360: Recommend an action game

Team Obi Juan

Your Local Postmaster
Tired of FPS, 3rdPS, and RPG for awhile. I want to be a certified badass with a sword, killing things. Good story line a plus.

Gonna have to skip on Ninja Gaiden, and I've played the Fable series. Basically anything else is wide open. Was thinking Bayonetta? EDIT: looks like bayonetta has shooting in it... might skip on that too.

Bayonetta is great. Yes there are guns but it's hardly a shooter. It's mostly to keep your combos going much like Devil May Cry (some developers). They will not be your go to weapon for they are very weak against almost all enemies.

Enslaved was fun, great story with amazing animation. It's very easy and only about 8 hours. It's worth a play even if you only rent it.

Castlevania: LoS borrows a lot from God of War. It's pretty fun, long (about 20 hours). Story takes awhile to pick up but is interesting once it does.

Darksiders is a mix of Zelda and God of War. Fun but didn’t blow me away.

I didn’t play Dante’s Inferno but it seems very much like a God of War clone. Some people seemed to like it better.

There are always the Dead Rising games.

Deadly Premonition is one of the best games and best survival horrors I played in a very long time. Just know it looks like a PS1 title but very fun with a Twin Peaks vibe.

You're doing yourself a serious disservice by not trying out Bayonetta. It's similar to the DMC series in regards to shooting/guns. No real aiming involved, just there for variety and style. It's just a straight over the top action game (if you're into DMC style that is). You do get a sword at some point which I mainly used the entire game due to it being bad ass.

Darksiders is more "casual" in a sense, similar to the 3D Zelda games, could give it a try. Maybe Dante's Inferno if you want a God of War like experience. Force Unleashed 2 is pretty short and you get to be a bad ass with a lightsaber.

*edit* Kinsaras beat me to most of these, and I thought I was going to be first :( And I 2nd his suggestion with Enslaved. Also can add Nier to the mix, but its not a game for everyone, mixed reviews. I enjoyed it. You get alot of weapons and swords, pretty simple game with a dark story/plot.

Vanquish...yes it's a shooter but it is the fastest and most insane shooter on the market right now.

vanquish-2010-ntsc-front-cover-57015.jpg

Bayonetta is about as much of a shooter as Devil May Cry - your character has access to guns but they do eff-all damage and they won't win the game for you.

Oh and I forgot about XBLA...Hard Corps is a Contra sequel that just came out. Super Meat Boy is awesome fun. Splosion Man too. Scott Pilgrim vs the World game plays just like River City Ransom from the NES days. Castle Crashers does too in many ways. Shadow Complex is like Super Metroid. Castlevania: SotN is there too.

Thanks guys. Enslaved was $18.44 shipped free on Amazon, couldn't pass it up. Just ordered it!

Transformers: War for Cybertron (Yeah, it has shooting, but its great)
Enslaved
Might want to think about picking up Dragon Age 2, there kinda pushing a little more towards hack and slash over turn based on this one. Kinda reminded me of Drakkenguard.

Bullet Witch, a truly remarkable game imo and a 360 exclusive.

Devil May Cry 4. Sure there are guns but they suck and not very useful so you just play with sword and Devilbringer.

Darksiders is good too

Bayonetta
DMC4
Ninja Gaiden 2
Ninja Gaiden Black on Xbox Live Downloads*

*this is the best of the lot. Best action game of all time.

I don't know what your "shooting" criteria are, but to label either DMC4 or Bayonetta shooters because the characters use guns is crazy. Bayonetta's guns are strapped to her feet.

I mean. The guns are high heels. They're shoe guns. You understand? She kicks a guy and then shoots them. It's... madness.

Back