35" AOC Agon 3440x1440 WQHD Curved Gaming Monitor G-Sync $679

Try going to flash.newegg.com and look for it that way.. When I click on either of those links, it doesn't work.. Finding it manually does though. Good luck I bought one!

hmmmm..... happy with Dell 3415, but.... 100Hz and Gsync? sounds delish. Wonder if the wife'll kill me.

hmmmm..... happy with Dell 3415, but.... 100Hz and Gsync? sounds delish. Wonder if the wife'll kill me.

Dang I'm in the same boat. Not sure if it would be worth the upgrade to this. I know the colors on the Dell are great but gsync and 100hz sounds great too...

Decided - what the hell, let's do it.

Of course.... TOO LATE! Sold out.

Will wait 'til next time.

BB

So instead I bought a Gigabyte Aorus gtx1080Ti for 949..... Wtf is wrong with me?

Just got a e-mail for this Monitor for $679.99 even tho I brought it Saturday and been sold out since Monday lol.

I will say, after using this monitor for a couple of weeks now, the backlight bleed is pretty bad actually. My previous ROG Swift TN panel was much more uniform. It's VERY noticeable in dark scenes. I'll try and take some pictures to show you what I mean.

I will say, after using this monitor for a couple of weeks now, the backlight bleed is pretty bad actually. My previous ROG Swift TN panel was much more uniform. It's VERY noticeable in dark scenes. I'll try and take some pictures to show you what I mean.
Please do mine is on the way and that is disappointing to hear as I'm sure it will be expensive to return.

Well, the picture actually makes it look way worse than it is, but it'll at least gives you an idea of the distribution of the bleed. Personally, I'm fine with it as it hasn't bothered me in games and I have a 40inch 4K TV above it for watching media content.

Attachments

• IMG_20180306_202920.jpg
    IMG_20180306_202920.jpg
    119.2 KB · Views: 15
Wow that's really really splotchy like a monitor you might get 10 years ago. I guess I will send mine back if it looks like that. If I was given that at work for free I wouldn't care but this thing isn't cheap after tax.

Wow that's really really splotchy like a monitor you might get 10 years ago. I guess I will send mine back if it looks like that. If I was given that at work for free I wouldn't care but this thing isn't cheap after tax.

It doesn't have anything to do with age. QC on monitors has always been crap. I used to buy premium 800$+ professional monitors that all had various defects. Considering this is fairly cheap for a 3440x1440 panel, it's about the level of quality control I'd expect. If you're willing to open up the casing, you can try inserting small pieces of cardboard to flex out the panel in those areas. Doing that to the diffuser occasionally can fix things. I did it to my Qnix to make it basically BLB-free. But this is curved so I can imagine it's a degree more complicated to work with...

So just got this bad boy set up and it is not bad. I should of went to a store and checked it out first tho. This shit is huge. BLB is present but not as bad as CruisD64. Very little across the top. The bottom is a little much but I think it is fine. I still have to play with setting.

Got this guy setup yesterday. If you aren't sitting in front of it then you can definitely see the areas CruisD64 has in his picture. If you view from straight ahead they disappear, at least on my monitor; standing over it or to the side they show up. Could be eye trickery at work. Very pleased with my decision to purchase. That said I'm coming from 2 VG248QE's.

Got this guy setup yesterday. If you aren't sitting in front of it then you can definitely see the areas CruisD64 has in his picture. If you view from straight ahead they disappear, at least on my monitor; standing over it or to the side they show up. Could be eye trickery at work. Very pleased with my decision to purchase. That said I'm coming from 2 VG248QE's.

Yeah, I would say that's pretty accurate for my screen as well. The only place I notice it when looking dead on is in the top left corner in a really dark scene. Other than that, the screen is way brighter and crisper than my previous ROG Swift TN panel. I would buy this exact same panel for the price I paid again and again. No regrets.

I agree with is assessment. After fiddling with settings last night I do have mix feelings about it. If my desk was deeper then I would have 0 issues with it. I am just stuck to close to it. It is beautiful being like 3 feet away.

OOS. I missed it AGAIN. Oh well. Black Friday right around the corner - right?

It is so nice.. I have a U3415W that I am replacing it with.. Decided to buy the Dell MSA14 arm swing to have it mounted above the AOC AGON monitor. I am crossing my fingers it will go exactly how I envisioned it in my head... lol.. One can only hope...

I got mine, its a nice screen, I don't know if this is true of curved monitors in general or just this one, but the view andle / tint shit with some colors like the gray on this forum is kind of annoying. over all I am liking it though. I only notice the bleed when the screen is all black so its not an issue for me. The tint shift however is very noticable compared to my x-star.

Also I do have one major issue that might be a deal breaker.

it keeps beeping at me!
Yes beeping. Like the sound or Morse code. it's not all the time but it keeps doing it. I don't have any sound or HDMI devices plugged into it so WTF! Anyone know why it would do this or how to turn it off?

The backlight is nice too. I have my keyboard and PC set to red dim red so it's quite relaxing at night.

It sounds like this: Sorta like the letter B only more beeps:

And it only happens every 10-20 minutes. Then sometimes several times in a row.

edit: ok wait, my sound card was set to play sounds out of the monitor. But I only have a display port? Display ports can transfer audio too? Still no idea what this beeping is though....

Last edited:
Back