360 BackComp list updated - don't get excited

Baredor

Gawd
The first BC release I was understanding. The second I was disappointed, and this time I'm again frustrated. Why don't they spend their time getting a single GOOD game running rather than 30 that no one will ever care about? Links 2004 for example. :confused:

I know the mechanics and engine similarity arguements. But really the only things on this release you could make any kind of a case for would be Fatal Frame or Burnout 3.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

(I apologize to all Aquaman fans I have offended.)

Baredor said:
The first BC release I was understanding. The second I was disappointed, and this time I'm again frustrated. Why don't they spend their time getting a single GOOD game running rather than 30 that no one will ever care about? Links 2004 for example. :confused:

I know the mechanics and engine similarity arguements. But really the only things on this release you could make any kind of a case for would be Fatal Frame or Burnout 3.

http://www.xbox.com/en-US/games/backwardcompatibilitygameslist.htm

(I apologize to all Aquaman fans I have offended.)

That's one man's opinion. Rather than bitching about what is there, how about making some suggestions for what *should* be there.

You got it. My suggestions for games to focus on for the next backward compatibility update (In alphabetical order):

- Beyond Good & Evil
- Buffy the Vampire Slayer
- Chronicles of Riddick: Escape From Butcher Bay
- Elders Scrolls: Morrowind
- Far Cry: Instincts
- Freedom Fighters
- Hunter: The Reckoning
- Jet Set Radio Future
- Kingdom Under Fire: Crusaders
- Kingdom Under Fire: Heroes
- MechAssault
- MechAssault 2: Lone Wolf
- NBA Street V3
- Oddworld: Stranger's Wrath
- Panzer Dragoon Orta
- Prince of Persia: Warrior Within
- Prince of Persia: The Two Thrones
- Psychonauts
- Soul Calibur II
- TimeSplitters 2
- TimeSplitters: Future Perfect
- Unreal Championship
- Unreal Championship 2

JethroXP said:
That's one man's opinion. Rather than bitching about what is there, how about making some suggestions for what *should* be there.

Ok.

One man's opinion on what should be there:

Morrowind
Riddick
DOA Ultimate
Mechassault
Psychonauts
Unreal Championship 2
Conker
Anything that sold more than 10,000 copies.

Now since there's nothing on that list that is a revolutionary suggestion, I fail to see what good that (or your flame over it) accomplished. Regardless, sorry I brought it up at all. Next time I'll think better of posting.

I didn't flame, I said stop bitching and offer a suggestion. Telling the world how much you dislike something is fine and dandy, but if you really care about it that much, why not at least mention how it could be better?

It's easy to say that MS should implement certain games over others, but at the same time, they can't say no to crappy games that are easy to implement. And good games that are hard to implement are either going to take a while or not happen at all.

BTW, it looks like they finally got Pirates working again. That's a huge plus to me considering they removed it from the list during the second update (it was glitchy as hell on 360, so I can see why they did that).

Precisely. Just because some games aren't "AAA" titles, it doesn't mean they didn't sell well. Great games, average games, lousy games, they all sell. Microsoft should provide support for all games, and that's exactly what they're doing.

At least they haven't given up on the backwards compatibility process and are releasing updates once every month or two. Hopefully soon they'll add some support for titles many have been asking for. I'm willing to bet they've been working on it for a while and are trying to perfect the emulation process so that they won't run into any problems when the update are finally released.

PsyOps, Indigo Prophecy, Destroy all Humans and Psyconauts!!

Oh and get Black working right. But I am sure all of these rest on the actual developers to get working, so keep the X-Box around.

I happen to like Links 2004 and I'm glad I can play it on the 360 now. Its very well done actually.

People will always find something to bitch about. Even if MS released a BC update making all xbox games compatible tomarrow someone would bitch about why it took so long. Got to love the internet. Almost 50 BC titles added in just a few months. It hasn't even been a year and MS has updated the BC list 2 or 3 times, give it time.

What about just using your old Xbox to play the older games? There is nothing better for backward compatibility than just using the old console for it. If you don't have an older Xbox, then I feel your pain.

Netrat33 said:
Woohoo! I'm not the only one who feels this way :D
They've got the sequel on the backward compatibility list, so I don't think it would be very hard to get the original up and running.

junehhan said:
What about just using your old Xbox to play the older games? There is nothing better for backward compatibility than just using the old console for it. If you don't have an older Xbox, then I feel your pain.
Xbox 360 = Upscaled Xbox games = 720p = FTW!

junehhan said:

Exactly; I don't have an original Xbox myself.

Anyone notice that they added Lego Star Wars II - a game that isn't out yet and will have a version specifically for the 360? Weird!

Microsoft, add Dead or Alive Ultimate already!

Back