360 wirless controller, can i get it to work on pc?

I have the wireless 360 controller and yes i realize that it alone is not designed to connect to PC but i have the play and charge kit and when i plug it into my PC it says it finds new hardware but it doesn't have any software to install for it. I download the drivers off of microsofts web site, install, and plug it in and it doesn't regonize the controller. Does it not work at all or am i just stupid? i tried google

Nah, it doesn't work. I tried it, too.
Supposedly they'll be releasing some kind of dongle that'll make it work in the future, but it's been a few months...so I'm guessing it's not priority #1.

impossible.. i dont believe anyone has got it to work.. how are you gonna do it? there is no reciever for the PC to pick up the signal

Tetrahedron said:
impossible.. i dont believe anyone has got it to work.. how are you gonna do it? there is no reciever for the PC to pick up the signal
play and charge kit.........read post numero uno

how about making a wireless keyboard and mouse work for 360 as that controller is (for me since I havent console games since sega saturn) a real beyatch......

I heard that the 360 uses a proprietary wireless format so as not to interfere with pc equipment. Would have been cool if it was bluetooth though.

You'll have to get a wired pad for the pc. Just get a 360 wired pad and save the extra $$'s sicne you already have the driver.

You can modify the driver inf to make it detect correctly, but I had no luck in activating it as a gamepad.

paranoia4422 said:
it def carries data...i dont think the 7pins are for power

Are you sure? I thought the extra pins were just for battery charge level monitoring or something...

Back