3500 off Samsung 65 inch 4K tv

Nice to see they finally brought it down to a more realistic price. Now for the 4k content...

ooo local dimming, I haven't seen that in a while on new tv's it. I thought they were phasing it out because everyone wants thin thin thin. I'm tempted to actually buy this but these have been dropping a lot in price so I can wait for the price to drop more.

ooo local dimming, I haven't seen that in a while on new tv's it. I thought they were phasing it out because everyone wants thin thin thin. I'm tempted to actually buy this but these have been dropping a lot in price so I can wait for the price to drop more.

Why would you bother with this TV.. There is almost ZERO content for it.

Important notice if you are considering this TV , it does NOT support 4k at 60hz and is limited to 30hz through the current limits of the HDMI standard. This is fine for movies , tv but not for gaming. Samsung has been mum on if they will offer the upgraded ONE CONNECT break out box.

So while this is a nice TV until Samsung confirms that they will be offering the upgraded break out box it would be smart to hold off until 4k HDMI 2.0 TV's start coming out.

it is 1.6 inches deep...not sure how much thinner you can get :)

If you have access to EPP then it's $3,699, but I would hold off, there is no word on HDMI 2.0 on these.

I'll buy this tv in 5 years for $1,000 when blu ray will become obsolete and there's actual content for it.

Not large enough... I'm fairly certain my next video display device will be a projector + screen. Getting the last TV to where it is was a pain and I have no idea how I'm going to get it out without destroying it.

$4k for 4k, actually almost reasonable.

Personally i'd rather see oled + higher hz

It'd be nice if you mentioned the price on the title or at least the first post.

$4k is getting a little more reasonable, but there's still another 50% they can shave in the next year or 2.

It'd be nice if you mentioned the price on the title or at least the first post.

$4k is getting a little more reasonable, but there's still another 50% they can shave in the next year or 2.

I am not selling it just passing on a hot deal.

Important notice if you are considering this TV , it does NOT support 4k at 60hz and is limited to 30hz through the current limits of the HDMI standard. This is fine for movies , tv but not for gaming. Samsung has been mum on if they will offer the upgraded ONE CONNECT break out box.

So while this is a nice TV until Samsung confirms that they will be offering the upgraded break out box it would be smart to hold off until 4k HDMI 2.0 TV's start coming out.

is that actually an issue though? who is going to game at 4K on a 65" screen? 1080 and upscale to 4K will be fine and still be what any console and the majority of gaming rigs do. Even using a powerful rig, input lag and that screen size, gaming performance is a moot point IMO.

is that actually an issue though? who is going to game at 4K on a 65" screen? 1080 and upscale to 4K will be fine and still be what any console and the majority of gaming rigs do. Even using a powerful rig, input lag and that screen size, gaming performance is a moot point IMO.

Well, I'd consider it an issue when the Panasonic TC-L65WT600 comes with HDMI 2.0 and Displayport. No real reason to buy any of the others until they offer the same.

Well, I'd consider it an issue when the Panasonic TC-L65WT600 comes with HDMI 2.0 and Displayport. No real reason to buy any of the others until they offer the same.

What's the cheapest this TV has sold for? Got a link to the best deal?
4K @ 60Hz... :eek:

Beautiful screen. Picked one up tonight. There are some out of the box issues with blurring, but there are settings to fix it. Negative reviews complain about that, but those people are dumb.

Samsung does plan on it. I spoke with a rep who confirmed it today. Would not have purchased it otherwise.

3. All posts "should" include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

That actually doesn't state it has to be included. That is more of a suggestion. If they want to make it an actual rule they need to re-word it. Just saying. :D

3. All posts must include.....

3. All posts need to have........

Just to further back my point:

should (shd)
aux.v. Past tense of shall
1. Used to express obligation or duty: You should send her a note.
2. Used to express probability or expectation: They should arrive at noon.
3. Used to express conditionality or contingency: If she should fall, then so would I.
4. Used to moderate the directness or bluntness of a statement: I should think he would like to go.
Usage Note: Like the rules governing the use of shall and will on which they are based, the traditional rules governing the use of should and would are largely ignored in modern American practice. Either should or would can now be used in the first person to express conditional futurity: If I had known that, I would (or somewhat more formally, should) have answered differently. But in the second and third persons only would is used: If he had known that, he would (not should) have answered differently. Would cannot always be substituted for should, however. Should is used in all three persons in a conditional clause: if I (or you or he) should decide to go. Should is also used in all three persons to express duty or obligation (the equivalent of ought to): I (or you or he) should go. On the other hand, would is used to express volition or promise: I agreed that I would do it. Either would or should is possible as an auxiliary with like, be inclined, be glad, prefer, and related verbs: I would (or should) like to call your attention to an oversight. Here would was acceptable on all levels to a large majority of the Usage Panel in an earlier survey and is more common in American usage than should. · Should have is sometimes incorrectly written should of by writers who have mistaken the source of the spoken contraction should've. See Usage Notes at if, rather, shall.

Now back on topic: I thought these 4K tvs were to upgrade what ever you are watching to 4K if it isn't 4K content?

this is not a bad deal, I need them to go down to 2k before I consider. I really want to get a 65in tv right now but dont want to get a 2k TV when 4k is dropping in price like crazy. Sure content is gonna be a while to get here and current gen consoles will never play shit at 4k but still

this is not a bad deal, I need them to go down to 2k before I consider. I really want to get a 65in tv right now but dont want to get a 2k TV when 4k is dropping in price like crazy. Sure content is gonna be a while to get here and current gen consoles will never play shit at 4k but still

This is what I am waiting for. That 2k price range, and I will have one.

Not large enough... I'm fairly certain my next video display device will be a projector + screen. Getting the last TV to where it is was a pain and I have no idea how I'm going to get it out without destroying it.

While I agree in some respects, projection systems are not an option for most people. They're completely useless during the day, unless you have a room there's no external light sources. I know people in half million dollar homes that don't meet that criteria. Sure they could probably fix it, but most people don't want to turn their living area into a crypt and god help them if the house has an open floor plan (not uncommon).

I'm not a fan of LCD or even Plasma, but projectors simply aren't practical for most people...which is a shame, because decent projectors are often pretty reasonable.

I agree, as much as I would love a projector its just not practical in my place, I also think 65" is pretty big and dont really need bigger than that ( I have a 50in and def want something bigger but I have seen 65in sets and they are enormous).

Also on the topic of 4k content, it will come in no time, most movies are shot at 4k or more so the source material is there just needs to put out in a format for consumption. The big shame in 4k is the next gen consoles which function fine at less than 2k but will not be able to run games at a resolution that high.

I agree, as much as I would love a projector its just not practical in my place, I also think 65" is pretty big and dont really need bigger than that ( I have a 50in and def want something bigger but I have seen 65in sets and they are enormous).

Also on the topic of 4k content, it will come in no time, most movies are shot at 4k or more so the source material is there just needs to put out in a format for consumption. The big shame in 4k is the next gen consoles which function fine at less than 2k but will not be able to run games at a resolution that high.

I guess it depends on the person. I was visiting family and they've got an 80" set. I can sit 6 feet away from that and it doesn't look big. If you're 10-15 feet away (which granted that's a big room), I think you need a projector (assuming light is controllable).

As for next gen consoles, they can't release a 4k gaming device today. 4K isn't going to be a mainstream TV for at least 3 years and the cost to drive 4K would have driven up the prices significantly. If you want that type of video power, stick with PCs.

Do you know what flaming means? I was providing constructive criticism, merely serving to inform you.

thread crapping..but meh nevermind, I will just stop posting deals rather not deal with being hassled about it when I was just trying to be nice.

thread crapping..but meh nevermind, I will just stop posting deals rather not deal with being hassled about it when I was just trying to be nice.

Don't listen to him. IT was a good post. It's not for me, but 4K for a 65" 4k with local dimming is worth a look.

The criticism was stupid. But in the spirit of it, this deal sucks. If you wait 10 years, you can get it for a few hundred bucks.

I was merely trying to inform, even to those who are so thin-skinned and abhor education.

So the 30Hz is a bandwidth limitation? Not a limitation of the panel?

sorta, with this samsung , you have the evolution kit option for HDMI 2.0 possible. The panels can probably do 60hz or 120hz depending on how they spec'd it

the 30hz limit is all about the shipping hdmi 1.4a chips in the channel, no one was making HDMI 2.0 spec'd chips since it wasn't standardized until sorta recently.

some of the shipping chips can handle higher clocks needed for UHD and 4K @ 30hz plus 1080p @ 120Hz and some just barely manage 3D 1080p.

Internally , the signaling to the panel can have plenty of bandwidth if the manufacturer decided to spec it that way or if they use the extra bandwidth.

Part of the reason the panasonic 4K model has Displayport 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 already is they already had the panel spec'd to handle it and just need to pair it with updated inputs and firmware.

It is possible this Samsung , with the use of a future Evolution kit, could do 120hz 1080p, UHD 60Hz, and UHD on DisplayPort without MFT and thus be a decent investment but it is hard to know what and when Samsung is gonna add in the future versus them just making new models of TVs.

The rub here is Samsung doesn't release the panel capabilities , they might be just barely be able to do UHD @ 30Hz and a future Evolution kit wont help it other then adding better Smart TV processing.

sorta, with this samsung , you have the evolution kit option for HDMI 2.0 possible. The panels can probably do 60hz or 120hz depending on how they spec'd it

the 30hz limit is all about the shipping hdmi 1.4a chips in the channel, no one was making HDMI 2.0 spec'd chips since it wasn't standardized until sorta recently.

some of the shipping chips can handle higher clocks needed for UHD and 4K @ 30hz plus 1080p @ 120Hz and some just barely manage 3D 1080p.

Internally , the signaling to the panel can have plenty of bandwidth if the manufacturer decided to spec it that way or if they use the extra bandwidth.

Part of the reason the panasonic 4K model has Displayport 1.2 and HDMI 2.0 already is they already had the panel spec'd to handle it and just need to pair it with updated inputs and firmware.

It is possible this Samsung , with the use of a future Evolution kit, could do 120hz 1080p, UHD 60Hz, and UHD on DisplayPort without MFT and thus be a decent investment but it is hard to know what and when Samsung is gonna add in the future versus them just making new models of TVs.

The rub here is Samsung doesn't release the panel capabilities , they might be just barely be able to do UHD @ 30Hz and a future Evolution kit wont help it other then adding better Smart TV processing.

Wow. Thanks for a great review of the saga.

I'm not sure an evolution kit would be what adds new interconnect capability to this TV, it uses the One Connect box, so you may need purchase a newer One Connect box for any newer inputs.

I haven't seen an Evolution kit that added or upgraded interconnects, the current ones just upgrade the smart tv features (quad core cpu, new remote, ect.), which I would think that's what any released for this TV would do as well.

well the improvement is that you are getting 4k not that its 5in bigger.

good to know about the limit to 30hz and hdmi 2.0. I am almost in the market for a new tv. I know that my DLP will kick the bucket soon (the bulb that is) and I want to get something new when that happens. I would like it to be future proof and last as much as this DLP lasted (I think its going on 4/5 years which is great) so naturally I would like 4k. Of course if my tv broke tomorrow I would stick with 1080 for now but I am hopping new sets and new prices get here sometime mid of next year.

3. All posts "should" include the item and price in the title/subject line and a link to the item in the body of the thread.

That actually doesn't state it has to be included. That is more of a suggestion. If they want to make it an actual rule they need to re-word it. Just saying. :D

3. All posts must include.....

3. All posts need to have........

snip.

LOL Okay someone's going to complain about you being pedantic about it, so now I'm eagerly looking forward to the bickering that will ensue :D

It's usually people that can't afford high-end products that tend to whine the most. :D

Back