3700X vs 3800X

It's possible to use PBO to unlock the TDP limits of the 3700X. Here are the differences.

65W TDP (3700X) - 88W total package power (PPT), 60A TDC (thermal current), 90A EDC (electrical current).
105W TDP (3800X) - 142W, 95A, 140A

What you can do is run PBO (which voids your warranty) on the 3700X and dial in these settings. There's also an offset value that's not related to PBO you can set up to +200 MHz to hit higher boost clocks, like to match the 3800X's 100 MHz higher single-core maximum boost, but this is not currently working correctly. From what I read it can be fixed.

So to give you a rundown of how this works...

3700X (stock) - I hit 4050 all-core, 4400 single-core with JEDEC memory (2666). I'm limited by TDP which I can remove with PBO, to say 4100 all-core, as this allows the CPU to supply more voltage (up to 1.325V load). Nominally idle or single-core voltage is 1.50V which is normal as ampage is lower. If I then OC my memory and the infinity fabric to say, CL16/3600, I then drop down to 4000 AC and 4300 SC. This is because you're taxing the IMC and I/O die much more. If I then use the offset I hit 4075 AC and 4275 SC (single-core goes down...this is part of the bug).

If you've followed me so far, the difference between the 3800X and 3700X is that the 3800X doesn't have to use PBO/AOC to override TDP limits and therefore can maintain better single-core boost in general (AOC/offset is broken) but in real world terms, like gaming, you're going to be ~4.2 all-core either way, the difference is minimal (<2% @ stock). With tweaking the values get very close. Both come with the same stock cooler otherwise.

I'm elaborating this out because I don't think most people understand how these CPUs work, including many reviewers. If you want the best out-of-the-box experience, get the 3800X and do XMP/DOCP. If you are willing to tweak the 3700X will get you nearly as far. You're ultimately limited by thermals and FIT (silicon fitness).

As a side note, if your intention is to manual OC this does not apply. It's currently unknown if the 3800X is better-binned but with manual OC you're dealing MUCH more with silicon lottery so it might be worth the $ to get a leg up simply.

I'm also considering the 3900X in the mix. Or I might just wait for the 3950X in September. But after reading your notes, 3800X is definitely my choice in the 8-core area.

If your going to go 3800x you may as well jump up to 3900x.

From the few 3800 review I have seen it is not worth the money over the 3700. Either spend the 70 bucks somewhere else or spend 170 more for the 3900x imo

OR

Go with a 3600 save a ton of coin, and lose almost nothing in real world performance unless you are rendering 3D on your CPU... and in a year get a good deal on a 3900x or 3950x. When Intel does manage a response and AMD responds by dropping pricing. Or releasing a zen2+ 4000 or something. Biggest issue with AMDs years long upgrade path boards.... costs them a lot of high end sales, why buy the top of the line once every 3 or 4 years when you can just keep popping the lower-mid range chips in every year for the same price. (or less if you are willing to resell... or you can keep the wife of your back with handme downs lol)

From the few 3800 review I have seen it is not worth the money over the 3700. Either spend the 70 bucks somewhere else or spend 170 more for the 3900x imo

OR

Go with a 3600 save a ton of coin, and lose almost nothing in real world performance unless you are rendering 3D on your CPU... and in a year get a good deal on a 3900x or 3950x. When Intel does manage a response and AMD responds by dropping pricing. Or releasing a zen2+ 4000 or something. Biggest issue with AMDs years long upgrade path boards.... costs them a lot of high end sales, why buy the top of the line once every 3 or 4 years when you can just keep popping the lower-mid range chips in every year for the same price. (or less if you are willing to resell... or you can keep the wife of your back with handme downs lol)
I thought AM4 was only guaranteed support out to 2020? Seems if you are going to buy now, you might as well spend the extra $$$ for 12 cores up front, than wait for sales or early adopters to dump theirs on the market to buy Zen 3 (or whatever it's called).

At least I'm going by my own buying history. I tend to go long intervals between builds and not really upgrade the CPU/Mobo in the meanwhile.

Thinking this will be my strategy this generation. I'm betting on a 3700X or 3900X being next year's Amazon Prime Day hefty CPU discount.

Reactions: ChadD
like this
It's possible to use PBO to unlock the TDP limits of the 3700X. Here are the differences.

65W TDP (3700X) - 88W total package power (PPT), 60A TDC (thermal current), 90A EDC (electrical current).
105W TDP (3800X) - 142W, 95A, 140A

What you can do is run PBO (which voids your warranty) on the 3700X and dial in these settings. There's also an offset value that's not related to PBO you can set up to +200 MHz to hit higher boost clocks, like to match the 3800X's 100 MHz higher single-core maximum boost, but this is not currently working correctly. From what I read it can be fixed.

So to give you a rundown of how this works...

3700X (stock) - I hit 4050 all-core, 4400 single-core with JEDEC memory (2666). I'm limited by TDP which I can remove with PBO, to say 4100 all-core, as this allows the CPU to supply more voltage (up to 1.325V load). Nominally idle or single-core voltage is 1.50V which is normal as ampage is lower. If I then OC my memory and the infinity fabric to say, CL16/3600, I then drop down to 4000 AC and 4300 SC. This is because you're taxing the IMC and I/O die much more. If I then use the offset I hit 4075 AC and 4275 SC (single-core goes down...this is part of the bug).

If you've followed me so far, the difference between the 3800X and 3700X is that the 3800X doesn't have to use PBO/AOC to override TDP limits and therefore can maintain better single-core boost in general (AOC/offset is broken) but in real world terms, like gaming, you're going to be ~4.2 all-core either way, the difference is minimal (<2% @ stock). With tweaking the values get very close. Both come with the same stock cooler otherwise.

I'm elaborating this out because I don't think most people understand how these CPUs work, including many reviewers. If you want the best out-of-the-box experience, get the 3800X and do XMP/DOCP. If you are willing to tweak the 3700X will get you nearly as far. You're ultimately limited by thermals and FIT (silicon fitness).

As a side note, if your intention is to manual OC this does not apply. It's currently unknown if the 3800X is better-binned but with manual OC you're dealing MUCH more with silicon lottery so it might be worth the $ to get a leg up simply.

Agreed on all of this.

The only thing i'll add as someone with a 3800x - I still don't think PBO is working properly for the 105w parts (3800x/3900x).

It doesn't matter what settings I modify for PBO, package limits, etc. My 3800x never draws more than around the 95w for CPU+SOC power according to HWINFO64. With a power limit uncapped 2700x it would draw around 130w no problem.

And this is with all-core temps staying steady at 70c. I have at a minimum another 10c of thermal room, presumably.

So while the stock 3800x is performing as expected (I see around 4.5-4.6ghz for ST, and around 4.2ghz for all-core) - The CPU is simply not overclocking or responding to any changes.

Now, this could be because the 3800x is basically 'overclocked' to the max by AMD out of the box, but I still find it hard to believe that I can't get it to use more than 95w no matter what changes I make to PBO settings / power cap settings. If future BIOS updates make it so the 3800x can use more than 95w of power I think it'll make it more worth it. As it stands, you can drop a 3800x into a system and not touch it at all and it performs on-par with the 3900x in ST workloads.

I thought AM4 was only guaranteed support out to 2020? Seems if you are going to buy now, you might as well spend the extra $$$ for 12 cores up front, than wait for sales or early adopters to dump theirs on the market to buy Zen 3 (or whatever it's called).

At least I'm going by my own buying history. I tend to go long intervals between builds and not really upgrade the CPU/Mobo in the meanwhile.

That is true its possible there will be a new board. I have a feeling though that Intel is going to actually get sunnycove out in the spring and likely start talking about it before xmas at least. Makes me think zen2+ will probably be a drop in replacement to squash Intels launch. Having said that worse case...... my 3600 still gets handed down, and I grab a 3900 or 3950x of the used market as people grab new boards.

I don't know I am just having a hard time justifying buying anything over the 3600 perhaps the 3700... the 3900 is only really faster for things that can use 12 cores. Which I have to admit is not much of what I do. In games 3600 vs 3900 even on a 2080 your still going to be bottlenecked by the GPU. For most of the stuff I do at least... 6 cores with the same arch running within a few hundred mhz of each other are going to perform pretty damn near the same. I can think of 300 bucks in parts I could pickup/upgrade that would give me a much more noticable real world bump. Unless your already running a 1tb+ samsung 970 pro a couple 16gb ddr-3600 sticks ect I would say that 300 bucks might be better spent.

I would take a 3600 with 32gb of fast memory and a blazing fast top end nvme drive over a 3900 with 16gb and a mid range ssd for productivity work.
I would also take a 3600 with a $300 up the scale GPU for gaming over a 3900 with a 300 cheaper card as well.
Of course if you can afford to buy the best of everything every few years all the power to you. Even though I'm middle age now and I guess I could just buy the best all the time... when I got into computers as a teen I had to squeeze performance out of everything all the time. I guess for me at least it seems a lot less fun just buying the fastest of the fast parts and calling it a day. haha

Now, this could be because the 3800x is basically 'overclocked' to the max by AMD out of the box, but I still find it hard to believe that I can't get it to use more than 95w no matter what changes I make to PBO settings / power cap settings. If future BIOS updates make it so the 3800x can use more than 95w of power I think it'll make it more worth it. As it stands, you can drop a 3800x into a system and not touch it at all and it performs on-par with the 3900x in ST workloads.

You can get more out of the 3800X by bumping up the PBO Scalar. This raises your load voltage but might compromise your single-core boost frequency. However, this will put you over the safe all-core load voltage of 1.325V. It's also possible to set voltage to Normal (rather than Auto) and use a positive offset but this will also sacrifice SC boost. In most cases you're better off doing a set frequency with 1.325V load (after LLC etc.) if your goal is all-core performance, however you need to hit >4.2 for it to be worthwhile in real world workloads. And again, you sacrifice single-core performance.

Your limits with the 3800X are thermals (temperature) and FIT (silicon fitness). So by boosting voltage you raise temperature closer to the throttling limit (85C) and the silicon will boost to higher all-core frequencies. In my limited testing it was about +50 MHz for 10C or so. So if you're at 70C now, with diminishing returns and throttling you'd like be 80-85C with scalar for +50MHz all-core. But you might lose idle/SC voltage and the boost will go down by a corresponding amount.

Last edited:
You can get more out of the 3800X by bumping up the PBO Scalar. This raises your load voltage but might compromise your single-core boost frequency. However, this will put you over the safe all-core load voltage of 1.325V. It's also possible to set voltage to Normal (rather than Auto) and use a positive offset but this will also sacrifice SC boost. In most cases you're better off doing a set frequency with 1.325V load (after LLC etc.) if your goal is all-core performance, however you need to hit >4.2 for it to be worthwhile in real world workloads. And again, you sacrifice single-core performance.
I’m hitting 4.2ghz all core stock anyways. It seems like the 3800x is great if you want the best 8 core performance without touching anything.

I’m hitting 4.2ghz all core stock anyways. It seems like the 3800x is great if you want the best 8 core performance without touching anything.

Depends on your IF/memory. If you're at 1800 MHz (3600 MT/s) with IF and memory you will have ideal latency and bandwidth but you will lose all-core frequency. If you're at 3200 or less you will boost higher all-core but will lose performance because your latency may be higher and memory bandwidth is lower. But this is less of an issue for the 3800X because your TDP is high enough for you to be thermal/fitness-limited, in comparison to the 3700X that requires PBO/AOC.

To add onto this, most games are latency- rather than bandwidth-sensitive, and you'll generally hit the same frequencies when gaming either way. So memory tweaking for bandwidth (rather than latency) serves only to increase your IF which benefits specific applications (but you may get lower frequencies as a result...so it's a bit of a push). tl;dr is these chips just work well no matter how configured.

Last edited:

Your limits with the 3800X are thermals (temperature) and FIT (silicon fitness). So by boosting voltage you raise temperature closer to the throttling limit (85C) and the silicon will boost to higher all-core frequencies. In my limited testing it was about +50 MHz for 10C or so. So if you're at 70C now, with diminishing returns and throttling you'd like be 80-85C with scalar for +50MHz all-core. But you might lose idle/SC voltage and the boost will go down by a corresponding amount.

Like I said, doing anything PBO scalar, etc. Achieves absolutely nothing currently with my 3800x. It doesn't get slower, and it doesn't get faster. The power used and voltages remain exactly the same as well. I believe PBO/Power limits are bugged right now IMO.

No matter what I do i'll be at 4.55ghz for ST, and 4.25ghz for all core sitting at 70c and 95w cpu+soc power draw.

Now, those aren't bad numbers, but something isn't working right here. Why can't we use more than 95w?

That is true its possible there will be a new board. I have a feeling though that Intel is going to actually get sunnycove out in the spring and likely start talking about it before xmas at least. Makes me think zen2+ will probably be a drop in replacement to squash Intels launch. Having said that worse case...... my 3600 still gets handed down, and I grab a 3900 or 3950x of the used market as people grab new boards.

I don't know I am just having a hard time justifying buying anything over the 3600 perhaps the 3700... the 3900 is only really faster for things that can use 12 cores. Which I have to admit is not much of what I do. In games 3600 vs 3900 even on a 2080 your still going to be bottlenecked by the GPU. For most of the stuff I do at least... 6 cores with the same arch running within a few hundred mhz of each other are going to perform pretty damn near the same. I can think of 300 bucks in parts I could pickup/upgrade that would give me a much more noticable real world bump. Unless your already running a 1tb+ samsung 970 pro a couple 16gb ddr-3600 sticks ect I would say that 300 bucks might be better spent.

I would take a 3600 with 32gb of fast memory and a blazing fast top end nvme drive over a 3900 with 16gb and a mid range ssd for productivity work.
I would also take a 3600 with a $300 up the scale GPU for gaming over a 3900 with a 300 cheaper card as well.
Of course if you can afford to buy the best of everything every few years all the power to you. Even though I'm middle age now and I guess I could just buy the best all the time... when I got into computers as a teen I had to squeeze performance out of everything all the time. I guess for me at least it seems a lot less fun just buying the fastest of the fast parts and calling it a day. haha
Yeah I really got into PC building when AMD Barton overclocking was all the rage. But I haven't really been a serious OC'er for a while. So PBO is a godsend for me.

Will probably have to wait for reviews to find out which of the 3700/3800 fares better if you don't want to really get in there and tweak yourself.

Yeah I really got into PC building when AMD Barton overclocking was all the rage. But I haven't really been a serious OC'er for a while. So PBO is a godsend for me.

Will probably have to wait for reviews to find out which of the 3700/3800 fares better if you don't want to really get in there and tweak yourself.

Reviews already show the 3800x out of the box is getting clocks that you really have to work hard for on the 3700x. Although in the end an overclocked 3700x will largely perform the same as a stock 3800x.

Like I said, doing anything PBO scalar, etc. Achieves absolutely nothing currently with my 3800x. It doesn't get slower, and it doesn't get faster. The power used and voltages remain exactly the same as well. I believe PBO/Power limits are bugged right now IMO.

No matter what I do i'll be at 4.55ghz for ST, and 4.25ghz for all core sitting at 70c and 95w cpu+soc power draw.

Now, those aren't bad numbers, but something isn't working right here. Why can't we use more than 95w?

PBO Scalar technically does nothing with Matisse. In some BIOS though, like on my X570 Aorus Master, it's basically a load voltage offset. You can get the same results using Normal + Offset (DVID). It's also possible for auto-OC in Ryzen Master to set a higher load voltage but it's not consistent in my experience. But more voltage won't get you much as FIT has major diminishing returns past 1.325V and your temps will spike which is counterproductive as well. So like 50 MHz for 10-15C more at +.025 to +.0375V.

Power limits you can monitor in Ryzen Master directly but it doesn't matter with 3800X because it won't hit them. 142W PPT, 95A TDC, 140A EDC is far more than you could pull. I hit <75% of that PPT at maximum at 1.325V (FIT's max). You'll be thermally-limited before you hit those numbers due to the voltage. So no you won't go over 95W for the most part, maybe 105W with AIDA FPU stress, unless you offset the voltage. This is because the heat density of the 7nm chiplet is insanely high coupled with high efficiency due to the node.

All-core is specifically steady state frequency under load like C20 MC. All-core for gaming, gaming + streaming, etc., is different and tends to be ~4.2 GHz give or take. SC is definitely broken on some BIOS/AGESA and with certain settings - less so on 3800X than 3700X. And again, your boost frequencies are contingent on other things like your Infinity Fabric frequency, memory frequency/timings, etc. So you can find yourself going DOWN in CB scores (for example) with higher IF/mem clocks. And you can also go DOWN in scores with lower voltage at same reported frequencies because there's clock stretching.

tl;dr of it is, these chips have a dozen ways to maximize performance to the extent that it's very difficult to squeeze more out of them outside of manual OC because it overrides FIT

(should add, it might be broken in your case, depends on BIOS/AGESA and motherboard)

Last edited:

If you want the best out-of-box experience: 3800X. If you want the best manual OC: 3800X. If you want the best value and can use PBO/AOC: 3700X. In most cases I'd say it's worth saving $70 and putting it towards a better cooler, but that's just me.

If you want the best out-of-box experience: 3800X. If you want the best manual OC: 3800X. If you want the best value and can use PBO/AOC: 3700X. In most cases I'd say it's worth saving $70 and putting it towards a better cooler, but that's just me.

Have to wonder- if you're going for max ambient (air, AIO) performance, If a 3800X would potentially run cooler due less shenanigans needed to get the clockspeed up. In considering say an ITX system, it might be the better buy if that's the case.

Have to wonder- if you're going for max ambient (air, AIO) performance, If a 3800X would potentially run cooler due less shenanigans needed to get the clockspeed up. In considering say an ITX system, it might be the better buy if that's the case.

The 3700X will run cooler simply because it's limited in TDP, although you could use PBO on the 3800X to artificially limit it to the same values. If you're talking with PBO/AOC enabled on the 3700X (vs. stock 3800X) that's a different story, although in my testing (so far) there's little difference since enabling PBO on the 3700X just gives it the same headroom as the 3800X on air (PBO doesn't really do much for the 3800X). They're both still constrained to the same voltages. Although, with AOC working as it does now, which is probably broken, you actually have reduced SC frequency and idle voltages (if on high perf.) on the 3700X. So I guess it comes down to perf/W which is not as easy to answer as again, IF/memory overclocking reduces your headroom if you're TDP-limited...the traditional way of looking at CPUs just doesn't apply to these chips but unfortunately people keep analyzing it that way.

So no, I'd say the 3700X is the better buy if you're sticking to stock for that scenario. Get better cooling, enjoy better thermals.

Last edited:
I am seeing 4.35Ghz AC abd 4.4-4.425Ghz on my 3700x (rest of specs in sig) with 3000c15 (dual rank) with PBO on "Auto"....

I haven't touched anything else except for a tiny SoC voltage bump since I was having ram issues but thst was fixed by turning "Gear Down" and "DDR Power Down" to off in the bios.

I enabled XMP and am at 3000c15 (IF 1500mhz) with clocks above. This is in a case with no airflow exceprt for a single 120mm intake fan in the rear on a Wraith Prism since my loop is torn down waiting on my 5700XT block.

Once I am back under water I hope to see 4.5Ghz AC, but with the current AGESA mess not sure if it will happen.

Pretty happy with my results so far after doing more reading since I am only using a HSF.

I just got in a 3200c16 kit that is Micron E die so I will see what happens with that and clocks this weekend.

I initially wanted a 3800x and thought it was a better deal then the 3700x but I have since changed my mind. The extra $70 I saved paid for 50% of my 32GB of ram.

If I were buying now, it would be 3700x or 3900c (for the higher Sc boost) if you can use the extra cores.

Otherwise just put the $70 toward a better GPU or a $97 super fast 1TB NVME drive (check the Hot Deals forum for the Inland thread. They are great drives for the money!)

Some good info here. I wonder what chip my F4-3200C16D-16GFX has . Because it was less than half the cl14 kit was.

I'm considering snagging a 3700X right now, they're in stock at microcenter. I like the 65W TDP since I have a B450 ITX board. It would give me a decent boost over my 2600X. Also thinking about moving to 32GB RAM now that the prices have come back down.

OR

I am waiver what you just opinionated.

The Zen 2 3800x is what I want... but for the value I would rather go cheap 6 core, & next year get Zen3..
-or- just grab a 12 core now and forgo zen3 upgrade. (Zen4?)

I am waiver what you just opinionated.

The Zen 2 3800x is what I want... but for the value I would rather go cheap 6 core, & next year get Zen3..
-or- just grab a 12 core now and forgo zen3 upgrade. (Zen4?)

I pulled the trigger on 3700x + aorus pro wiif for myself. I do plan to upgrade to zen 4900/4950 in maybe two years so I kind of wish I just saved a good deal of money and grabbed a 3600, just because I think the 3700x will lose a lot of value on the used market by next summer.

I pulled the trigger on 3700x + aorus pro wiif for myself. I do plan to upgrade to zen 4900/4950 in maybe two years so I kind of wish I just saved a good deal of money and grabbed a 3600, just because I think the 3700x will lose a lot of value on the used market by next summer.

Yeah, seems like everyone is trying to min/max their new builds.

In my case, whatever CPU I choose in this x570 build, I can always hand down to another AM4 rig (1800x) I am using for Folding. But I am turning 50 this year and want a solid foundation/platform for the next 5 years of gaming. My simulator is 1 year old, now my gaming rigs need updated. I am going to buy a 5700xt for my new build, because I am going FreeSync2.0 with whatever 3840 x 1600 monitor I choose. And will dish the 5700xt off on when big navi hits. That way I am already on the RDNA bus and drivers.

The 3600 at Microcenter and hero board and 5700xt was $75 bucks off combo, but they were out of the mobo before I got there. And they are restocking their 12 cores ("soon"). To me that is a solid "mainstream" build with available punch in 2 years time. (I have one more rig I am building and it will be a pure 1440p Gaming rig in mATX)

I still need to do some more research between the 3700x and 3800x and 3900x on water (AIO). And see their price/performance ratios, etc. Even if one is $75 bucks cheaper than another.... thats half the cost of a liquid cooling kit.

Yeah, seems like everyone is trying to min/max their new builds.

In my case, whatever CPU I choose in this x570 build, I can always hand down to another AM4 rig (1800x) I am using for Folding. But I am turning 50 this year and want a solid foundation/platform for the next 5 years of gaming. My simulator is 1 year old, now my gaming rigs need updated. I am going to buy a 5700xt for my new build, because I am going FreeSync2.0 with whatever 3840 x 1600 monitor I choose. And will dish the 5700xt off on when big navi hits. That way I am already on the RDNA bus and drivers.

The 3600 at Microcenter and hero board and 5700xt was $75 bucks off combo, but they were out of the mobo before I got there. And they are restocking their 12 cores ("soon"). To me that is a solid "mainstream" build with available punch in 2 years time. (I have one more rig I am building and it will be a pure 1440p Gaming rig in mATX)

I still need to do some more research between the 3700x and 3800x and 3900x on water (AIO). And see their price/performance ratios, etc. Even if one is $75 bucks cheaper than another.... thats half the cost of a liquid cooling kit.

Min/maxing is a good way to put it. 5 years is also what I aim for with builds but you're right, my work rig is running an fx 8320 so i could always buy a cheaper board and drop the 3700x in later.

As for the CPUs, they all perform the same in gaming (for now?).. i do after effects rendering so that pushed me to the 3700x. According to the gamers nexus video the 3800x is an absolute waste of extra money, 1-3% faster for $70 more. Personally id save the extra for the 3900x at that point, which in my use case would annihilate the 3800x. I'd love the 12 core but I can't justify $499 for my hobby that hasnt profited me to date.

Either way im hoping around midway into the life of the system I can get a 16 core used for a good price. Just too expensive for me to consider atm.

Just ranting. I'm sure everybody is in the same boat. I also grabbed a combo deal from newegg for the cpu and board, got $20 off..

Edit: will there be a big navi soon? That would be interesting

Yeah, but either way in a few years, there is going to be a bunch of cheap used 12 cores out there....

ed:
Yeah, my guess is AMD nix'd the Radeon Vii because mvidia is releasing the rtx2080 SUPER in two weeks... and wouldn't it be something is Dr Su announced that there is a 64 & 54 CU Navi coming in just a few short months...

Radeon 5800 series..? Not as if TSMC can't be making several chips at once and AMD claims they have separate teams working in parallel. Little navi was delayed, so that means the big-navi team isn't that far behind in release.

I believe what coreteks thinks too, that AMD is sitting on the 5800 series waiting for Jensen to show his hand with 2080 SUPER....

My opinion^

Last edited:
3 minutes of actual speaking. 15 minutes of charts that shouldn't have been in a video in the first place. I hate this new video generation.

What he is reporting on is worthwhile, I just take issue with his format.

I've grown used to skimming youtube reviews the same way one would scroll over productivity charts for uses they don't care about in a classical review. I think some of the bigger channels have taken notice of that, jayztwocents seems to just blast some metal and roll over the charts in about 30 seconds tops in his latest videos, one would assume most of their viewers only care about overall gaming anyway.

I'm torn between 3600x or 3700x. I think anything else would be a waste on B450 Mobo.

Kinda have my heart set on a 3700x, but budgets are budgets.

Another no indicator that any of the higher wattage parts with the same core count are pointless. This one was interesting because they found no difference at all except the box coolers.

65W part gets a 65W cooler.
95W part gets a 95W cooler.

Swap the coolers and the results swapped. So basically you are paying for a (not worth it) cooler upgrade.

Local MC is out of Zen 2 right now and it sucks...
I wanted to pull the trigger on a 12 core upgrade to my 6850k...
Damn thing isn't even holding me back but I am ready to shed some wattage and gain some cores (Stock vs OCed basically).

Back