360 Fall update Mon 29th

Occidio

[H]ard|Gawd
Looks like the new fall update will be at us after monday the 29th. They must have wanted everything to go live on October. Got an message in my box about it this afternoon.

Looks like the new fall update will be at us after monday the 29th. They must have wanted everything to go live on October. Got an message in my box about it this afternoon.

They need more time to hype it in ads.

Yeah, no update yet. If it was going to actually be "THE" fall update, we probably would have gotten a little bit more of a warning, along with some additional features to expect. At least that'd be my guess, as it has been the case in the past.

Either way I'm hoping the update comes soon, and it turns out to be really good.

That sucks.
But we have had info on additional features for a couple months now. I think everyone knows the big ones.

The message said it would be down at something like 12:01am pst for 24 hours right?
Cuz that's 24hours microsoft time. It means XBOX Live will actually be down for around 38.71 hours if my conversion math is correct.

Then, once this "maintenance" is complete, and we are all happy, they will release the actual update, which everyone on the planet will be trying to download at the same time, which will cause another massive server crash and majornelson.com will be getting a million hits per minute by people trying to get updates on when it's going to be fixed. Then, after a day or two, you'll be able to connect to xbox live and you'll get excited. Then you quickly find out that none of your games work. Matchmaking is still down. You can't download from the marketplace or watch movies yet either.

Is it out of my ass of which I speak? If you think that's true, you must not have been around for much "maintenance" or many "updates".

Why does bungie/microsoft not release new maps very often? Simple. Cuz they don't want to risk crashing the servers by so many people trying to download them at the same time. :p

Just seems to me like the servers are way too flaky for things like this. Hopefully I will be proven wrong during this time of maintenance and updates.

In unrelated news: I popped in COD 2 the other day to join some friends playing. Havne't played COD 2 for like 2 years maybe. Then they were playing mappacks I didn't have, so I shot over to the market place. Why in the FFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFFUUUUUdgeribble is it still goddamned emmer effing 10 goddamned bux to download a COD 2 Map pack? A goddamn COD 2 map pack!!

And another 5 bux to download another one I think. How lame is this? COD 3 and COD 4 are out. COD 5 comes out in 2 months and we are still having to pay for COD 2 maps on XBOX? WTF over.....

Guess thats why I never bother to play FPS' on a console. Is it so wrong to let a client download the map like a computer FPS does?
I just downloaded an update to SCIV for 160 points and all it gave me was a freakin pumkin for a head. WTF is that?

The whole Rock Band 2 mini-site still says the update is coming in November. That's also what MS has been saying for a while.
The last big update was no secret and we knew the day it would hit for about a month.
In other words, we're not getting it yet :)

Guess thats why I never bother to play FPS' on a console. Is it so wrong to let a client download the map like a computer FPS does?
I just downloaded an update to SCIV for 160 points and all it gave me was a freakin pumkin for a head. WTF is that?

That's how it's done on the PS3 and 360 as well. It's no different than on the PC. They put out DLC like that pumkin head because there are suckers who will spend 160 points for them...

I never play fps on console because aiming with an analog stick just doesn't feel right.

That's how it's done on the PS3 and 360 as well. It's no different than on the PC. They put out DLC like that pumkin head because there are suckers who will spend 160 points for them...

Yeah, that's what's now known as "horse armor" after Bethesda charged people $3 for a tiny (useless) skin for horses in Oblivion. Granted they had lots of other updates that were priced rather well, that one is what they'll be remembered for.

Hey now, I know I saw a witches hat on there in the picture, lol. So I got suckered once, not twice. I remember the horse armor but not for the 360, didnt have a 360 at that time yet. I was playing it on the PC.

Hey now, I know I saw a witches hat on there in the picture, lol. So I got suckered once, not twice. I remember the horse armor but not for the 360, didnt have a 360 at that time yet. I was playing it on the PC.

lol, well why didn't you say so? I witch's hat is totally worth it! :p These were gamerpics I take it? Those are a little different. Everyone has to judge for themselves if it's worth the cost. I've purchased 2 gamerpic sets and 2 dashboard themes. I have to be sporting my Oregon Ducks, so it was worth it for me :)

see? I told you it would be down longer than 24 hours...heh...
And no, I'm not Nostradamus.

And it looks like it's back down :(

Yeah, that's what I just noticed. Powered up my 360 over my lunch break, and everything was working fine. Just took a look at it again, and I see that I'm signed out. Couldn't sign back in.

Back