360 laptop mod

Whoa that is insane.... The worksmanship is topnotch too... I want one :D !

All I haft to say is that if he could mass produce them, he could probably sell a few for $1000 a peice or so. From the shots, the build quality looks supurb. Unfortunatly, it still looks like its restricted to external power, so its not a true portable laptop, but I'll still give the guy mad-props for the effort.

SCSI-Terminator said:
All I haft to say is that if he could mass produce them, he could probably sell a few for $1000 a peice or so. From the shots, the build quality looks supurb. Unfortunatly, it still looks like its restricted to external power, so its not a true portable laptop, but I'll still give the guy mad-props for the effort.

Yea that thing is not going anywhere without the ac. One thing I noticed with it was he has a second power cord running up the cable for the screen. I would have replaced the xbox power supply with like a 1u power supply or something that had the extra power. Still one of his best jobs ever.

an xbox 360 uses right at 270 watts of power at full tilt - that's minus the screen.

A laptop battery - even a 12 or 14 cell would hold up to about oh ---15 minutes of playtime if that.

so the external power is required. You'd need a car battery and then you add 50 pounds to get your 2 hour life.

That being said, that's the coolest mod I've ever seen. And to have it fully functional - wow!

so anybody gonna go and make a wii-top? that thing should be small enough to fit 1/2 a dozen laptop batterys inside of the case with room to spare =)

maybe this one can be made fully functional :D

Back