3820 for cheap

Oh my bad... I didn't even realize it was in store only. I just found out 2 weeks ago I have the OP Kansas store 25 min from me all this time. Was bitchen all these years about how theres no good PC stores around me anymore lol.

Its a shame I bought mine in the store for 599 and they are 499 not but 3 months later.

There is an MC about 20 minutes from my house. I'll wait until the 1155 variant starts to show up and sell my 2500k. Although I am wondering if I would really notice any difference between the two. I run my 2500k at 4.5 Ghz. :confused:

I picked up an i7-2600K from MC this past Friday for $200. Keep your eyes open it seems they're having these great deals on SB processors to move out some inventory before IB arrives!

·PitBuLL·;1038618188 said:
I picked up an i7-2600K from MC this past Friday for $200. Keep your eyes open it seems they're having these great deals on SB processors to move out some inventory before IB arrives!

This price is ridiculous!! This is the way to buy pc gear. It hurts too much being an early adopter.

Its a shame I bought mine in the store for 599 and they are 499 not but 3 months later.
Not an [H] question but a serious one to a Socket 2011 owner: Do you feel that the 3930k was worth it when $599 could have bought you three 2600k's for the same price?

Not an [H] question but a serious one to a Socket 2011 owner: Do you feel that the 3930k was worth it when $599 could have bought you three 2600k's for the same price?

I'm running tri-sli 480's at 7680x1600. The switch from my old i7 930 allowed my fps at 7680x1600 to play like I was at 5760x1200 on the old x58 setup.

For me it was totally worth it, but then again I have an atypical setup.

Damn, X79 keeps looking more and more attractive to me, especially with some members selling X79 boards for cheap.

Man I am so tempted I dont know which way to go, X79 with 3820 or Z77 3570K ..... Oh the decisions. Is the $200 a in store special? cause it is not listed that way on their site.

(Gaming Rig) 680s SLI I guess either would be fine for my needs right?

All Microcenter CPU specials are in store only. They get you into the store with their low prices, and then you spend more money on their other overpriced products (cases, video cards, etc). That's their business model.

Well I know that, and that too! But what I am wondering is... is the 3820 actually $200 as it is not listed on their site anywhere. It still says $250.

Well I know that, and that too! But what I am wondering is... is the 3820 actually $200 as it is not listed on their site anywhere. It still says $250.

The 3820 was never $200, as far as I know - $250 is currently the lowest it has ever been. Recently, the 2600K was selling for $200 this past week, though, which caused a major frenzy. ;)

All Microcenter CPU specials are in store only. They get you into the store with their low prices, and then you spend more money on their other overpriced products (cases, video cards, etc). That's their business model.

Actually, it's not..

They will price match major e-tailers like Newegg...

Hmmm so Sabertooth Price Match THEN get an additional $50 off if they are still doing the combo... oh yes....

i7-3820 is now $229.99 at microcenter. getting that plus the ASRock extreme-4m (159.99 w/ combo).

i7-3820 is now $229.99 at microcenter. getting that plus the ASRock extreme-4m (159.99 w/ combo).

Wow, that's actually pretty solid pricing. Even when you factor in tax vs online, its hard to not find that pricing attractive. Although buying a board with only 4 dimm slots does hurt one of the benefits of 2011.

Wow! At the rate this thing is falling, it might hit $200 over the next few weeks! :eek:

Even at this price, it might be worth going back to pick one up just to play with and hit the 5GHz lottery! :D

is there a cpu/mb combo going on with the 3820?i cant find it anywhere on their site.

is there a cpu/mb combo going on with the 3820?i cant find it anywhere on their site.

There was an unadvertised $40 off motherboard combo promo that they were running when I picked up my 3930K a little over a week ago. Seeing as how their CPU/Mobo promos carry over from month to month, it's safe to say there should still be something similar.

I would call to be safe, unless you live really close to a store. ;)

It was advertised in their April 2012 specials ad running thru today. They just put up the May 2012 specials here, but I don't see a combo deal with the 2011 anymore.

It was advertised in their April 2012 specials ad running thru today. They just put up the May 2012 specials here, but I don't see a combo deal with the 2011 anymore.

I added a couple of 2011 mb's to the cart earlier today with the 3820 and saw the discount apply. Although it didn't work with the P9X79 WS board. Being able to jump on a 3820 cpu/mb combo for ~400 is very attractive - granted I'd still go a little bit more on the mb b/c that's where the benefits of 2011 mostly lie, but nonetheless, a very stark difference from even a month or so ago.

Actually, it's not..

They will price match major e-tailers like Newegg...

Price matching means nothing... Maybe 1 in 10 people might ask for a price match, if even that low... the rest pay the over priced pricing.... I speak from experience working in a retail store that does the same thing microcenter does.. heh

There business model is a great one, and definitely generates a lot of free advertising.

I was actually planning to buy this exact combo. My question for you guys is would it be better to buy this combo vs say a 3770k with a asrock fatality or asus gene V?
This build will be just for gaming.

Damn I just bought a 3570k for $210 before $20 rebate. maybe I should sell it and make a 4 hours drive to MC to buy it and visit my family at the same time. :(

Back