350Anyone here use Sennheiser PC G4ME Gaming Headset

I would asume you are saying that are good from your post. I know that senn's are pretty and I want good set of closed ear head phones. I am still thinking about buying a set of Plantronics from work snice I get them for a good discount until I can get the Sennheisers.

lol not quite.

the senn headsets are not good. plantronics are worse but if it just voice? shrug.

the Koss Sb 40 + a zalman clip on mic is the best gaming headset under $40.

They are an above average headset. (As they should be for the price) They run 150ohms or so and benefit greatly from a headphone amp. The microphone doesn't go below horizontal, this may bother you if you can see it out of the corners of your eyes. They are comfortable and well built.

I don't think the mic will be an issue for me really. I decided just to get a the zalman mic until I get the cash to get the senns and use my HD515's. I just want a decent comfy closed head set and the senns from what I think are right for me. Every set of Senns I have used or heard always seemed perfect for me. Was just trying to get an idea from poeple that actually have them =/ I am looking for comfy and well built as you said and once again closed head set. As far as a headphone amp I am not looking for UBER quality... I been wanting one these for a while what would be for something that at the most is 100. I kinda wanna find a goo CMOY based amp that uses a wall input instead of a battery because I am not taking it mobile.

Just not worth the $160 mate. You could score a pair of used Senn 600s for around that on Head-Fi.

Look to head-fi for more info on headphones. I truly believe that you are selling yourself short paying $160 for a headset. Even if it is decent, I would wager it still is not as good as the headphones in that price range.

Really, I would say that for closed headsets are not optimal for hours of gaming b/c they do not breathe. I just have to use open headphones or my head gets soaked.

Only trying to help. Just my opinions based on years of PC gaming. I had the original mechwarrior on my 386 lol. I also had PONG but that barely counts as a game lol.

it is not that they are bad or something but except for having shiner plastic
and being 3x the price of PC161 or PC151 or PC150 there is no real difference.
Except for being closed cans. Which gives you stronger bass. But also ear fatigue as spaceman noted.

Also back to the headphone amp. I don't wanna drop a lot on it just need something decent.

Try the Koss Sb40 then. You do not get much better gaming specific sound until you hit $200 or so.

No amp required. Just try the Koss first. That way, you always have a strong backup b/w upgrades lol.

I don't want a Koss... If I wanted Koss quality I'd buy another set of Plantronics... Every single headsets I ever encountered from koss have been trash. And I want a headphone amp either way. I got some uses for it for more then just my PC.

an x-fi puts out almost as much power as a cmoy/portable amp. i've tried many even very nice ones. dont waste money on the cmoy, spend it on the headphones or save up for a real amp

I don't want a Koss... If I wanted Koss quality I'd buy another set of Plantronics... Every single headsets I ever encountered from koss have been trash. And I want a headphone amp either way. I got some uses for it for more then just my PC.

lol ok then.

the sb40 is not trash. nowhere near a plantronics pos. it is certainly a diamond in the rough. I never expected much out of it until I tried one. You can sit on it, step on it, drop it, throw it, whatever, still works. Sound is really tuned towards fps too. What do I know though?

You want to get serious? Go check out Head-Fi and keep a close eye on your wallet lol.

Back