37 or 42 inch for Sim Racing

nanobeast

Limp Gawd
I am building a racing sim and will use the playseat.

I am looking for either a 37 inch or 42 inch TV for gaming.

Any recommendations?

Yes. Get a 120hz input-capable projector (e.g., Acer H5360 DLP, there are others) and use that instead of a TV for a screen that size.

The picture will be better and refresh cleanly and if you later decide you want to try racing in 3d, you'll be ready.

(e.g., http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=dNiLWAPWVLE)

What else would I need for that setup?

Just the projector and the screen? Where can I buy the screen?

Also, does the room have to be dark when I play? Or will it work in normal room lights?

A buddy of mine runs three cheap smaller 120hz monitors for iRacing and it works quite nice. The game gives you a good amount of triple monitor control and the surround is nice so you don't need to use the look buttons to see who is running next to you.

IDK, just an option you might be interested in.

If you get a TV, make sure the INPUT LAG is low. 120Hz TVs add a lot of lag. Not sure about 3D TVs and projectors.

A buddy of mine runs three cheap smaller 120hz monitors for iRacing and it works quite nice. The game gives you a good amount of triple monitor control and the surround is nice so you don't need to use the look buttons to see who is running next to you.

IDK, just an option you might be interested in.

I would have liked the three screens but I opted against it because I will be using PS3 a lot and it doesn support 3 screens.

Back