360 S Skins

GonzoP

2[H]4U
I know [via a google search] that a few places are already putting out skins for the 360S. Anyone have knowledge of when to expect MLB/NFL themed ones or their is a site already selling them that I missed?

I dont know.
That said, why on earth would you wanna molest/tacky up a new s xbox?

http://www.gelaskins.com/store/skins/gaming/Xbox_360_S

Best skins on the planet for pretty much any device, including the 360 S. The adhesive is very advanced, leaves no residue, and can be applied/reapplied as many times as you need to to get it just right. I got one for my iPhone 4, and my girlfriends Macbook Pro. They are amazing.

And as you can see, you can "Create Your Own" up top and just submit high-res art of whatever you want and fit it in their in-browser software.

Thanks CKM. Yeah I saw that one via google I suppose thats as good as it gets. I can tailor make it to match the kids room theme.

Also to the TheToe. I suppose my answer is because I damn well can.
In context, my kids [10 and 6] have a sport themed room. Also their new 360S is the 4gb model so its not the glossy shiny one. They want a skin for it, so a skin they will have.

Also to the TheToe. I suppose my answer is because I damn well can.
In context, my kids [10 and 6] have a sport themed room. Also their new 360S is the 4gb model so its not the glossy shiny one. They want a skin for it, so a skin they will have.

Meant no offense man, I thought you were looking to put it on the glossy black one. That would have been terrible!

Last edited:
Yeah agreed. The kids dont play their Wii anymore so it was time to step them up to the 360S. I had numerous usb's laying around so I plugged a couple in the 360 and that gave them 36GB of storage more than enough for what they play. I saved $100 getting the matte finish which frankly is above and beyond their needs.

I must say having never been a console guy in the NES days. Its interesting what these little things can do. I thought the Wii was fun at first but that lasted a month or two. I must confess I spent $20 last week when I bought the thing to grab a few titles for me at Gamestop. Forza 2 for $2.49, Madden 09 for $3.49, Gears of War for $5 and Assassins Creed for $6. Ridiculous value. I realize they are older titles but heck for $20 it was worth it. Shoot the kids each got 2 newer games which were more than $20 each. Those $60 price tags are crazy but I guess thats the way it is.

Wait, so some of those games were for you? Please tell me you aren't going to let your 10 and 6 year old kids play Gears of War and Assassin's Creed... :eek:

No offense here from me but I love when people worry about Kids playing video games. My daughter is 3 years old & has played a good amount of video games with me. From WoW to Gears to whatever.

I dont think its bad to let kids play video games but thats just me. Hoping to have a son one day so then I can have a hardcore gamer boy :)

No offense here from me but I love when people worry about Kids playing video games. My daughter is 3 years old & has played a good amount of video games with me. From WoW to Gears to whatever.

I dont think its bad to let kids play video games but thats just me. Hoping to have a son one day so then I can have a hardcore gamer boy :)

It's not bad for kids to play videogames, its bad for kids to play gears of war though. Get her lego batman already!

My 9 year old son has a 360 with LIVE and we play Bad Company 2 online together, we even have our on little clan "FnS" Father n' Son. As long as there isn't Nudity or gratuitous violence in a game I let him play it under my supervision.

And long as your a responsible parent and have a active relationship with your kids, playing videogames that let your kid headshot someone is the very least of your worries that you'll encounter;).

Wait, so some of those games were for you? Please tell me you aren't going to let your 10 and 6 year old kids play Gears of War and Assassin's Creed... :eek:

Yeah to re-quote myself:
I must confess I spent $20 last week when I bought the thing to grab a few titles for me at Gamestop. Forza 2 for $2.49, Madden 09 for $3.49, Gears of War for $5 and Assassins Creed for $6. Ridiculous value. I realize they are older titles but heck for $20 it was worth it. Shoot the kids each got 2 newer games which were more than $20 each. Those $60 price tags are crazy but I guess thats the way it is.
So yeah translation every title I listed is for me. Kids got stuff like Lego Star Wars, Force Unleashed, Katamari and something SpongeBob.
FWIW its worth I have no problem when my son murders a lego character or even in Force Unleashed when he force chokes someone to death. Kids are smart and when they are exposed to new things thats where education comes into play. Admittedly, I didnt buy them GTA although in time everything like that must be explained

I assume you didnt read the OP which is fine. Not looking for any old skin. Wanted a baseball or football one. Went with a custom sport themed one thru gelaskin

Yeah to re-quote myself:

So yeah translation every title I listed is for me. Kids got stuff like Lego Star Wars, Force Unleashed, Katamari and something SpongeBob.
FWIW its worth I have no problem when my son murders a lego character or even in Force Unleashed when he force chokes someone to death. Kids are smart and when they are exposed to new things thats where education comes into play. Admittedly, I didnt buy them GTA although in time everything like that must be explained

Oh okay. It wasn't super obvious from your post, but that's a relief. I'm glad you're thinking about that stuff with your kids. Given the number of tiny kids screeching over XBL voice on M-rated games, it seems like there are plenty of either clueless or bad parents out there...

I always get a little on edge about this sort of thing. I was in line at Gamestop about a month back and some guy had this really out of control boy, couldn't have been more than 10, and he was buying the kid Mass Effect 2. The person at the register asked him if he was sure he should be buying a game like that for such a small boy. I've been playing through ME2 again, and there's plenty of graphic violence, sexual themes and foul language (frequent F-bombs from certain characters). The dad justified it by saying "the game lets you make choices and read dialog which is educational, so it's okay." I was so pissed off, but rather than tell the moron off I just excused myself from the store without buying anything....

I assume you didnt read the OP which is fine. Not looking for any old skin. Wanted a baseball or football one. Went with a custom sport themed one thru gelaskin

I did actually, but I totally misread the second part of the post about the baseball/football.

Oh okay. It wasn't super obvious from your post, but that's a relief. I'm glad you're thinking about that stuff with your kids. Given the number of tiny kids screeching over XBL voice on M-rated games, it seems like there are plenty of either clueless or bad parents out there...

I always get a little on edge about this sort of thing. I was in line at Gamestop about a month back and some guy had this really out of control boy, couldn't have been more than 10, and he was buying the kid Mass Effect 2. The person at the register asked him if he was sure he should be buying a game like that for such a small boy. I've been playing through ME2 again, and there's plenty of graphic violence, sexual themes and foul language (frequent F-bombs from certain characters). The dad justified it by saying "the game lets you make choices and read dialog which is educational, so it's okay." I was so pissed off, but rather than tell the moron off I just excused myself from the store without buying anything....
Yeah thats always an interesting decision whether or not to step in and tell another parent how to properly do their job. More often than not Im sure most of us just keep to ourselves, I do. But sometimes, rarely, it is just necessary to get on the "Pope Preach."

Its cool. Ordered this morning should be here in a week

Let us know what you think, and take pics! We like pics! You're gonna love your Gelaskin. I just ordered one for my mom's iPod Touch, my brothers Wii and 360, and my 360 and Macbook Pro.

I'd just like to point out that even if the kids ended up playing GoW, they wouldn't suddenly start going crazy or out of control or everything. I beat Wolfenstein 3D and it's expansion pack both before my 4th birthday and I didn't go crazy or anything. Out of control kids are a product of bad parenting. Letting your kids play what they want to play and not worrying about them seeing blood is another thing. I had good and very involved parents -- and hell, my mom beat Wolfenstein like two days after I did. Growing up with Doom, GoldenEye, Quake, etc., didn't really do anything to me in the long term except that it made me pretty good at FPS games, lol.

Gelaskins is pretty solid. I'm probably going to get a custom skin from them once I get my new phone in a couple months.

good job holding your tongue Zinn. I think its up to a parent to decide what games a kid gets, not the government or anyone else. and it showed good restraint not saying anything cus despite what we may think of that purchase its none of our business if he does buy it for his kid. lol I know its hard to resist telling a fool what you think but its good to remain silent sometimes. I dont have kids but I do have nephews that I will not let play certain games. GTA comes to mind, as oneI wouldnt allow for them, although thier mom doesnt care what they play, at my house its my rules on games.

Yeah always a touchy subject that is.

While I dont regret saving the $100 and getting the 4GB model [mostly because I knew I had a pair of 16GB sticks to throw in the back for extra storage]. After just one week of having this sucker I can see why many spend the extra on the 250GB HDD. The kids and I [mostly me] have already put over 11GB of mostly demos on one of the 2 sticks which actually are closer to 14GB of true storage space once formatted. Pretty much a given that any new demo is a GB, I DL's Mass Effect 2 at 2GB but since I already got that on PC I will likely remove it I just wanted to compare versions. But shoot, if I didnt have these sticks already it would be hard for me to advocate the 4GB model if you are merely going to go out and buy usb sticks. $100 is ridiculous for 250GB but look what a 16GB stick is $25-30. Admittedly, in my case I still have plenty of room and this is the kids console [despite how much Im on it].
Any word on hard drive options in the future for the 360S? Sizes other than 250GB? Or if that 16GB limit might be extended thru a firmware update down the road?

So about the skins, the 2 sites i got from here are awesome, i was just curious (considering the sites pre-made stuff is pretty artsy), if anyone knew of a high end skin sight that had more..ironic or cartoony or nerdy skins? Instead of like...artsy graphity..maybe super heroes or something you know?

So about the skins, the 2 sites i got from here are awesome, i was just curious (considering the sites pre-made stuff is pretty artsy), if anyone knew of a high end skin sight that had more..ironic or cartoony or nerdy skins? Instead of like...artsy graphity..maybe super heroes or something you know?

You can go to any graphic design shop like Fastsigns and they can design anything you want. They may have to order in material which might make it more costly, but they also may have some leftovers that can fit your 360 and you can get dirt cheap.

You can go to any graphic design shop like Fastsigns and they can design anything you want. They may have to order in material which might make it more costly, but they also may have some leftovers that can fit your 360 and you can get dirt cheap.

Thats really cool, and helpful so thanks. But i am curious if any site has them pre-made cause i would rather look at other peoples creative ideas than have to come up with my own and send pictures and what not lol.

Back