3800+ build questions

daroy99

Weaksauce
well, just built today. At idol, it says something like 2150mhz, and nothing will be running expect norton. this is in the asus control panel, is this normal? and as for the multipliers, you can do 4-10, i dont want to overclock, but in the control panel you can up the voltage and multipliers and i dont know what to do. I played battlefront II and ran a virus scan and no hiccups, so i assume the dual core is working, but it seems rather......slow? Espcially on bootup and loading applications. I came from a 1.8 celeron and its hard for me to see a difference...atleast a 1,000$ one.
Computer specs:
antec 550w true power
evga 6800GS
2x 120 gig seagate
Asus a8n-e
3800+

eek....54 processes. heres a screenshot
nmiwd2.jpg

daroy99 said:
eek....54 processes.

I wonder why there are 54 processes running.... hmmmm.... Oh Yeah!!! look at your taskbar, you got a shitload of programs running, and i can garantee you do not need all the stuff. I got 26 processes running and that is with mozilla and winamp open. You should remove some of those files from startup or turn them off from running in the background.

all those things running is what is making your pc slow

Set FSB to 200, and Multi to 10. That will set your chip to run at stock speed, although 2.2GHz is almost guaranteed (220MHz FSB).

Back