360 headset issues

Dome

2[H]4U
I was until recently using the headset i got with my halo3 edition xbox and the sound kept cutting out. my friends would talk and halfway through sentences it would just cut out. they had recently gotten new mics and it was still a problem for me.

i bought a new microphone (the one with the texting pad) and its a bit more reliable but i still have issues with voice cutting out here and there. i was thinking that maybe it's a router problem? i have my cable modem next to my router, of course, and my 360 not too far away plugged in directly (no wireless). my laptop that's connected wirelessly handles skype video without problem, so i was thinking maybe it's my 360/router connection maybe? or a problem with the controller?

anyone have this issue and any ideas for a fix?

thanks

could it be a problem with the controller? I know that for some reason, on most of my controller, my xbox mic doesnt work. I think the ports go bad. Im stuck with one controller if Im on live and even thats hit or miss. I have two mics, xbox and TB, and they both do it so I know, in my case, its the controller

i've been using the same controller for a while, i can dig out my old controller and see if that works better, might be a problem cuz i think the old controller has a problem with one of my buttons.

i just wish they made a wireless headset that worked for both ps3 and 360

I had a similar issue. I think it was due to a loose connection between the connector that plugs into the controller and the wire. All I had to do was grab the base of the wire, which was right next to the connector and bend it around.

Of course this isn't a permanent fix, but it works for the time being. This issue was with the cheap headset
that came with my xbox 120gb elite with the jasper motherboard.

tbh i'm still sad that they don't sell those original headsets with the volume control on the same part as the connector pin.

Back