3700 San Diego from Newegg?

Slick Tide

n00b
Has anyone purchased one of these retail chips from Newegg in the last couple days? Was wondering what kind of OC you got with it. I see the price dropped. Gonna put it in a DFI Ultra D mobo. Any feedback would be nice. Like to see what I'm getting before I buy a $200+ chip.

By a whole $2.08 after tax & shipping... lol

Just buy it from where you like. I've always been happy with Newegg, no reason to look elsewhere for $2.08.

DieLate said:
By a whole $2.08 after tax & shipping... lol

Just buy it from where you like. I've always been happy with Newegg, no reason to look elsewhere for $2.08.

=X I could have sworn it was more last night..

It's just that Newegg ships it for free, where as Mwave charges $5.xx for the cheapest shipping.

Well actually is less than that. I'm getting a 7800gtx with a combo cpu. Makes it like $229 free shipping.

But thats not the point, The point is what will these chips do? Got some good ram and DFI mobo. Just want to get a good chip. I used Newegg so I could get one from the same batch if some else got a good one from there.

ug, i paid $330 from zzf a few months back when rev e first came out. mine does 2.75 albeit at 1.6v, has a bunk memory controller, doesnt like over 250mhz, so my tccd is going to waste. im happy tho, nice and stable, 48c max load (I fold 24x7). might be best to hold out for the x2 3800+ at this point tho, wont be much more....but i notice no lack of smoothness when multitasking. even tabbing out of san andreas and burning a cd, with lots of ie windows, aim, and remote desktop open. seems smooth as silk to me. all in all, a great processor :D :edit: the batches you will get from newegg, zzf, mwave will vary hourly...theres no way to tell if you will land in the same area. also theres so much luck involved...getting from one place or another will not matter. get from wherever the best deal lies,id guess with the dfi mobo you could hit 2.6 easily, perhaps top out at 2.8 (water seems to go a bit higher). my mobo doesnt have a proper bios supporting the rev e chips, so it holds me back a bit.

Back