$359 Evga 7800gt/mobo offer

Looks like a good deal. No rebate too. The board itself is on Newegg for $129.00.

I heard that site is fishy....But thats one hell of a deal! How is that motherboard anyways? Good for mild OCing?

Wow, very tempting. How is Tiger Direct's service? Never ordered from there before and will hate to lose my money.

Circuitbreaker8 said:
I heard that site is fishy....But thats one hell of a deal! How is that motherboard anyways? Good for mild OCing?
how is the motherboard? decent I guess. Can read here for more info:
http://hardforum.com/showthread.php?t=943238

The board is actually made by Jetway though, but evga put their name on it.

I probably wouldn't overclock using it.

I Think the deal is thru Evga. Newegg had the same deal for a long time. And evga advertises it on there side.

It's supposedly a reliable board that can be overclocked, but nothing to standards of a DFI, Abit, or MSI.

I would definitely jump on this if I were switching to PCI-E.

Well, I've ordered lots of stuff from TD and never had a problem. I wouldn't worry about them. Notice their PriceGrabber.com rating compared to Newegg. The same 4.5/5 rating but with 50% more people. ;)

pgratings.jpg

Tiger direct has been in the business I believe much longer than the Egg. I wouldn't brush them off, I think they are pretty dependable for the most part.

Nothing wrong with TD. My dad has been ordering from them for like 10 years and they've always been reliable if you ask him.

Even if this deal did have a rebate...I think they guarantee the rebates now too.

Anyways....after the crap ZZF pulled on me (and still is), I bit on this deal.

Look for the mobo to hit the FS forum soon.

FYI: If you think about it, it is a 59$ mobo seeing as the same GPU can be had for 300 bux..

Tiny said:
Even if this deal did have a rebate...I think they guarantee the rebates now too.

Anyways....after the crap ZZF pulled on me (and still is), I bit on this deal.

Look for the mobo to hit the FS forum soon.

Hmmm, do you know what type of 7800gt this is? I know eVGA has released a few different ones (all differently clocked). If in fact it remains to be the lower clocked model, it really isn't worth it to bit on this deal, considering you can pick it up for $280 or so.

If you go by the Egg standards, then you can get the 518 eVGA 7800GT for 299 after a $20 MIR. The board is going for $129 as someone said already.

AND....

Add to that....this: http://www.evga.com/community/promos/BigNameGame/ you could possibly score a free game with it too.

So you are saving $70 with the TigerDirect deal and that is with no rebates. And that isn't even adding the free game.

I already have my free game reserved.

And the board is a Jetway, but they are good boards. And they overclock fine.

Yeah, I'm thinking of biting on this deal as well. I just wish they would have used a less "loud" color combo for the board. I know it doesn't really add anything except for aestheticness but it still makes me queezy...

Alright just some info. for those who care...

I ordered this about a month ago when they had it for $399 with $20 mail in...wow so good now its flat $359 with no rebate...

Anyways, this was when ZZF and Newegg both had it up on their site...I only chose TD because tax kills me when ordering from either Newegg or ZZF.

Long story short...the start of the ordering process was a huge mess...took a while but finally got my stuff from TD...basically started from a bad experience to a neutral, I would give them a shot again.

As for the mobo board...it is evga's sli board, rebranded Jetway, but I believe they handle things differently with the bios. Anyhow, don't expect this board to be a super overclocker, because it is not. Average at best. It is VERY VERY picky about RAM timing, especially running it at a 1T setting...if you need more info hit up the evga official forums and the motherboard section. As currently, you will almost never get a clean or stable system running HTT above 250 with ram at 1T (even with high ram divider to get my ram speed down to 200), this is an issue that many have complained about and evga realizes. Personally, I was about to get HTT 260+ with 1T on my RAM with my old Epox while the evga hits a wall at 250. Others on the forums have different experiences.

The videocard, 7800GT. Solid board, comes pre overclocked already at 445/1070 IIRC. Nothing bad to say about the board, except there is some issues with the fan, I have addressed this at the evga forums and other members have similar issues. Basically there is only 1 setting for the fan speed, and that is max 100% and that is noisy.

Overall, I am not trying to put off people buying the combo, just some facts to clear up before purchase. I would recommend it especially if you are upgrading to PCIe or SLI platforms...the bundle is a pretty good deal and I have been very happy with my 7800gt.

Oh yeah before I go, evga has good warranties...IIRC lifetime and covers a lot of bases, such as fan removal and OCing and their customer service is excellent.

I'm considering buying this for my move to PCI-E that I planned this month. Do you think it would suit me? I don't overclock at all and am looking to get some good performance in games. If I do get it I will probably sell off the board so I can get BFGs offering.

Any suggestions?

Bought it last night and it is shipping today. Wow, what a night and day difference then ZZF. I like it.

Oh, and I will selling the mobo, as I have no use for SLI because I am mATX for life.

*edit*

Got the tracking number and it will be here on Friday. Awesome. ZZF is still "in the process of cancelling" my order.

*double EDIT*

Got the card today, awesome! And ZZF is still listing my order as "Packed" and still trying to credit my card back. I hate them.

Back