390X AMD Video Card-when will come out?

nah, it wil probably be under $600.

AIBs factory OC $650 maybe.

hey good price 650 oc......I have 7970 be msi lightning the new 390x oc will kick its ass ....YES?

I would hope so since the 290x kicks the 7970/280x's ass already.

Mostly just rumors.

Well have to see how they release them.

It took a good 3 months for the 290/x AIBs to show up after the reference release.

Going from a 7970 to a 390x should net you close to 30% improvement i would guess assuming the 390x is at least 15% better than the 290x

Mostly just rumors.

Well have to see how they release them.

It took a good 3 months for the 290/x AIBs to show up after the reference release.

Going from a 7970 to a 390x should net you close to 30% improvement i would guess assuming the 390x is at least 15% better than the 290x

I will call you the Brain, thanks for the good solid imfo...
I can wait or rather there's more to come in waiting, next will be 4k 144hz or more IPS monitor 27"

The 390X should also be a die shrink so we may get a larger performance boost then expected.

And rumours that they will finally use HBM so we might get massive gains in the amount of memory and bandwidth on the card.

The 390X should also be a die shrink so we may get a larger performance boost then expected.

And rumours that they will finally use HBM so we might get massive gains in the amount of memory and bandwidth on the card.

I can hardly wait....amd cards have always worked better than nvdia with my crosshair5-z board croshair4 and 3 boards......
msi lightnings are the cards I get, my msi lightning 7990boosted edition is still great
so I waited out the 290x and this 390x will do me just fine...thanks:)

If they ARE using HBM, we can expect some impressive AA and 4k/eyefinity performance, as memory bandwidth is the big killer here. The main rumours are that the top-end single GPU card will have a closed-loop hybrid air/water cooling system similar in many ways to the dual-chip 295X2. This means one of two things:
A) regardless if how much TDP headroom they gained through the die-shrink and architecture improvements: AMD are going to hold nothing back on speccing the top-end card.

B) the TDP gains are not enough for AMD to compete on air alone.

Nvidia will have some 20nm Maxwell parts by then. GTX 980 Ti or Titan 2.
I hope AMD doesn't pull another Hawaii.

The 980Ti (by my theories) is already manufactured, bundled and ready to ship to AIBs under heavy NDA. It has been since the launch of the 980. As soon as AMD make a peep in the top end market, Nvidia will flood the shelves with priced-to-compete 980Tis that offer a huge performance jump over the vanilla 980.

The 980Ti (by my theories) is already manufactured, bundled and ready to ship to AIBs under heavy NDA. It has been since the launch of the 980. As soon as AMD make a peep in the top end market, Nvidia will flood the shelves with priced-to-compete 980Tis that offer a huge performance jump over the vanilla 980.

Please show any evidence of that at all? Post up your theories.

When Nvidia have the 980ti ready they will release it, no matter what AMD have out. Most rumour sites have it coming in December while AMD aren't due to release anything until February.

I have my fingers crossed for a holliday 2014 release but I believe rumors are saying February 2015. Not too long of a wait if you ask me since It's only 5 days away from November.

I have my fingers crossed for a holliday 2014 release but I believe rumors are saying February 2015. Not too long of a wait if you ask me since It's only 5 days away from November.

if u happen to know ....after the 390x start coming out when do you think, I kind of forgot myself the times from before on other cards from the past, when will msi make there msi lightning 390x card....roughly?

if u happen to know ....after the 390x start coming out when do you think, I kind of forgot myself the times from before on other cards from the past, when will msi make there msi lightning 390x card....roughly?

Maybe 2 months after is what I usually remember.

Toxics are even better, but they didnt make one this series...

hey brain....please help me...
I have a ips dell 24" 5 or 6 ms monitor now for about when they 1st came out...3 or 4 years ago works fine...

I was hoping I could or get a ips 4k 144hz.........or just a 27" 144hz or higher...
I don't watch movies on my system, I do have a old FW900 Sony, im giving it away as soon as the guy shows up, to get it

anyway I want a monitor better and faster than this 24"dell ultra I have.....I hear I have to wait, can you guide or show me any links.....going to work now buddy thanks:)

If we're all going there lets not forget the Powercolor Devil 13's :D

show_img.asp

Last edited:
hey brain....please help me...
I have a ips dell 24" 5 or 6 ms monitor now for about when they 1st came out...3 or 4 years ago works fine...

I was hoping I could or get a ips 4k 144hz.........or just a 27" 144hz or higher...
I don't watch movies on my system, I do have a old FW900 Sony, im giving it away as soon as the guy shows up, to get it

anyway I want a monitor better and faster than this 24"dell ultra I have.....I hear I have to wait, can you guide or show me any links.....going to work now buddy thanks:)

There really arent any IPS 144hz panels over 24"

BenQ should have some coming soon.

thanks guys i'm looking forward in the 390x and a new monitor, by the way Lord, PLS i'm sure this is newer technology and it will go 27" ?

PLS is just Samsung's version of IPS ,it supposed to be a little better.

PLS is just Samsung's version of IPS ,it supposed to be a little better.

PLS seems like a fusion between IPS and TN. It has IPS's strengths but can run at faster rates without blurring out. I'm laying back to see if a PLS or IPS freesync/Gsync monitor comes out. I am on the market for something but it has to kick ass. I'm probably going single 27 inch 25x14 Synced monitor solution. Not sure if freesync or Gsync. :)

PLS has actually been around for a while in mobile phones.

It doesn't scale well to big panels, which is why its taking Samsung so long to get them out.

one of the best features is the fact that it doesnt require a rigid substrate, like AMOLED, so they can be made flexible.

They also supposedly have better viewing angles, and are brighter than IPS.

Id wait to see if the free-sync latency rumors that Nvidiots are complaining about pan out.

Last edited:
I have a lot to learn from you gentlemen, will all wait and see which is best when benQ Samsung all the big dogs bring there stuff out.......hey I just bought some LED lightning and put it in my system do you want to see a pix?

I ordered this when they came out N780 I new in 30 seconds or less my 7970 BE was way better in SPEED...I sold it real fast lost 250 dollars just to dump it.....my buddy sold it for me thru HF
AMD ALL THE WAY FOR ME!

v5zf5z.jpg

Last edited:

Please do share. 2 days later we are waiting breathlessly for your response. Specially since its well know that the 980 is a FULL part and nothing has been cut from it. And since their budget friendly GTX960 money maker hasn't been announced, along with their GTX990 dual gpu, power efficient monster has't been leaked either. Dying for some insight please! :eek:

I ordered this when they came out N780 I new in 30 seconds or less my 7970 BE was way better in SPEED...I sold it real fast lost 250 dollars just to dump it.....my buddy sold it for me thru HF
AMD ALL THE WAY FOR ME!

Are you trying to say that your HD7970 its faster than a GTX 780 Lightning? :confused: I just want to understand..

Are you trying to say that your HD7970 its faster than a GTX 780 Lightning? :confused: I just want to understand..

I have always had bad Luck with NVidia, so I gave it a try with the N780 (not Ti model)
I loaded with cd drivers and software, was very disappointed, for some reason they run better on Intel, my opinion....
my 7970BE Lightning MSI is at 1100core clock x1500 mem. in my opinion AMD GPU's always run better with all my amd boards CH5,CH4, CH3...
SNAP FAST EXUCUTION, i'm not a video expert like you guys just a user....AMD all the way for me from all my experiences :)

that seems odd.

A 780 should be significantly faster than a 7970.

Could be a configuration issue of some form.

possibly Mac, it could be compatibility problem it was a problem to me went back to this 7970BE
just added some Led Bar Lighting yesterday......
to me after what I have seen amd vs nvida.. my opinion on,I will stick to amd all the way

d9riw.jpg

I have always had bad Luck with NVidia, so I gave it a try with the N780 (not Ti model)
I loaded with cd drivers and software, was very disappointed, for some reason they run better on Intel, my opinion....
my 7970BE Lightning MSI is at 1100core clock x1500 mem. in my opinion AMD GPU's always run better with all my amd boards CH5,CH4, CH3...
SNAP FAST EXUCUTION, i'm not a video expert like you guys just a user....AMD all the way for me from all my experiences :)

I have 1100 and 1550 on a 7950 boost on a 20 percent power limit, no volt mod and honestly I am not even artifact-ing yet. Honestly though I still hate the card. Just saying you could go higher on a 7970 or should be able to.

Back