35-38 inch 3480x1600 (Curved), Full-HDR, Freesync 100MHZ (No G-Sync), Does such a unicorn exist?

The Cobra

2[H]4U
Well, I am trying to find a needle in a haystack. As my end of the year I treat to myself, I am not going to do a CPU update, RAM update, GPU update since my cards run great still. SO, I've decided to do a monitor update. My last update was three years ago to the 32 inch Acer 3440x1440 with freesync locked at 75 and having a nice color range but no HDR. I saw the difference recently between a HDR and non-HDR monitor and I am hooked.

My dream setup for a monitor would be a 35-38 inch curved wide screen 4k that does 120mhz. But my video cards won't push the frames I want.

So I think a smaller upgrade would work: 35-38 inch 3480x1600 (Curved), Full-HDR, Freesync 100MHZ.

Is that too much to ask? (Budget is a grand which is somewhat flexible)

Thanks for your help in advanced.

Last edited:
That is actually not a bad price on the 3440x1440. Thx. I wonder if it could handle Crossfire at 100mhz?

Yeah, it should be similar performance to what you have now.

100Hz is certainly possible in CF supported games and maybe tweaking the settings a bit.

I might just sit back this year and wait until 2019 when the monitor technology catches up with the cards. I just don't know it adding just HDR would be worth it without an increase in screen depth. I'll sit on it. Thx again.

At leaat one of the 3840x1600 panels will do 75Hz but only on AMD.

Thegood features show up in the 34" IPS / 35" VA 1440P panel monitors first. The other resolutions are mostly still stuck in basic business class. Some have Freesync, but the choices are terrible for Gsync.

I might just sit back this year and wait until 2019 when the monitor technology catches up with the cards. I just don't know it adding just HDR would be worth it without an increase in screen depth. I'll sit on it. Thx again.

Nothing "Full HDR" exists right now except a couple 27" monitors. For that you'll need to wait, at least a year. Your best bet: MicroLED. Coming late 2019/early 2020. 2nd best option: OLED displays, 20" monitors or 40" TVs, coming ~2020 from Japan OLED. Personally, I got myself a 29" 1080p ultrawide to enjoy the extra aspect ratio while I wait for 2020.

Back