3870 x2 release today

I'm gonna repeat this. I don't believe those benchmarks we've seen on the grey background are honest. There is no CPU benchmark in the score which leads me to believe some scale tipping is taking place.

We'll see if this thing can even beat the 8800 ULTRA--As far as I'm concerned nothing like what I've seen is credible unless it's from a solid, known, and reputable reviewer (Like ATT, [H])

To all of the nVidiots who've claimed they were one in the past (I'll find you all, believe me) and those who say "ATI is making me change my allegance" will be quoted and put in a file which I will make my signature after compiling and citing the names of each person-- None of you will escape I promise.

I'm the biggest nVidia fanboy and I laugh at this card (I could get 2 at MSRP for 479 canadian if I wanted since the store I go to has 10 already but NDA says the 28th).

You so-called nVidiots, leave the club and never come back-- You're not welcome. I die by my own sword which was initially the GeForce 256.

Man I hate people who claim they're brand loyalists and then say "Oh well I'm gonna change sides". You never were one to begin with if you even THINK about it

I'm gonna repeat this. I don't believe those benchmarks we've seen on the grey background are honest. There is no CPU benchmark in the score which leads me to believe some scale tipping is taking place.

We'll see if this thing can even beat the 8800 ULTRA--As far as I'm concerned nothing like what I've seen is credible unless it's from a solid, known, and reputable reviewer (Like ATT, [H])

To all of the nVidiots who've claimed they were one in the past (I'll find you all, believe me) and those who say "ATI is making me change my allegance" will be quoted and put in a file which I will make my signature after compiling and citing the names of each person-- None of you will escape I promise.

I'm the biggest nVidia fanboy and I laugh at this card (I could get 2 at MSRP for 479 canadian if I wanted since the store I go to has 10 already but NDA says the 28th).

You so-called nVidiots, leave the club and never come back-- You're not welcome. I die by my own sword which was initially the GeForce 256.

Man I hate people who claim they're brand loyalists and then say "Oh well I'm gonna change sides". You never were one to begin with if you even THINK about it

Heh fanbois are funny.

To you it's just materialistic value-- Such shallowness.
You guys never count your chickens before they hatch.

Lets see here:

1. If it wasn't for nVidia we'd be enjoying *possibly* AGP 8x RAGE3D 32mb cards
2. If it wasn't for nVidia we'd care more about a TV tuner on our video card over things we care about (fillrate, theoretical bandwidth, what kind of ram it uses, pixel pipeline-- all that good stuff)
3. If it wasn't for nVidia we'd be in the fucking graphical stone-age.

Open your eyes people, fanboy or not, there have been fanboys since the 9700 pro came out. ATI won ONE fucking round, ONE! And look, there are ATI fanboys who claim ATI knew what they were doing when they made the 9700-- Like hell they did, it was because of nVidia's poor drivers (Thanks Futuremark, jerks) that nVidia even lost that round.

You want to call the x1900xtx a victory? It barely beat a REFRESHed card that was 8 months older, where was that performance ATI claimed would be unstoppable? I knew people who held off because they felt ATI's offering would be better. Where did this garbage come from that we've started to respect ATi for ONE victory? Yeah they won ONCE but now they're losing AMD money!

Am I mad? Of course I am, some people here have no loyalty to people who give us what we enjoy today and pushed the technology barrier. nVidia was their OWN competition for the past years, one card made them wakeup when they had 99 percent of the enthusiast market, and ever since they haven't let it slip. I don't want to hear no "IQ x1900 PWNS the SHIMMAR on 7800 GTX OMFG" because I don't want to HEAR it. You back up your claim 6-8 months you SOFT launch a card you claim will beat the great nVidia offering.

Just a video card? Yeah then nVidia is "just" a company. I hate nVidia for making crappy boards and I agree they should bow out of that sector, but to say that I don't know what's true and not because I'm a fanboy is FALSE.

If nVidia is just a company then don't play games, because if I recall correctly for the past 10 years they're the reason we enjoy games the way we do. They bought 3dFX and "stole" technology in the eyes of people who are older than I am (Which may very well be true as we know 3dFX was king for a while) and I have no argument or bone to pick with anyone other than those who suck the ATI-flacid pole.

Again, this isn't an insult to anyone who wants "price/performance" because I understand money isn't made on trees and that everyone has priorities but to those who love to post their "high end" stuff in their sig and even tell us the thermal grease better come out and answer my bell because I"m worked up that someone says "it's just a piece of hardware".

Yeah, if I take TheBluePill's approach then I can say:
- Abraham Lincoln was "just" another human.
- The Beatles were "just" another rock band.
- Evolution is "just" a theory
- The sun is "just" light
- Edison was "just" another inventor
- The wheel is "just" a circle.

Behind everything there is a complete chronology and offering of how things came to be, why not look up nVidia's? As far as I'm concerned when we all reflect on companies that pushed it to the limit when there was no competition, had technological evolutions that helped not just the computer sector but the world (Like intel's 45nm fabrication process-- read up on it), we'll all think Intel and nVidia.

"Just" another video card creator. Ingrate.

^^^^^^^^^^^
Limpgawd

Yeah who cares. It is just a video card at the end of the day, man. If nVidia didn't make all the progress some other company would have.

I'm not taking it seriously, I just get pissed off because people are so used to nVidia that they begin to shortchange them. I just want people to stop taking nVidia for-granted.

Lets see here:

2. If it wasn't for nVidia we'd care more about a TV tuner on our video card over things we care about (fillrate, theoretical bandwidth, what kind of ram it uses, pixel pipeline-- all that good stuff)

Open your eyes people, fanboy or not, there have been fanboys since the 9700 pro came out. ATI won ONE fucking round, ONE! And look, there are ATI fanboys who claim ATI knew what they were doing when they made the 9700-- Like hell they did, it was because of nVidia's poor drivers (Thanks Futuremark, jerks) that nVidia even lost that round.

You want to call the x1900xtx a victory? It barely beat a REFRESHed card that was 8 months older, where was that performance ATI claimed would be unstoppable? I knew people who held off because they felt ATI's offering would be better. Where did this garbage come from that we've started to respect ATi for ONE victory? Yeah they won ONCE but now they're losing AMD money!

Am I mad? Of course I am, some people here have no loyalty to people who give us what we enjoy today and pushed the technology barrier. nVidia was their OWN competition for the past years, one card made them wakeup when they had 99 percent of the enthusiast market, and ever since they haven't let it slip. I don't want to hear no "IQ x1900 PWNS the SHIMMAR on 7800 GTX OMFG" because I don't want to HEAR it. You back up your claim 6-8 months you SOFT launch a card you claim will beat the great nVidia offering.

Just a video card? Yeah then nVidia is "just" a company. I hate nVidia for making crappy boards and I agree they should bow out of that sector, but to say that I don't know what's true and not because I'm a fanboy is FALSE.

If nVidia is just a company then don't play games, because if I recall correctly for the past 10 years they're the reason we enjoy games the way we do. They bought 3dFX and "stole" technology in the eyes of people who are older than I am (Which may very well be true as we know 3dFX was king for a while) and I have no argument or bone to pick with anyone other than those who suck the ATI-flacid pole.

Again, this isn't an insult to anyone who wants "price/performance" because I understand money isn't made on trees and that everyone has priorities but to those who love to post their "high end" stuff in their sig and even tell us the thermal grease better come out and answer my bell because I"m worked up that someone says "it's just a piece of hardware".

Behind everything there is a complete chronology and offering of how things came to be, why not look up nVidia's? As far as I'm concerned when we all reflect on companies that pushed it to the limit when there was no competition, had technological evolutions that helped not just the computer sector but the world (Like intel's 45nm fabrication process-- read up on it), we'll all think Intel and nVidia.

There are thousands of inventors, computer hardware manufacturers, politicians, rock bands and the like..

I think you will find that the vast majority, if not all, of your examples are of people/things that just came along at the right moment and if that particular person or thing did not happen to come along, someone/somthing else would have.

If you want to be grateful for something, thank the human spirit for invention, creation and its problem solving nature.

nVidia makes a good product, I have used them far more often than not. But if they hadn't come along, someone else would have, its the way a free market works.

There are thousands of inventors, computer hardware manufacturers, politicians, rock bands and the like..

I think you will find that the vast majority, if not all, of your examples are of people/things that just came along at the right moment and if that particular person or thing did not happen to come along, someone/somthing else would have.

If you want to be grateful for something, thank the human spirit for invention, creation and its problem solving nature.

nVidia makes a good product, I have used them far more often than not. But if they hadn't come along, someone else would have, its the way a free market works.

Who? Dude the last time I recall ATi's offering was close/better other than recently was the 9700. They were a joe-blow company. 3dfx was beginning to tank. Who was going to pick up the slack?

The Beatles didn't do it at the "right" time. Infact they were a few years PRIOR to the Who, Stones and the others which gave them the right. Creating a new sound - not easy. Read up on the Abbey road sessions.

Who? Dude the last time I recall ATi's offering was close/better other than recently was the 9700. They were a joe-blow company. 3dfx was beginning to tank. Who was going to pick up the slack?

The Beatles didn't do it at the "right" time. Infact they were a few years PRIOR to the Who, Stones and the others which gave them the right. Creating a new sound - not easy. Read up on the Abbey road sessions.

Call me Jaded, but I have been buying performance computer hardware for 20 years and I have seen the latest and greatest come and go too many times to count. In the end, being a die-hard 'Diamond' video card Fanboi 15 years ago ammounts to a hill of beans for now. Different companies spring up and go back down, companies come out to compete and sometimes go away. Even nVidia is not immune to this, another company can come along and innovate its way past them.

nVidia and 3DFX wasnt the start of the revolution, You can tip your hat off to other companies long before that if you really want to be 'grateful'.

The Beatles didnt start everything either. The pushed the movement, just like Led Zepplin and then Trent Reznor and then the Next "big thing"..

Darwin isnt the last word on Evolution either and Lincoln was a Tyrant.

You must be vastly uneducated OR Emo if you think Zeppelin was as good as the Beatles. Same with Reznor. Your integrity and worthinesst o argue has been nullified

You must be vastly uneducated OR Emo if you think Zeppelin was as good as the Beatles. Same with Reznor. Your integrity and worthinesst o argue has been nullified

Oh.. Sling some mud because I have different tastes in music.

Loser.

Well, Abraham Lincoln was ok, and I do not care for The Beatles, to me they were just another rock band.

Evolution is cool and I have had too many seriously unfortunate nvidia driver problems such as the nf3 & 6800gt issues and recently the 7900gt and vista screen corruption. The nf3 & 6800gt problem lasted over a year and the 7900gt problem was only fixable with a work around afaik that was not done by nvidia. I also can not fail to mention my ram killing 680 mb.

So, fuck nvidia and I'm glad another company is out there so were not trapped in nvidia hell and I am planning on getting an x2.

Video cards are srs bzns.

McCartney, no one cares, seriously. Ultimately, it's the customers who decide which company wins the "rounds".

No.. Really.
Zeppelin may have been a great show or act but to musically site them with the likes of the Beatles or any worthy British Invasion band is an insult. I respect your taste I'm just telling you from a critical standpoint

Well, Abraham Lincoln was ok, and I do not care for The Beatles, to me they were just another rock band.

Evolution is cool and I have had too many seriously unfortunate nvidia driver problems such as the nf3 & 6800gt issues and recently the 7900gt and vista screen corruption. The nf3 & 6800gt problem lasted over a year and the 7900gt problem was only fixable with a work around afaik that was not done by nvidia. I also can not fail to mention my ram killing 680 mb.

So, fuck nvidia and I'm glad another company is out there so were not trapped in nvidia hell and I am planning on getting an x2.

I haven't had a driver problem and I've had an nVidia 5900 Ultra. Which I flashed to 5950 no problems.. Point is that I've had nearly every evolution and I haven't had one problem with an nVidia product other than their board. So... Dunno what else to say to you.

I hope that your issues get fixed because ATI isn't the answer. I'll pay for the first hour to see the shrink.. You take paypal?

Yup, I refused to buy a fluke. Call me crazy but I didn't believe that after nVidia made a card that did well on every benchmark and was called a fraud by Futuremark (Cheaters to be exact) because it spanked the 9700 with superior hardware that I could buy a fluke.

edit: it is very loud to say the least

Oh.. Sling some mud because I have different tastes in music.

Loser.
Rofflecoptor.

I appreciate the Beatles, while I'm not a fan of them. Meanwhile you've got to think - would ________ (insert industry or whatnot here) be the same without ______________ (insert object from industry or whatnot here)?

The answer - We dont' know.

Anyways, I do have to agree with someone. If amd/ati or nvidia goes away, another 'great' company will thake it's place inthe lineup and create some new competitive atmosphere. Intel is comming up with a GPU, yeah? There ya go!

Who? Dude the last time I recall ATi's offering was close/better other than recently was the 9700.

X1900s >> 7900s

??

Edit: NVM you were asking other than recently. In that case I don't know, wasn't into the computer scene so much then. I was a console... kiddie.

X1900s >> 7900s

??

Edit: NVM you were asking other than recently. In that case I don't know, wasn't into the computer scene so much then. I was a console... kiddie.

And while I concede the x1900 was marginally better, it also came out 3 months after a crap launch of the original x1800 that was supposed to OWN the 7800. All nvidia did was up the clockspeed and waited for the x1900. Not bad for 9 month old tech.

Lincoln was a Tyrant and Osama bin Laden is a Uncle Tom!

Brilliant! Hit us with another!

On topic: Head-up @ 1920x1080, GX2 or 3870X2? I hope the benches include PCI-E 2.0 & 1.0 testing so we can see if there is a difference.

Another question, is nvidia (or a partner) ever going to come out with another high-end VIVO card?

This isn't even biased man, but GX2 if you're willing to spend the 100-120ish more.
The GX2 will be G92 based and the 8800 GTs already melt faces (Get better and better with drivers) so imagine that against the 3870s.

i had a 6800gt for cod1 good card
then cod 2 came along , no dx9 goodnes for me with my 6800gt
so what do one do yes no more buying second best go for the all mighty 7800gtx
gues what stil no dx9 goodness had to step back to dx7 while a freind bought a x1900xtx
amazing!!!!!!! it runs cod 2 in dx9 while his brothers xfx 7800gtx xxx has the same poor performance in dx9 as mine
thanx nividia for making a great card:D

let me now introduce my self
i am a regular visitor on this forum , but after someones post about pro nvidia i had to post something to lighten this thread a bit up
so i won't post that often but i visit here on a regular basis
i'm dutch so forgive me my foulty englisch , i'm trying

generaly speaking there is a lot of good stuf floating around here and i have somethings put to good use that i learnd here thank u

so lets put somethig that i learned to good use
wait and see te real benchies then and only then you have at least something to fund your opinion on , how misplaesed it may be

cheers , pint

i had a 6800gt for cod1 good card
then cod 2 came along , no dx9 goodnes for me with my 6800gt
so what do one do yes no more buying second best go for the all mighty 7800gtx
gues what stil no dx9 goodness had to step back to dx7 while a freind bought a x1900xtx
amazing!!!!!!! it runs cod 2 in dx9 while his brothers xfx 7800gtx xxx has the same poor performance in dx9 as mine
thanx nividia for making a great card:D

let me now introduce my self
i am a regular visitor on this forum , but after someones post about pro nvidia i had to post something to lighten this thread a bit up
so i won't post that often but i visit here on a regular basis
i'm dutch so forgive me my foulty englisch , i'm trying

generaly speaking there is a lot of good stuf floating around here and i have somethings put to good use that i learnd here thank u

so lets put somethig that i learned to good use
wait and see te real benchies then and only then you have at least something to fund your opinion on , how misplaesed it may be

cheers , pint

Post of the year. God Bless those beer chuggin', overclockin', wreckless-poker-playin' Dutch!

Well said man. And I completely agree with you.

I can not wait till the 3870x2 comes out. Been waiting for ati to answer with something since 9700pro. I've done 4 upgrades of nvidia card since then. Its almost time for me to jump back with ati.

I just cant wait till be get benches that do 3870x2 vs 9800gx2. That will be the decideing factor on what i upgrade to.

Right now i have the g92 8800gt 512mb. But, i am going to do evga step up, but if 3870x2 destroys nvidas answer. Then i will be selling my ste up card and jumping on ati again.

Hope ati finnaly found the answer to nvidia...

after a crap launch of the original x1800 that was supposed to OWN the 7800.

Umm no, ati stated that if they could get the clock speeds they were shooting for then it would be a faster card. The only people saying it would "own" anything were ati fans, but for some reason people take fan statements and make it out like it was the company that said it....

wow , Lots of bashing going on thats not GPU related lol....Your comparing Music/Talent to Computer hardware? weird...

ANYWAYS- This card is great- im happy they came out with it for the simple reason that COMPETITION IS A CONSUMERS BEST FRIEND.

Nvidia has had the road for a long time and im so happy for that- And i know they will have it with the same cards for even longer- prob this whole year we'll still hear about 8800 ULTRA. which is great, as I hate that the last card i bought got CREAMED 5 months later by the 8 series.

Here is one fact though- For those who have SLI configs and For those looking into CF Configs with these.

Here in canada HD 3870X2's are going for 525.00 and 8800 Ultras going for 629.00 the fact that in some games the 3870x2 beats the 8800 ultra (2 GPU's in one thoug hi know who cares if its 2 ) and in other games the 8800 ultra beats 3870x2. After a year the 8800 ultra sitll has great GPU Real estate.

But for those who are extreme (LIKE ME!) putting 2-HD 3870X2's in QuadCF and 2-8800 Ultras in SLI-- if you think 3870x2's would win- youd be wrong.

Even though on paper you would think it would- Look at waht scaling and drivers have taught us in the past? The fact that some fanboy and leak chinese sites give info means nothing- some how CF scaling has got a lot better in the past month and good for ATI for doing this- but there are still games that dont register CF- that have poor CF Scaling- I saw benchmarks 2 weeks ago where 2 3870's in CF were close to 2 8800 GTX's but in other games 2 3870's in CF couldnt even catch up to one 8800GT.....
Quad GPU's have suckedi nthe past - and they might be a bit better this round- but still not up to par of scalability of SLI. SLI this year to me - finally was worth it- Before that i thought there was no reason for SLI even because of drivers and scalability.

Call me a fanboy- but im not- I could care less who or what company i buy a Video card from-

But for those who are extreme (LIKE ME!) putting 2-HD 3870X2's in QuadCF and 2-8800 Ultras in SLI-- if you think 3870x2's would win- youd be wrong.

We've seen nothing to see what crossfired x2's would perform like. As far as im aware sites have yet to get the driver enabling it. Making blanket statement like that with zero facts to back it up is pointless. Bottom line is we know nothing untill its reviewed, and untill then all we can do is speculate.

I saw benchmarks 2 weeks ago where 2 3870's in CF were close to 2 8800 GTX's but in other games 2 3870's in CF couldnt even catch up to one 8800GT.....

They are driver issues. A single HD 3870 was getting higher scores then two in CrossFire in certain games. Like the post before me you can't compare a card that has been out for a year with many driver dates against a graphics card that is not out and has no official drivers.

As stated previously - I am making a blanketed statement simply from seeing what has happened in the Past.
As far as CF and drivers- CF has had issues for a while and they havent been fixed. I also dont beleive that Drivers will improve the Card significantly. The 3870 has been out for 3 months.

These things are insane by themselves yet people are planning on buying 2??! No game is gonna use 1 let alone 2 o_O

These things are insane by themselves yet people are planning on buying 2??! No game is gonna use 1 let alone 2 o_O

Whatever. Three 8800GTX's in SLI beat out a single 3870 X2 by a healthy margin. Yet I still feel the need for more performance in some games. People who say that no one needs this stuff and nothing will take advantage of these cards or push them has never run modern games on a 30" monitor at native resolution.

Lets see here:

Only thing I could possibly say about this is one Sentance.

If it wasn't for Nvidia, 3dfx would still be king.

3dfx ftw.

Back