excited to get a Radeon 4850 from Best Buy many years ago because of the deal I got. The 4850 was supposed to go on sale on a Monday if I remember right. Either the previous Thursday or Friday they had a special weekend coupon for 20% off Visiontek cards. The goal was for them to clear out the old cards. Then someone spotted the 4850 cards on the shelf early and so everyone went nuts trying to get them. Instead of $200 they were $160 which was a nice discount for a new card like that. I think that's the last computer part I bought from them.

Yep. Had to call a manager over and show him the advertised listing and SKU#.

To think I thought about buying it and running a bench mark on it until I realized I don't have anything to current to do it. I have 3DMark and that's it. (A benchmark I don't care for.) I can run WoW in Eyefinity and that is about it. The only taxing game I have is Crysis 2. I own Crysis 1 but it won't run on Win 8 for me.

My backlog is mostly games in which these cards are already overkill and because of this I figured I'd wait till someone else buys it to properly benchmark it.

Anyway, disappointed the guy hasn't run GPU_Z to confirm the SP count.

Ryan Strout was just whining on twitter about it...

https://twitter.com/ryanshrout/status/609437983134089216

poor baby didnt get invited to the party...

lol

With the amount of trolling this Ryan Strout does, reading that made me smile. He must be on his direct line green phone as we write this.

My guess all this is just to keep a limit on the amount of leaks ahead of their major event. That AMD invited RT+ members for a special unveiling does show they are quite proud of what they have produced.

We will read reviews, of that there is no doubt.

Ya know when movies are so bad that no previews are sent to critics ahead of release?

Wish it was 140mm diameter actually. Would fit my air 540 better and run cooler. Bigger the better to a point. I think it will be the same thickness of a regular radiator with fan attached. It's just shrouded together so it looks big

Wish it was 140mm diameter actually. Would fit my air 540 better and run cooler. Bigger the better to a point. I think it will be the same thickness of a regular radiator with fan attached. It's just shrouded together so it looks big

I wholeheartedly agree...need a 140mm rad variant to look sweet tucked away in my Air 540 case! Before the pics with a recessed fan I was thinking about rigging it up to one of my 140mm intake fans with zip ties or some other method of southern engineering. I could still do that with 980ti hybrid, should the new AMD gpus not hold a great perf/$$ ratio.

Then you would see everyone bitching because it isn't 120mm and won't fit in their case...
K.I.S.S.

Then you would see everyone bitching because it isn't 120mm and won't fit in their case...
K.I.S.S.

Yea I understand the reason it is 120mm. I'm sure people will bitch about the thickness too. But I also think someone could design a 140 mm radiator that can be attached to both as long as they don't need the clearance

The thicker rad the better (yes horrible statement LOL). I mean thats going to give it the total possible max overclocking room it can have.

Question is how much is the overclocking room. Thats the million dollar question. How well does HBM overclock?

apparently you can flash the BIOS of a 390 into a 290/Hawaii card and get the same performance (minus the extra 4GB VRAM though)

The thicker rad the better (yes horrible statement LOL). I mean thats going to give it the total possible max overclocking room it can have.

Question is how much is the overclocking room. Thats the million dollar question. How well does HBM overclock?
I don't think overclocking HBM is going to be the make-or-break when you have >600GB/s of bandwidth. Probably more important to see how the core overclocks.

apparently you can flash the BIOS of a 390 into a 290/Hawaii card and get the same performance (minus the extra 4GB VRAM though)

You're telling me someone bought a 390 and promptly flashed the BIOS? Where did you see this.

§kynet;1041661842 said:
You're telling me someone bought a 390 and promptly flashed the BIOS? Where did you see this.

More like someone bought a 390, pulled the BIOS, then flashed a 290 they had.

With the difficulty of trying to get my hands on 980 ti hybrid. This is starting to look like a good possible second option. I just hope it isn't also ridiculously limited so that it is nearly impossible to get one.

I don't know if bitcoin mining is still a thing, but I wish they would put a poison pill in the drivers or something that for the first few months makes them useless for mining, to avoid the supply problem, especially if what we are hearing about limited HBM supply is true...

Zarathustra[H];1041661840 said:
The whole ram bandwidth thing from HBM is much ado about nothing.

Not when it comes to 4k+ gaming.

Now I don't care how much performance it increases. All I want to know is, will HBM on an interposer overclock poorly? I mean no one has ever used HBM, so thats why I am curious about it.

To me the more memory bandwidth the better. It could be why AMD is releasing 8k SS. If you want to game at that high of a resolution you NEED memory Bandwidth AND GPU horsepower.

Well apparantly the Fury X is coming with a dual Bios switch. Do any of the 980 Ti and Titan x reference come with this?

Sounds like AMD planned it to be overclockable. Hopefully that means it has alot room for it.

No one seen this?

http://www.pcper.com/news/Graphics-...X-Graphics-Card-Pictured-Uses-2-x-8-pin-Power

fury05.jpg

fury00.jpg

fury12.jpg

fury01.jpg

Back