3570K and Antec NeoHe 430W

puunakki

n00b
Is the NeoHe powersupply enough for the 3570K? I'm upgrading my htpc and now it has phenom 2 940, and a HD6870 and it runs with no problems. I'm not quite sure what the power draw difference is for ivy bridge and phenom 2, but i think phenom 2 draws out more power?

Should be fine, that is a 77w chip compared to the PII which is 125w part, your power draw will probably be much lower especially at idle.

That PSU is itself near the end of its useful life since it is a seven-year-old Seasonic design that's been superceded by newer designs from the same manufacturer. That said, it will run an Ivy Bridge build fine, but I'd recommend replacing with a newer and higher quality PSU in the 500W range as soon as you can afford one.

This antec has surely served me well over these years, maybe I will put it to a rest. I do have a Corsair HX650 lying around, maybe I will throw it in the htpc.

No reason to use an older, crappier, less efficient PSU when you've got a nice HX 650 doing nothing buy laying around. ;)

Back